Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    I hope this is the end of his political life.
    As do I.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    None of this is inconsistent with the two valid abbreviations it could be. It says 'see less', but does not say of what. I agree that 'See less suggestions' would be wrong.
    What is implicitly the noun? I would argue "people" taken from the head of the list and therefore fewer, rather than "the list"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    You mean it wasn't already over?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    You mean it wasn't already over?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well, he was given some role within the / a Labour defense committee. He was ( luckily ) doomed from the start however.

ReputationRep:
    You and me both, though he always seems to find a way back.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by EricAteYou)
    Well, he was given some role within the / a Labour defense committee. He was ( luckily ) doomed from the start however.
    I wouldn't count that is a political career, Corbyn could have put a random guy from a CND rally in that job easy enough
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I wouldn't count that is a political career, Corbyn could have put a random guy from a CND rally in that job easy enough
    Regardless of how substantial you deem it to be, it was still within a relatively influential political party - where he is seemed to be influential in some circles.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Regardless of how substantial you deem it to be, it was still within a relatively influential political party - where he is seemed to be influential in some circles.
    I doubt Labour will have any influence when it comes to the defence industry by the time Corbyn is done with it, that's if there is any left as it is, the only people who will listen are the hardline pacifists and otherwise mentally unhinged people
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I doubt Labour will have any influence when it comes to the defence industry by the time Corbyn is done with it, that's if there is any left as it is, the only people who will listen are the hardline pacifists and otherwise mentally unhinged people
    Most of the PLP and National Exec feel fairly polar to Corbyn. If Corbyn get's his way maybe they be more redundant, but the influence of unions and core voter base do have considerable power, of which most are in line with general public consensus.

Regardless, they would almost always have greater influence than say the Greens , Lib Dems or UKIP. Though the latter is gaining a more solid reputation as other parties seem to fault.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Most of the PLP and National Exec feel fairly polar to Corbyn. If Corbyn get's his way maybe they be more redundant, but the influence of unions and core voter base do have considerable power, of which most are in line with general public consensus.

Regardless, they would almost always have greater influence than say the Greens , Lib Dems or UKIP. Though the latter is gaining a more solid reputation as other parties seem to fault.
    Unions that Corbyn doesn't seem to be too keen on keeping the support of, it isn't tenable to be anti trident and expect strong support from unite

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Unions that Corbyn doesn't seem to be too keen on keeping the support of, it isn't tenable to be anti trident and expect strong support from unite

Posted from TSR Mobile
    True.

The outcome will be depdent on whether Corbyn can win over the PLP and National Exec, something I'm doubtful of.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    True.

The outcome will be depdent on whether Corbyn can win over the PLP and National Exec, something I'm doubtful of.
    Can't win over the plp, can forcibly win over the exec.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Jammy Duel Look, you don't like me and that's fine. At the end of the day, I wasn't *****ing. OK?

Now, let's move on.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'll be away until Monday as I need to prep for a Stats exam that's I'm rather unprepared for. Ah, the joys of an all-nighter in the library

NO, Chancellor's Curse hasn't struck already.

Adam et al will be filling in for me whilst I'm away so the MHoC will continue to have a ST presence.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by The Financier)
    I'll be away until Monday as I need to prep for a Stats exam that's I'm rather unprepared for. Ah, the joys of an all-nighter in the library

Adam et al will be filling in for me whilst I'm away so the MHoC will continue to have a ST presence.
    Note to all, if TF for some reason doesn't make it back, defo wasn't me!

ReputationRep:

So if anything does come up in the next few days, shoot me a PM and I will do my best to help; but I don't intend on getting involved in anything unless major issues!

ReputationRep:

You think.....the curse works in mysterious ways

ReputationRep:
    Just seen this, it's brilliant

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    "SIR*– BHS has gone into administration with*11,000 jobs lost. That is nearly three times the number of jobs under threat at the Port Talbot steelworks.

Should we expect demonstrations and*declarations of support from the Trades Union Congress and the Labour Party? Will there be motions in the Commons and calls for the Government to nationalise the company and bail it out so that the workers can enjoy jobs for life, whether or not anyone wants to buy what they sell? Will civil servants be forced to buy their clothes at BHS?

Or should we conclude that, as far as the Labour movement is concerned, only workers in heavy industry are “real” workers?

Peter Croft
    Cambridge"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    "SIR*– BHS has gone into administration with*11,000 jobs lost. That is nearly three times the number of jobs under threat at the Port Talbot steelworks.

Should we expect demonstrations and*declarations of support from the Trades Union Congress and the Labour Party? Will there be motions in the Commons and calls for the Government to nationalise the company and bail it out so that the workers can enjoy jobs for life, whether or not anyone wants to buy what they sell? Will civil servants be forced to buy their clothes at BHS?

Or should we conclude that, as far as the Labour movement is concerned, only workers in heavy industry are “real” workers?

Peter Croft
    Cambridge"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    BHS isn't a strategic asset.

That's the difference.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.