Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I suspect those who have not received emails will find out by the end of next week.

Out of interest, if we have received an email saying you will be considered for offer after January 15th then surely we are just competing amongst other people with emails and those who apply quite late on. However, most people will have already applied to LSE (at least for economics... where the majority of applicants are also Oxbridge applicants) and not many people have got the email (judging from this thread)... so really the competition after January 15th is minimal. Or am I being too optimistic? Of course, this relies on the fact that those people who do not receive emails, receive decisions by the 15th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dramaminedreams)
    I suspect those who have not received emails will find out by the end of next week.

Out of interest, if we have received an email saying you will be considered for offer after January 15th then surely we are just competing amongst other people with emails and those who apply quite late on. However, most people will have already applied to LSE (at least for economics... where the majority of applicants are also Oxbridge applicants) and not many people have got the email (judging from this thread)... so really the competition after January 15th is minimal. Or am I being too optimistic? Of course, this relies on the fact that those people who do not receive emails, receive decisions by the 15th.
    If the previous year is anything to go by, then a good number of Oxbridge applicants who did not get the email from LSE will go on to receive their decisions after Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist1)
    If the previous year is anything to go by, then a good number of Oxbridge applicants who did not get the email from LSE will go on to receive their decisions after Christmas.
    I haven't looked at last year's thread, may as well just relax and wait for LSE. I don't want to go to London now anyway, so I don't know why I am getting stressed.

Bit off topic, but who is your favourite economist?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't looked at last year's thread, may as well just relax and wait for LSE. I don't want to go to London now anyway, so I don't know why I am getting stressed.

all my hope depends on LSE

ReputationRep:

Favourite economist? That is a very difficult question, since there are so many to choose from. If I had to narrow it down, then it would be Mill, von Neumann, Friedman, Arrow or Sen.

ReputationRep:
    Say!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist1)
    Favourite economist? That is a very difficult question, since there are so many to choose from. If I had to narrow it down, then it would be Mill, von Neumann, Friedman, Arrow or Sen.
    I agree with von Neumann, Friedman and Arrow... not so sure about Mill or Sen.

Personally I would choose, John Law, Schelling or Tversky.

ReputationRep:
    Does it hurt if you have not applied yet but will apply before Jan 15th?

I've noticed that a number of people posting on this forum (not sure if this sample sizes represents the broader picture) have either been told to wait until Jan 15th, at which point they are being compared against existing entries and those that come in December (i.e. mine), or they have been rejected (not counting a few acceptances already).

ReputationRep:
    Sen and Von Neumann!:yes:

ReputationRep:
    FINALLY sent! my referee took 3weeks to get down to write the stupid thing...

Quick question, how long does it take to get the ucas welcome letter and the acknowledgements?
    And am i in a really deep **** because i just sent the application (economics)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cactus_c)
    FINALLY sent! my referee took 3weeks to get down to write the stupid thing...

Quick question, how long does it take to get the ucas welcome letter and the acknowledgements?
    And am i in a really deep **** because i just sent the application (economics)?
    Took about a week for me to both get the UCAS welcome letter and the acknowledgement from LSE, so I guess it will be around the same for you.

No, you are not . They do give equal consideration to everyone applying before and at 15 January.

ReputationRep:

That would be nice if that was the case, but I'm not applying for economics (history and international relations) so I think its a wild guess at best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike_P)
    Took about a week for me to both get the UCAS welcome letter and the acknowledgement from LSE, so I guess it will be around the same for you.

No, you are not . They do give equal consideration to everyone applying before and at 15 January.
    Theoretically :P

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Just a recap, I reckon the e-mail that people got today is basically a shortlist e-mail, which means they might want to give you an offer, but want to wait until all the applicants are in. It also means though, that you're not the best of the bunch, i.e. they're not going to make you an offer before then in the first set of offers.

ReputationRep:
    HELP
    i sent my application for IR on the 23rd
    then...

Fri 10/24/08 1:58 PM
    subject: LSE has received your application!‏
    body: Thank you for your application to study BSc in International Relations at the LSE. (etc.)

then, this came....

Mon 10/27/08 9:13 AM
    subject: email to acknowledge receipt of application‏
    body: (EMPTY)

what does this mean!?!?
    left me in a real confusion... have i been shortlisted or not? or was that not even the email subject for the shortlisters?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danyal1990)
    HELP
    i sent my application for IR on the 23rd
    then...

Fri 10/24/08 1:58 PM
    subject: LSE has received your application!‏
    body: Thank you for your application to study BSc in International Relations at the LSE. (etc.)

then, this came....

Mon 10/27/08 9:13 AM
    subject: email to acknowledge receipt of application‏
    body: (EMPTY)

what does this mean!?!?
    left me in a real confusion... have i been shortlisted or not? or was that not even the email subject for the shortlisters?
    You haven't been shortlisted. That was just a ****-up on their behalf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Mariachi)
    You haven't been shortlisted. That was just a ****-up on their behalf.
    So according to TSR speculation, is that a pending rejection?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danyal1990)
    So according to TSR speculation, is that a pending rejection?
    This TSR speculation has risen from my suggestion that if you're an early applicant (as in before 15th Oct), and you haven't got a shortlist e-mail, you should expect a decision this side of christmas.

It makes sense to me, but, in theory, they could still shortlist you.

Also, it's just what I suggested, so by no means is it concrete, which some people are making it out to be, which is really annoying.

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for History at LSE (which is now where i'm really hoping to go since Oxford rejected my ass) and I haven't received any short list e-mail or anything so needless to say I am bricking it. No-one has stated that they've received a short list e-mail for straight History yet though, have they? Come on guys I need encouragement here.. lol

ReputationRep:
    oh and I applied on the 14th Oct

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 24, 2009
Poll
Are you chained to your phone?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.