Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopefulmedic15)
    True, some exams are so mentally exhausting that by the end my hand is so tired and my brain feels like mush so writing a 3 instead of a 2 is entirely possible 😂

I don't know what exam board you do for bio (I do OCR) but gene technology is in the middle of our syllabus so imagine having to do all the gene tech and then having to do ecology and plant and animal behaviour after it....
    oh that sucks for u haha all the ecology and plant stuff was in our first unit which went pretty good for me. but this unit im cramming for has all the complicated mechanisms and then the killer 25 essay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shamk123)
    i didnt even get to finish by biology revision for f215, got like halfway through then gave up on the day cause it was too much, im probably gonna have to cram it all in tomorrow and then do past papers like theres no tomorrow
    oh thats rough man, im doing the same for my aqa unit 5

ReputationRep:
    What past paper did you guys find the most difficult?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GO97)
    oh that sucks for u haha all the ecology and plant stuff was in our first unit which went pretty good for me. but this unit im cramming for has all the complicated mechanisms and then the killer 25 essay
    We haven't got any complicated mechanisms or an essay thankfully but they combat that with them allotting 150ums to this paper alone hence the grade boundaries are super low so you can easily drop 20 marks and still get full ums on the paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boundless_x)
    What past paper did you guys find the most difficult?
    Jan 2013/ June 2012
    Last years paper was nice

ReputationRep:
    im not well informed on the perfect ionic model theory can someone who knows it well bullet point the key ideas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopefulmedic15)
    We haven't got any complicated mechanisms or an essay thankfully but they combat that with them allotting 150ums to this paper alone hence the grade boundaries are super low so you can easily drop 20 marks and still get full ums on the paper
    anything without an essay is a steal in my eyes haha. lets hope we get the grades we need

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GO97)
    im not well informed on the perfect ionic model theory can someone who knows it well bullet point the key ideas
    -Assumes the lattice has only ionic bonding
    -all ions are spherical
    -all point charges

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GO97)
    There is only ionic interaction, electrostatic forces
    The ions are perfect spheres (no charge cloud distortion)

no covalent character

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haj101)
    Jan 2013/ June 2012
    Last years paper was nice
    Yeah last years paper was really good and I'm glad that I'm not the only one that found June 2012 difficult

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmedi)
    There is only ionic interaction, electrostatic forces
    The ions are perfect spheres (no charge cloud distortion)

no covalent character
    thank you, can u expand on this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ejsjwwj)
    -Assumes the lattice has only ionic bonding
    -all ions are spherical
    -all point charges
    what does this mean? sorry if i sound stupid

ReputationRep:
    just did three papers and got A A* A*. hopefully Ill get an A* in my last chem 5 paper.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone I've only managed to complete the past papers from 2015 - Jan 2012... Are there any papers that you found particularly difficult?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GO97)
    I have have no idea myself 😅 but i think its another way of saying theyre spherical

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GO97)
    It assumes ions are perfectly spherical
    Assumes no covalent character
    Real value may be more negative (I think) because of any covalent character present
    (the negative thing check, It may be more positive)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GO97)
    Not sure about chem but in Physics point charge means the entire charge acts froma singlular point (rather than enitre ion) like the centre of mass , rather the centre of charge

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Could someone PLEASE tell me how you know if there will be a further reaction, if given E theta values of electrochemical cells? I'm feverishly trying to look through notes haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vish.handa)
    Not sure about chem but in Physics point charge means the entire charge acts froma singlular point (rather than enitre ion) like the centre of mass , rather the centre of charge
    ah okay i dont do physics lol but that sounds like its assuming that there is no distortion in the charge, similar to what jmedi said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GO97)
    ah okay i dont do physics lol but that sounds like its assuming that there is no distortion in the charge, similar to what jmedi said
    Yeah it means the same thing.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.