Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hhassan66)
    i love giroud but let's be honest is he world class? Man City have Agüero Chelsea have Costa Utd. Have v.persie Falcao we have Welbeck and giroud :/
    Yeah but we've scored more than United & Liverpool.. And are I think 6 goals of city & Chelsea who are joint 1st?

I would much rather have our strike force than the one united has (going by form)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    Wenger will work his magic this summer - he knows, he knows that we know, and he knows that we know that he knows, that the last piece in the jigsaw is a top CDM.

We have Ozil, we have Alexis, we have Koscielny, we have Coquelin.......
    GK? RB? I don't have any faith in an ageing Debuchy, shocked we paid £12M tbh, complete and utter waste. I'd like the look of Clyne tbh but we'd have to pay top dollar.

Competition for places is vital. Injuries to Ospina and Wilshere have allowed Ramsey and Woj have to get away for poor performances all season.

People had their doubts about Monreal but he's shown he's been a quality signing. The competition between him and Gibbs has brought out the best of both players and as result benefited the first 11.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    GK? RB? I don't have any faith in an ageing Debuchy, shocked we paid £12M tbh, complete and utter waste. I'd like the look of Clyne tbh but we'd have to pay top dollar.

Competition for places is vital. Injuries to Ospina and Wilshere have allowed Ramsey and Woj have to get away for poor performances all season.

People had their doubts about Monreal but he's shown he's been a quality signing. The competition between him and Gibbs has brought out the best of both players and as result benefited the first 11.
    We overpaid for Debuchy, but he's good enough until Bellerin gains enough experience - assuming he stops picking up massive injuries.

CDM >>> RB > GK imo

ReputationRep:
    We overpaid for Debuchy, but he's good enough until Bellerin gains enough experience - assuming he stops picking up massive injuries.

CDM >>> RB > GK imo
    Ya know, Hector will probably do a Cesc on us.

I reckon we can do CDM + GK + LB in the summer. I don't think we need a RB either tbh.

Even though I like Monreal, he's getting old and Gibbs is far too injury prone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Probably Arshavin, and look how that turned out...
    Nah mate leave Andrei alone. For a season and a bit man was unplayable. Guy was my ****ing hero for a while and his decline was ****ing heartbreaking.

It was like seeing a favourite relative slip into senility...

...you reminisce about the good times, always hoping for a return to how things one were...but ultimately you knew deep down Andrei was never gonna return to those Scouser smashing heights :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)

Nacho is 28...he's in his peak.

We don't need a LB. Whilst neither are world class they are solid enough and there are much more pressing concerns elsewhere! Besides, there isn't exactly an abundance of talent about at LB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Ya know, Hector will probably do a Cesc on us.

I reckon we can do CDM + GK + LB in the summer. I don't think we need a RB either tbh.

Bellerin is definitely doing a Cesc, but who wouldn't? It'd be like Wilshere having to prove himself in Italy until he's ready for Arsenal.

Ospina isn't that bad, though. I agree that the GK position needs to be sorted out, preferably with some 6'5 juggernaut, but it isn't nearly as important as our #1 CDM.

Monreal just turned 28 - he still has years left in the tank. And Gibbs will go ham in the challenge for the #1 RB spot.

We have an issue at RB, though: can Debuchy play for a season without getting injured? If not, does Bellerin have what it takes to become our regular RB? He's a bit shakey defensively, but has the pace and technique required to become a top right wing-back. If Arsene can coach him the mental side, and leave him isolated in a room for a week with a tv and a week's worth of Lahm youtube compilations we'll be fine.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by Dr. Django)
    Nacho is 28...he's in his peak.

We don't need a LB. Whilst neither are world class they are solid enough and there are much more pressing concerns elsewhere! Besides, there isn't exactly an abundance of talent about at LB
    Quite frankly this tbh. It's the one position at the back where I wouldn't mind seeing either starting. Yes Monreal's last game wasn't so great but you can't say this guy isn't solid. Improved incredibly since he's come. We all know Gibb's level too. Both solid LB's, one of the last positions to prioritise tbh unless you wanna get someone in for cover or something on the cheap.

Speaking of defenders, is Debuchy missing the rest of the season then?

ReputationRep:
    People are forgetting about Jenks here. He's currently enjoying a very successful loan spell and regular football in the best West Ham side in decades.

I'd like to see Bellerin go on loan and improve the defensive aspect of his game.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Don't forget we've got Jenko coming back at RB as well so three options to choose from, wouldn't mind if we get someone in that position or not, I'm indifferent to it. A proper well rounded experienced one would be really nice too though just to add to it...so 4 potential RB's I guess. ^
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    But again, not really a necessity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Quite frankly this tbh. It's the one position at the back where I wouldn't mind seeing either starting. Yes Monreal's last game wasn't so great but you can't say this guy isn't solid. Improved incredibly since he's come. We all know Gibb's level too. Both solid LB's, one of the last positions to prioritise tbh unless you wanna get someone in for cover or something on the cheap.

Speaking of defenders, is Debuchy missing the rest of the season then?
    Debuchy's out for three months iirc.

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget we've got Jenko coming back at RB as well so three options to choose from, wouldn't mind if we get someone in that position or not, I'm indifferent to it. A proper well rounded experienced one would be really nice too though just to add to it...so 4 potential RB's I guess. ^
    Four RBs lol. That's two too many.

ReputationRep:
    Could get someone like alves in after his contract is up to blood the youths in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My brother got me a ticket for Old trafford in the cup, what a man. 8,300 gooners up North having it, will go on AFTV is we win. My bro and his mates were on post the Stamford Bridge disaster last season, that group is fanatically pro-Wenger even by my standards

Anyone remember when Chelsea couldnt sell out 4k in 2012? That 2005 fanbase :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Jack Wilshere is one of our big game players, especially in the CL. Can distinctly remember watching Bayern 2012/13 and Jack was the one player who didn't give a toss, protectively brought it to them and we were unlucky not to draw

*Jack Wilshere gonna make it crew*

ReputationRep:
    Wenger will work his magic this summer - he knows, he knows that we know, and he knows that we know that he knows, that the last piece in the jigsaw is a top CDM.

We have Ozil, we have Alexis, we have Koscielny, we have Coquelin.......
    Wenger knows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Jack Wilshere is one of our big game players, especially in the CL. Can distinctly remember watching Bayern 2012/13 and Jack was the one player who didn't give a toss, protectively brought it to them and we were unlucky not to draw

*Jack Wilshere gonna make it crew*
    Jack Wilshere will make it. That was the day that Toni Kroos showed England he was actually a top player, because the unwritten rule is that to be seen as a top player in England, you have to either destroy an English team or the national team.

12/13 Wilshere was top player, no idea why people are saying he only had one good season in 10/11 as he was better in 12/13.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Jack Wilshere will make it. That was the day that Toni Kroos showed England he was actually a top player, because the unwritten rule is that to be seen as a top player in England, you have to either destroy an English team or the national team.

12/13 Wilshere was top player, no idea why people are saying he only had one good season in 10/11 as he was better in 12/13.
    He was hitting from this season before he got injured too tbf, so I don't see why people don't rate him.

But then again, these are probably the same people who wanted Ramsey out in 12/13. Kosc out after the Carling cup final etc etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    He was hitting from this season before he got injured too tbf, so I don't see why people don't rate him.

But then again, these are probably the same people who wanted Ramsey out in 12/13. Kosc out after the Carling cup final etc etc
    That is 12/13.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.