Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone been lucky enough to hear anything yet??? Seriously....this is beginning to take over my life, and have adverse effects on my health!!!!! :-((

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sw1981)
    Has anyone been lucky enough to hear anything yet??? Seriously....this is beginning to take over my life, and have adverse effects on my health!!!!! :-((
    I just got provisionally offered an officer role! Fingers crossed this week they'll start offering everyone a role

ReputationRep:
    Me too. Offered Edinburgh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Looking4jobs127)
    I just got provisionally offered an officer role! Fingers crossed this week they'll start offering everyone a role
    Nice!!! Well done. What location you for? **

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebecca_:))
    Well done to you all! :-) Knowing my luck I'll either be the last in the queue, or just be banished into obscurity! Lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebecca_:))
    Croydon, southern house. Have you been offered a role?

ReputationRep:
    If you don't mind me asking..how did you score in the 3 competencies at interview?

ReputationRep:
    I've finally been offered an O grade role and just had a few questions about it that I was hoping someone here would be able to clear up.

First of all what are the actual tax professional exams that they expect you to pass? I could not find any specific information for the O grade role. Is it their own qualification? And if so wouldn't it be better to go for a role that offers a professional qualification. I currently have an option to go for a role which offers the ACA but I would much rather work in tax.

Secondly what are the promotion prospects like?

Thirdly will my current employer be contacted by them at all during the pre-employment checks? I don't feel my current employer would be happy with the fact that I am applying for another job therefore I would obviously not want them contacted. I don't think they will as they ask you not to hand in your notice till you receive a formal offer but just wanted to clarify that.

Thanks in advance for any help

ReputationRep:
    Offered Cardiff, over the moon.

ReputationRep:
    Hope you don't mind me asking - did you attend assessment centre or were you on reserve list? That was to superunknown17

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Welshgirl2)
    Hope you don't mind me asking - did you attend assessment centre or were you on reserve list? That was to superunknown17
    No, didn't attend an AC, got to stage 2, passed it but wasn't good enough to get to the AC so I assume I was put on a reserve list.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superunknown17)
    No, didn't attend an AC, got to stage 2, passed it but wasn't good enough to get to the AC so I assume I was put on a reserve list.
    Thanks for posting back. Same situation for me so there is hope. The waiting is excrutiating! I pray i get offered. Was Cardiff your first choice and when did you find out? Is it a formal offer subject to references and is there a start date? Very well done by the way. Congratulations!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for posting back. Same situation for me so there is hope. The waiting is excrutiating! I pray i get offered. Was Cardiff your first choice and when did you find out? Is it a formal offer subject to references and is there a start date? Very well done by the way. Congratulations!!!!!!!
    No problem, I hope you hear back soon!

Erm I believe it was my second choice, Manchester was my first. Literally found out about 2 hours ago.

From what I gather, subject to pre employment checks I'll be offered a start date which could be anytime in the following year depending on a merit order which is how well you did on the tests.

Thanks very much, good luck to you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superunknown17)
    No problem, I hope you hear back soon!

Erm I believe it was my second choice, Manchester was my first. Literally found out about 2 hours ago.

From what I gather, subject to pre employment checks I'll be offered a start date which could be anytime in the following year depending on a merit order which is how well you did on the tests.

Thanks very much, good luck to you!
    That's very good news; although a quick start date would be good but there's been nothing quick about this process! Perhaps our paths will cross. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Strangely after receiving the mail earlier in the year asking if I'd consider Bristol, Cardiff, Leeds or London I've just received a provisional offer for my first choice of Nottingham. What I'm not too sure about is how they can offer roles like this without the need for a firm interview, would that happen at the Administration Centre you go to to provide all the documents for checking? Because all I've had so far was the initial online aptitude tests up to the stage before the Assessment Centres they did earlier in the year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cjm123)
    Strangely after receiving the mail earlier in the year asking if I'd consider Bristol, Cardiff, Leeds or London I've just received a provisional offer for my first choice of Nottingham. What I'm not too sure about is how they can offer roles like this without the need for a firm interview, would that happen at the Administration Centre you go to to provide all the documents for checking? Because all I've had so far was the initial online aptitude tests up to the stage before the Assessment Centres they did earlier in the year.
    I got that same mail in May. Belfast wasn't available and asked if I would be willing to take up a post in either of the four cities you mention. I attended interview in Belfast in November though. I am completely baffled by all this to be honest. It's taken over my life for dear sake. :-(

ReputationRep:
    You must have scored very well in tests for AC. I thought they would be looking at HO jobs for people that went to AC. Baffling is the word...

ReputationRep:
    You must have scored very well in tests for AC. I thought they would be looking at HO jobs for people that went to AC. Baffling is the word...
    5, 5, 5 I scored in the interview. The whole thing has been some experience...whatever the outcome! Not really sure if I can handle much more of it! Was so close to just withdrawing the whole application at the end of last week to be honest. And the idea is still in my mind! :-(

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else not heard back for Officer roles? My top three choices were Liverpool, Manchester and Leeds but not sure if my email got through to them as didn't receive any confirmation!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unconventionalmoose)
    Has anyone else not heard back for Officer roles? My top three choices were Liverpool, Manchester and Leeds but not sure if my email got through to them as didn't receive any confirmation!
    Hi, I haven't heard anything yet either. My only choice was Belfast. I was on the waiting list to go to AC but unfortunately never got called up. Hopefully we find out soon either way!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.