Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Current Year 13 thread Mark I (2014-2015) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blamethenargles)
    I went for my first house party of the academic year Saturday and now I feel truly settled into the school year :cool:
    No way me too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    No way me too
    Was it an 18th birthday party??? :blow:

ReputationRep:
    I went for my first house party of the academic year Saturday and now I feel truly settled into the school year :cool:
    I had my first hangover at college of the year on friday after a night out :') definitely settled into year 13 now:')

ReputationRep:
    Was it an 18th birthday party??? :blow:
    Indeed it was haha

Was good fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meli.Hardege)
    I had my first hangover at college of the year on friday after a night out :') definitely settled into year 13 now:')
    Congratulations!:hahaha: I still haven't had a hangover yet, I hope I'm immune or something

Indeed it was haha

Was good fun
    Maybe we were at the same one we were just hidden from each other or something:headbang:

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations!:hahaha: I still haven't had a hangover yet, I hope I'm immune or something
    How likely do you think that is? I'm hoping I have the same thing :lol:

ReputationRep:

Maybe we were at the same one we were just hidden from each other or something:headbang:
    Lol if you were at the one I was at we'd be hearing lots about that night

Was crazy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MangoFreak)
    How likely do you think that is? I'm hoping I have the same thing :lol:
    Not very unfortunately :sigh: BUT THERE IS STILL HOPE YET!

Lol if you were at the one I was at we'd be hearing lots about that night

Was crazy
    Ours was pretty average crazy to be honest, so probably not:nah:
    I mean, the birthday girl passed out after drinking an insane amount and some people gatecrashed from my friend's band and then stole a slab of the birthday girl's garden path but ayyyyy

ReputationRep:
    Ours was pretty average crazy to be honest, so probably not:nah:
    I mean, the birthday girl passed out after drinking an insane amount and some people gatecrashed from my friend's band and then stole a slab of the birthday girl's garden path but ayyyyy
    I'm really glad I didn't go to the 18th I was invited to this weekend. It sounds like one guy's drink was spiked and he ripped up a fence and caused £800 worth of damage... and someone else let the neighbour's cows out which caused chaos in the morning. Rather crazy. Hopefully the rest won't be as bad as that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeFailFish)
    I'm really glad I didn't go to the 18th I was invited to this weekend. It sounds like one guy's drink was spiked and he ripped up a fence and caused £800 worth of damage... and someone else let the neighbour's cows out which caused chaos in the morning. Rather crazy. Hopefully the rest won't be as bad as that!
    Oh my goodness! Usually with ours there's always one or two people that don't drink to kind of look after the rest so people don't get too reckless... but wow... that's insane!! Good thing you weren't there, I remember a girl in my year hosted a house party a couple of years ago without her parents knowing and someone smashed the sink in their newly refurbished bathroom!

ReputationRep:
    Drink lots of water before you fall asleep, prevents hangovers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Drink lots of water before you fall asleep, prevents hangovers
    Okay, thanks!! :-D

ReputationRep:
    I'm a little curious about something. Intuitively, what do you think the optimal angle for launching a projectile is if you want it to go as far as possible?

Did you need to think about it?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Bude8)
    I'm a little curious about something. Intuitively, what do you think the optimal angle for launching a projectile is if you want it to go as far as possible?

45 degrees? It just seems like that's the natural answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)

Well I know it's 45 so I can't really say it was my intuition

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)

My teacher asked me this today no joke, yeah I'd say 45 because any bigger and the thing your projecting will go to high up and any lower it's going to hit the ground too soon

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    My teacher asked me this today no joke, yeah I'd say 45 because any bigger and the thing your projecting will go to high up and any lower it's going to hit the ground too soon

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It depends. From one level to the same level, yes, it is (and I can show you the proof if you'd like), but from one level to a different one is a different matter...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TLHroolz)
    It depends. From one level to the same level, yes, it is (and I can show you the proof if you'd like), but from one level to a different one is a different matter...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ah I assumed we were talking just horizontal ground, I can do the proof too I literally did it today :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    ah I assumed we were talking just horizontal ground, I can do the proof too I literally did it today :cool:
    Awesome in Maths...? And how did you go about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TLHroolz)
    Awesome in Maths...? And how did you go about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep, working out the horizontal distance in terms of sin2x and then differentiating and putting that equal to 0 giving x = 45

That was such a rubbish explanation of what I've done though hahahahahha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.