Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adelemyqueen)
    English literature Don't worry, I guess it depends on the department!
    Ah congratulations! I'm at Cardiff doing English Literature at the moment. Best of luck with your exams -- I hope you get in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pâquerette03)
    Ah congratulations! I'm at Cardiff doing English Literature at the moment. Best of luck with your exams -- I hope you get in!
    Thank you I hope so too What are you applying for then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slothonist)
    I applied for Geography and heard back from Glasgow the next day, Aberdeen after a week, and Dundee after two weeks
    Edinburgh and St Andrews take aaaggggeees, I've still not heard back from them
    Aww why are they being so slow for me? where are you hoping to go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pâquerette03)
    Hey, do you mind me asking what course you applied for?

I applied to Cardiff December 1st and haven't heard anything yet! x
    Hi, has Anybody got offers for Eco from UCL??

ReputationRep:
    Got an unconditional offer from Gloucestershire today, I applied on the 13th of Jan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holllyberry)
    Aww why are they being so slow for me? where are you hoping to go?
    I think it depends on the department. Each department has a different way of dealing with applications
    I'm hoping to go to Edinburgh, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adelemyqueen)
    Thank you I hope so too What are you applying for then?
    Midwifery! But I don't think anyone applying to Cardiff for this course has heard back yet soooo i'm not too worried atm.

ReputationRep:
    Just got a conditional for Brighton! Sent my application off 9th Dec. So happy

ReputationRep:
    so many people doing computer science haha, any chemical engineers? looking to transfer to newcastle, edinburgh, heriot watt, strathclyde or leeds

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield gave me an offer today (sent off my application on 26 December)

ReputationRep:
    I got my offer for Lincoln within hours of them receiving my application, still waiting on Anglia Ruskin, Leicester, Exeter and Bangor, I'm hoping that the fact my application got officially sent off the day before the UCAS deadline doesn't affect anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by radiohead97)
    When did you apply and for what course?
    I applied on 10th October for biochem! What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slothonist)
    I think it depends on the department. Each department has a different way of dealing with applications
    I'm hoping to go to Edinburgh, what about you?
    Anywhere : D Aberdeen is my last choice because Ive lived there my whole life and hope to go somewhere new and different. Ideally Edinburgh or Glasgow, but I would happily go to Dundee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicoley-oley)
    I got my offer for Lincoln within hours of them receiving my application, still waiting on Anglia Ruskin, Leicester, Exeter and Bangor, I'm hoping that the fact my application got officially sent off the day before the UCAS deadline doesn't affect anything
    It doesn't matter if you sent it off four months before the deadline.

Sending it before 6PM on January 15th is all that matters, and you sent it before then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m_james)
    It doesn't matter if you sent it off four months before the deadline.

Sending it before 6PM on January 15th is all that matters, and you sent it before then.

That's reassuring, thank you I've heard people saying that places start to fill up way back in October when people start to send off their applications, I'm glad that's not the case

ReputationRep:
    That's reassuring, thank you I've heard people saying that places start to fill up way back in October when people start to send off their applications, I'm glad that's not the case
    If that's true then I have no hope... I sent mine off at 4pm on the day of the deadline...

Anybody had offers from SOAS or Brunel?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Ljmm1967)
    My son has his offers from Stafford and Plymouth.
    Hi there - I've just seen this post. Congratulations on your son's offers. I'm the official rep for Staffordshire uni on TSR so if you've got any questions about anything, feel free to get in touch
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Everyone who applies before the January deadline is given equal consideration, so there's nothing to worry about Fingers crossed for you and good luck :crossedf:

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for music at Huddersfield, Sheffield, Bath Spa and Canterbury Christchurch, and for Music and Theatre at Hull.
    I sent my application on January 10th, received a conditional from Huddersfield on the 11th, interview/audition invite from Hull on the 16th and a conditional offer from Sheffield on the 19th (which I was really shocked about - I'm a grade off of the entry requirements!). I've also had acknowledgements from the other 2.
    I hope this helps some people?
    Also, any tips on interviews? :P

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for accounting at :

Coventry,
    Liverpool,
    Aston.

I've applied for international business to:

Aston,
    Strathclyde.

They got my choices on 6th Jan 2016.

How long do these universities take?

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.