Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jodieee2994)
    Birmingham don't use UKCAT or any other admissions test so you could apply to there as you have already completed your degree. If you haven't done GAMSAT then unfortunately there aren't many options if you have a low UKCAT. Barts select for interview by scoring you on 50:50 UKCAT to academics, so if your academics are amazing, and your UKCAT isn't ridiculously low maybe you could apply there?
    I didn't think a chemistry degree allowed me to apply for Birmingham? I should have just sat the GAMSAT really, I just thought I would have too much on! It's not terrible no so I could always give Barts a go. I suppose it's worth just applying even if it just gives me some experience for next year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kj0511)
    What would be the minimum VR score for Warwick? I'm worried because I messed mine up
    Did someone say above 570 last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    so I did my UKCAT today and got 727 (VR670 really let me down as its usually my highest) and I'm worried that this just won't be enough. I read that warwick tend to accept 3000 and above for grads with just a degree and I'm only on 2910. will this be enough for southampton? I'm thinking of applying half gem and had 5 year. Im so confused and don't know what to do!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by III-AMIR-III)
    Sat my UKCAT today got a lot lower than I expected. 707.5
    610 VR
    790 QR
    710AR
    720 DA
    I managed to get a 1st in Biomedical Science, was wondering if I have a chance of getting an interview from Barts or Warwick?
    I'd imagine you'd get an interview at Barts, not sure about Warwick as it depends what the VR average this year is and how the overall scores compare to previous years.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    so I did my UKCAT today and got 727 (VR670 really let me down as its usually my highest) and I'm worried that this just won't be enough. I read that warwick tend to accept 3000 and above for grads with just a degree and I'm only on 2910. will this be enough for southampton? I'm thinking of applying half gem and had 5 year. Im so confused and don't know what to do!!
    Warwick actually said on their website that for a grad with only a degree, a score of 3000 or above would very likely see them get an interview. I'm sure from this you can see that that doesn't necessarily mean that a score of lower won't get you an interview.

I'm applying to and I only got 2950 (737.5), but based on the people who applied last year I think we're both in with a shot :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachel2601)
    I didn't think a chemistry degree allowed me to apply for Birmingham? I should have just sat the GAMSAT really, I just thought I would have too much on! It's not terrible no so I could always give Barts a go. I suppose it's worth just applying even if it just gives me some experience for next year!
    I would definitely give Birmingham a call or send them an email to double check. If I were you, I'd apply, even just for the experience :-)

ReputationRep:
    I would definitely apply with that, I can't see that your VR will be below average which Warwick state as their cut off, and your score is above 2 out of 3 cut offs from the past 3 years (2,800 for 2015 entry; 2,940 for 2014 entry and 2,810 for 2013). My VR is 680 and I'm applying.

ReputationRep:
    Sat my UKCAT today and disappointed. Got 685 average (760,700,590,690, band 1). I am right in thinking this is too low to risk putting it above a GAMSAT uni (I scored a respectable 71 on GAMSAT)?

Originally wanted to put Oxford, Liverpool, Nottingham, Warwick but thinking of swapping Warwick for Swansea, don't particularly like Swansea but also don't want to waste a choice, any thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neuronerd)
    Sat my UKCAT today and disappointed. Got 685 average (760,700,590,690, band 1). I am right in thinking this is too low to risk putting it above a GAMSAT uni (I scored a respectable 71 on GAMSAT)?

Originally wanted to put Oxford, Liverpool, Nottingham, Warwick but thinking of swapping Warwick for Swansea, don't particularly like Swansea but also don't want to waste a choice, any thoughts?
    Do you have any postgrad? as Warwick accepted lower UKCATs with postgrad,

ReputationRep:

That GAMSAT score is amazing, well done! Your UKCAT isn't bad, you could get into Warwick with that, but you'll probably have a better chance with GAMSAT uni's. If you don't like the sound of Swansea, St. George's is also an option

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zd12345)
    Hey, just thought i'd let anyone with weaker UKCAT scores know that I got only 607.5 last year but got offers from Keele and UEA (Norwich) as they take a much more rounded look at your whole application. Good luck!
    That's so reassuring, thanks! I assume they were 5 year courses?

ReputationRep:
    I got 747.5 in UKCAT, with a 1st, think I'll have chances at interviews at Newcastle, Southampton, Barts or Kings?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Respectable, understatement of the year lol That is an amazing GAMSAT score. I've heard good things about Swansea and with that GAMSAT score you're in a good place!

ReputationRep:
    That should be enough for Warwick. On their sight it says 2800 was the minimum they'd take for interview. You don't need 750 to be interviews at Warwick. I know someone who got in with 710

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Respectable 71?!!!! Please tell me that's a typo and you meant 61. 71 is amazing and would get you an interview anywhere for GAMSAT unis. Prioritise it. Even if you mean 61 id apply to some GAMSAT unis, Swansea and St Georges.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clunkles)
    I got 747.5 in UKCAT, with a 1st, think I'll have chances at interviews at Newcastle, Southampton, Barts or Kings?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    All of them

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clunkles)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Depends on the Ukcat average this year, last year that would have been good enough for kings and newcastle but not the years before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HCAssistant93)
    Respectable 71?!!!! Please tell me that's a typo and you meant 61. 71 is amazing and would get you an interview anywhere for GAMSAT unis. Prioritise it. Even if you mean 61 id apply to some GAMSAT unis, Swansea and St Georges.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It is a typo, but the wrong way round, I got 69,73,73 giving me a mean of 72. I actually ENJOYED taking the exam it went so well. It's why I'm so disappointed with my UKCAT. Submitted today with Swansea instead of warwick (much as I love st. georges I can't afford to live in london)

Hopefully see some of you guys at Interview, we are so close now eeek

ReputationRep:
    It is a typo, but the wrong way round, I got 69,73,73 giving me a mean of 72. I actually ENJOYED taking the exam it went so well. It's why I'm so disappointed with my UKCAT. Submitted today with Swansea instead of warwick (much as I love st. georges I can't afford to live in london)

Hopefully see some of you guys at Interview, we are so close now eeek
    Mate don't mean to be rude but 72 is not a respectable score and a bit offensive to people who have 50s and 60s. You should apply to all GAMSAT unis and not bother with ukcat unis. 72 will give you an interview anywhere. Please don't come here and say it's a respectable score because it is more than that. Unless you're here for bragging rights.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.