Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    would i get 3 marks for the spinner question - i did 300/80 = 3.75
    and then 3.75 times by 16

which = 60

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrPeter)
    This paper was, in my opinion, easier than the corresponding paper last year. Based on this, the Boundary will be higher than 125, but the calculator paper may be more difficult than last years, so it is all speculation. I am expecting a tough(er) Calculator Paper than the Non-Calculator paper. Remember - this is only an opinion and different people will have different ideas.

You should only have one aim and that is to get (or get as close as you can to) 100% in the next paper !!

Good luck
    Thanks, for this paper I think I have got roughly in the 60s maybe 65-67 how much marks do I need in the calculator to get an A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11NSHERIN)
    Thanks, for this paper I think I have got roughly in the 60s maybe 65-67 how much marks do I need in the calculator to get an A*
    It obviously depends on many factors, including what the calculator paper is like and how everyone did nationally. However, I think this paper was of a similar standard of difficulty/ease as the June 2014 paper. So based on that paper, for an A*, over the two papers (so, out of 200), you would need about 164/165. An 'A' would be about 133/134 out of 200. Just my opinion and prediction from comparing to past papers.

Do you know if your school/college would let you resit the exam in November if you don't get the grade you want?

ReputationRep:
    was a disappointing paper for me. Made around 10 marks worth of stupid mistakes e.g misread the scalar for vector and rotated clockwise and missed a whole 3 mark question which i would have scored fully on(gutted). Normally get mid 70s and i think i have got around 62 on this paper. I seem to consistently under perform in maths exams on the day. I need an A so realistically aiming for 80 plus on the next paper. If i do 32 hours of solid maths revision including all the calculator papers and the mistakes which follow do you think i can achieve it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigpaddy27)
    was a disappointing paper for me. Made around 10 marks worth of stupid mistakes e.g misread the scalar for vector and rotated clockwise and missed a whole 3 mark question which i would have scored fully on(gutted). Normally get mid 70s and i think i have got around 62 on this paper. I seem to consistently under perform in maths exams on the day. I need an A so realistically aiming for 80 plus on the next paper. If i do 32 hours of solid maths revision including all the calculator papers and the mistakes which follow do you think i can achieve it?
    Of course you can, but I hope you don't mean 32 hours straight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamza772000)
    Of course you can, but I hope you don't mean 32 hours straight.
    of course not haha. 4 hours for maths each day from tomorrow. A past paper, corrections and revising the topics i struggled on from the morning paper each day. Hope its doable as none of my best topics e.g bearings, volume (hard ones), simultaneous equations etc came up. With a bit of luck and doing that revision method every day from now, hopefully i will pull it off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llama_whisperer)
    **** man! I wrote 75TT because i took away 25 from 100 to get 75, **** **** ****, i didn't even attempt the circle theorem question or the surds question!!!! Oh god why me?!! Will I still get marks for the method even though i wrote 75TT?
    I wrote 75pi over 4. But i showed my working clearly so dod uthink i would still get 2 marks out of 3 for the working out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigpaddy27)
    of course not haha. 4 hours for maths each day from tomorrow. A past paper, corrections and revising the topics i struggled on from the morning paper each day. Hope its doable as none of my best topics e.g bearings, volume (hard ones), simultaneous equations etc came up. With a bit of luck and doing that revision method every day from now, hopefully i will pull it off.
    Personally, I learnt Maths from YouTube, I would watch videos on the topics I didn't understand, such as using the Sine and Cosine rule,simultaneous equations with a quadratic etc and then I would just do a lot of questions from past papers on them, and I would understand the topic,now obviously you won't learn everything in one night but 8 days just to cover the topics you find difficult, given that you can score mid 70s in a paper already, you can easily do it.

ReputationRep:
    For the circle theorem question I assumed the angle given was the alternate angle to the triangle and used that for calculating the other angles and gave correct reasons e.g base angles in isosceles are equal, angles in a triangle, tangents hit radii 90 degrees etc. Can someone please tell me how many marks would I get? Thanks
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oasis61)
    For the circle theorem question I assumed the angle given was the alternate angle to the triangle and used that for calculating the other angles and gave correct reasons e.g base angles in isosceles are equal, angles in a triangle, tangents hit radii 90 degrees etc. Can someone please tell me how many marks would I get? Thanks
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    1/2

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What would I get these marks for? Can't believe I got this wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Would you say that one of the bad things about the sample is that it is a leading question?
    I put it because the word often was in the question and one of the response boxes which may suade people to pick often.

ReputationRep:
    Private message me for any maths help I promise I can get you at least an A for your exam

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For the crisps question I put "How many crisps do you buy each week"? With the answer boxes would I get full marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HaseebLone)
    Has the foundation unofficial markscheme been completed yet??
    No, because someone needs to be able to get a copy of the paper like they could for the higher.

ReputationRep:
    the paper was easy

ReputationRep:
    What about maths Edexcel 2016 higher calculator paper answers...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sawaira.R)
    What about maths Edexcel 2016 higher calculator paper answers...
    Nobody has done the paper yet...

ReputationRep:
    Guys see for question 3c - do you think it is ok to say that he only asked people in that specific age group, so it doesnt give an overall representation of how many crips people buy as a whole?

ReputationRep:
    Think you made a mistake in q2 (b), the rotated shape is one unit too high, the bottom right point should be at (-1, 3).

May have been mentioned before in the 108 pages!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 15, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.