Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    lactic acid would be in liquid form at rtp right? so wouldn't it just sweat it over the body???????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anndz3007)
    Attachment 550013
    this is what i did, it matched to formula so i think it's right
    i did that also^ but in skeletal

ReputationRep:
    help, i got compound F wrong, will i get ecf and max one mark deduction????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cr7alwayz)
    For the difference between chemical synthesis and fermentation of sugars I think I wrote that fermentation of sugars uses renewable resources or something like that.
    Pretty sure they wanted you to talk about he difference between the actual product formed from the two different methods:

Fermentation leads to the formation of on one enantiomer due to the fact that enzymes are chrial.
    The synthesis would lead to a racemic mixture with 2 different enantiomers,
    You could also say that the fermentaion product can rotate plane-polarised light... I hope, because that's what i put as well :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qweening)
    using exact numbers isn't the % yield 2.67 not 2.66!!!???! To 3sf

i used exact numbers and got 2.656 which to 3sf is just 2.66

(Original post by Spwoosh)
    Yes, the 2 methyl groups would give 1 peak but the CH2 next to the CH(0h) and the CH3 on the other side will both ALSO give only 1 peak since they are both right next to the carbon with the oxygen. That just leaves the CH(oh) by itself which would make the third and final peak. Sat down with about 10 of my mates after this exam to talk it through and we all decided the straight chain was the only possible answer.
    I thought that they needed to be in identical environments for a peak and as far as I'm concerned, a CH2 group and CH3 can never be in exact environments sooo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JennyMoorcroft)
    My friend wrote his structures in pencil, will the pencil pick up for marking?
    Yes i got a copy of my f322 back and i had drawn in pencil and you could see it on the scanned image, i also did all mine in pencil so i really hope so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sfarquhar0)
    I found 2015 very decent. This was horrible for me :c
    Had to cry my pain out. Bye bye to an A
    I personally don't think the grade boundaries will be much higher. OCR's new tactic is to put seemingly easy questions, but there are loads of places where you can lose a mark from being a tiny bit careless. Loads of people walked out confident but when they started talking about it, they all realised they lost quite a few marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicoleemmak)
    Yes i got a copy of my f322 back and i had drawn in pencil and you could see it on the scanned image, i also did all mine in pencil so i really hope so
    It says in the front cover of the booklet that HB pencil may be used for diagrams, so it must be detectable

ReputationRep:
    Attachment 550013
    Same, should be correct hopefully

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joe35678)
    how many peaks did the carbon nmr have, during the exam i didn't look at the question properly and said only 3 peaks so i said compound F was ch3ch2ch(oh)ch2ch3, how many marks would i lose out of 7.
    I made the same mistake. If you got the carboxylic acid one correct and the correct ecf for the ester maybe minimum would be 2/7. I'd doubt more than 3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ula456)
    I thought one of the H's was adjecent to a carbon with no H's so producing a singlet.
    Nope, it was adjacent to a CH3 group and a CH2 group. according to the N + 1 rule that would generate a sextet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by garlicbread23)
    help, i got compound F wrong, will i get ecf and max one mark deduction????
    I hope so. In other past papers they gave error carried forward. Seems unfair if you don't get ECR considering the other 2 structures are based on F...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattyk5)
    I put Nylon and use in fabric, not sure though
    I know it was Nylon but I couldn't think of a use so I panicked and put e.g. Kevlar and said it's used to make crash helmets. I didn't know if it was Nylon specifically or polyamides in general

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for the proton splitting table? Definitely got the peak area column right
    Do you think they'll award marks for each correct column or for rows?

ReputationRep:
    Who got what for the splitting patterns and the % yield one?

ReputationRep:
    Where's the unofficial markscheme at???

ReputationRep:
    Attachment 550013
    Completely forgot about this question, but i'm pretty sure that's what i got
    hopefully we're right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fghj1)
    Can the structure be CH3CH(CH3)CH(OH)CH3
    Can someone help please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adetutu)
    I know it was Nylon but I couldn't think of a use so I panicked and put e.g. Kevlar and said it's used to make crash helmets. I didn't know if it was Nylon specifically or polyamides in general
    Kevlar contains benzene ring, its benzene-1,4-diamine + benzene-1,4-dioic acid

ReputationRep:
    Attachment 550013
    Exact same thing I got but I did it in skeletal formula.... Ffs I'm actually really scared I won't get the mark for it now because I also ****ed up elsewhere in the exam and I can't afford any more **** ups. Not even a mark because these boundaries are going to be the highest ever IMO

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.