Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by memoryfish)
    Have Your checks been completed too ?
    Yeah my checks were completed last Tuesday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THEJACKLE)
    Does HMRC HR take notice of gaps in employment declared on the DBS checks?
    From what I made from the CSR lady I was speaking to on the phone, red flags for them would be " working at Employer A from say June 2014 - July2015 then Employer B July 2016-present ... July 2015-July 2016 is unaccounted for and they would need to know what you were doing in that time. If you have all the time accounted for in the last 3 years in some way from what you have wrote down then from what she said on the phone that suffices them ... I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TraineeAcc)
    Not HMRCs responsibility that an outsourced company failed, now they're taking on the employees. Disgraceful tbh and I feel bad for the people at concentrix who weren't trained and were mismanaged but some big wig somewhere will be getting an SO salary on the transition period. Truly awful. Shows the commitment to good customer service - yeah right!
    Just had a proper look at this situation and it's a disaster for HMRC! While HMRC shouldn't be responsible for their failings, legally they have to take on the staff as permanent employees! The contract with Concentrix should never have been signed by HMRC and given their size and resources I'm surprised their legal team didn't provide better advice on this. Shocking!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HammerThyme)
    Just had a proper look at this situation and it's a disaster for HMRC! While HMRC shouldn't be responsible for their failings, legally they have to take on the staff as permanent employees! The contract with Concentrix should never have been signed by HMRC and given their size and resources I'm surprised their legal team didn't provide better advice on this. Shocking!
    I'm not sure why. If their contracts said they were working for Concentrix and not HMRC then I don't see why it couldn't be challenged in court. Having said that, if it saves HMRC another ludicrous recruitment campaign for this purpose then it makes sense. It's largely a different role from most of the roles on this forum anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sac14)
    Yeah my checks were completed last Tuesday
    That's a similar time to when mine were completed, maybe they haven't got to us in the list.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamz115)
    I'm not sure why. If their contracts said they were working for Concentrix and not HMRC then I don't see why it couldn't be challenged in court. Having said that, if it saves HMRC another ludicrous recruitment campaign for this purpose then it makes sense. It's largely a different role from most of the roles on this forum anyway
    Yeah, that's what I first thought myself however as Concentrix had employed the staff for HMRC, when HMRC terminated the contract it was HMRC's legal responsibilty to take over the staff contracts... basically it's all to do with the initial contract not being set up correctly to protect HMRC.

Unfortunately I also think the recruitment campaign had already been done to cover the work that would have been outsourced here - and has now been put on hold.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone please give me the number to contact them? I Received a miss call but as usual no voicemail left lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waki7866)
    Can anyone please give me the number to contact them? I Received a miss call but as usual no voicemail left lol
    03000557758 - This is the number they called me on regarding notice period.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waki7866)
    What's was the number? I have a missed call but think it might be a sales call

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sac14)
    What's was the number? I have a missed call but think it might be a sales call
    Google the number, it'll tell you where it's from

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keeleyvic)
    Google the number, it'll tell you where it's from
    I did but there were no results 01204 035225

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sac14)
    I did but there were no results 01204 035225
    Telesales in Bolton unfortunately!
    I keep getting unknown numbers ringing and obviously answer thinking it could be hmrc...
    Wishful thinking!

ReputationRep:
    Have u contacted hmrc lately??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This was from another HMRC thread:

'Starting date will be 5th December for most people. I needed to harass them on the phone to get my formal offer. If you are not currently working, make sure they know that you are available for an immediate start.Good luck to everyone who are still waiting!'

This was from someone who has a formal offer for the O band role in London.

Page 141 on this thread:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...86135&page=141

ReputationRep:
    anyone have any updates on the 042r campaign?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daj19)
    This was from another HMRC thread:

'Starting date will be 5th December for most people. I needed to harass them on the phone to get my formal offer. If you are not currently working, make sure they know that you are available for an immediate start.Good luck to everyone who are still waiting!'

This was from someone who has a formal offer for the O band role in London.

Page 141 on this thread:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...86135&page=141
    Hey Daj have u been given a start date yet? I remember we took out documents to Euston Tower around the same date.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Congly)
    Hey Daj have u been given a start date yet? I remember we took out documents to Euston Tower around the same date.
    Nope I haven't yet but I'm guessing we will hear back by this week hopefully! Did you tell them you could start immediately or did you need a notice period?

ReputationRep:
    News I heard today. Internal issues that I won't go into detail about, but there's no guarantee people with provisional offers will be receiving job offers at the moment.

We have a handful of people starting in November. Non scheduled in December yet.
    Disclaimer: I don't get the whole story. Just little bits. Take with a pinch of salt.

ReputationRep:
    Which location is this???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zyro)
    News I heard today. Internal issues that I won't go into detail about, but there's no guarantee people with provisional offers will be receiving job offers at the moment.

We have a handful of people starting in November. Non scheduled in December yet.
    Disclaimer: I don't get the whole story. Just little bits. Take with a pinch of salt.
    Ive heard a similar thing... Apparently theres a back log... but theyre still sending out invites to interviews for the external campaign.. wheres the sense in that? Although, they do seem to prefer external candidates.. So Ive probably just answered my own question there.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.