Leeds and Reading Festivals 2009 Watch

Melting Sugar.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by cabbaman98)
Lol it wasn't just Yellow that had it last year. So keep an eye out!
Yeah I am genuinely slightly worried that all my stuff is going to be burnt by some crazy random people ****** up on crap but hmm
cabbaman98
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Melting Sugar.)
Yeah I am genuinely slightly worried that all my stuff is going to be burnt by some crazy random people ****** up on crap but hmm
Honestly don't be worried. I was in the middle of Yellow last year and personally saw nothing except people beating up the toilets. And that was all generally quite drunken-good humoured stuff anyway.
Last year was the worst it's ever been, and was way over the line of acceptable. So this year I'm hoping people may kinda... have learnt their lesson.
PJ991
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yellow is the ultimate campsite. Just take anything valuable on sunday night, pack it up, and leave it at the doorway. If someone does set the tent alight, just take your bag out quickly.

There's no need to sleep on sunday, so you're fine about sleeping bags :p:

No gas canisters should mean fewer big fires to burn other people's stuff on as well. People might actually go to the official bonfires.
rainbow drops
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
There seems to be a bit of a Reading bias in the thread, I'm curious as to where people going to Leeds are camping? I was in Yellow Bubble last year but I think I'm going for White this year, as I know lots of other people that are camping there.

just as a bump to what I said before because my post got bottom paged: I have three early entry tickets for Leeds and I won't rip anyone off if anyone needs one.
cabbaman98
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by rainbow drops)
There seems to be a bit of a Reading bias in the thread, I'm curious as to where people going to Leeds are camping? I was in Yellow Bubble last year but I think I'm going for White this year, as I know lots of other people that are camping there.
For white? That's a bit of a change from Yellow isn't it? If it's the same as at Reading then that's the family area, and therefore... lights out at midnight.
rainbow drops
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No, at Leeds the family area is brown.
PJ991
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

just as a bump to what I said before because my post got bottom paged: I have three early entry tickets for Leeds and I won't rip anyone off if anyone needs one.
I'll be at Leeds. I was talking about yellow in my earlier post. I'll be there again this year.

Also, the early entries. How much are you selling them for? I have a couple of friends who had their orders cancelled. They might be interested.
cabbaman98
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No, at Leeds the family area is brown.
Oh well now I feel stupid.
rainbow drops
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'll let you know as soon as I can, which will be when I've done more research into how much they're going for elsewhere on the net :yep: I haven't fully decided whether to contact people and sell them or just whack them up on ebay yet... It might just be the latter unfortunately, I need to get rid of them because it was me that paid for all 3, and I'm busy/going away from home in the run up to Leeds so I need to get them sold ASAP otherwise I'll lose money. I'm so skint at the moment as it is.

Oooooh I am excited. Bit gutted that I can't go early bird any more, but I'm sure I'll find somewhere decent to camp.
PJ991
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'll let you know as soon as I can, which will be when I've done more research into how much they're going for elsewhere on the net :yep: I haven't fully decided whether to contact people and sell them or just whack them up on ebay yet... It might just be the latter unfortunately, I need to get rid of them because it was me that paid for all 3, and I'm busy/going away from home in the run up to Leeds so I need to get them sold ASAP otherwise I'll lose money. I'm so skint at the moment as it is.

Oooooh I am excited. Bit gutted that I can't go early bird any more, but I'm sure I'll find somewhere decent to camp.
The campsite opens at 3am on Thursday this year, so if you're prepared to come in the morning, you shouldn't have any problems.

I think early birds are going for between £25 and £35 on ebay.
sarahmx
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Melting Sugar.)
The safe place is my Mum.

:sigh:

I'm clearly not responsible enough to be going to a festival.

She doesn't trust me to keep it safe till I go. :sad:
Haha, my friend ordered mine. Her mum almost tore up the tickets mistaking them for junk mail! I think i may have killed her hahaha.
Flo[ProActiv]
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Which camping area would people advise for first time Reading-goers?
Olibert
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Flo[ProActiv])
Which camping area would people advise for first time Reading-goers?
Green, purple or orange.
Sharpy09
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Olibert)
Yeah, for me Deadmau5 beats Radiohead to go and see. Unfortunately Chase and Status is only a DJ set and it clashes with Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Vampire Weekend and Bloc Party so main stage it is.
That is devestating. i love Bloc Party!!! RAWR... i saw Block Party in Wolverhampton and they were really goodd so may go see them again... glad to see theres someone else who loves the Mouse
Melting Sugar.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by sarahmx)
Haha, my friend ordered mine. Her mum almost tore up the tickets mistaking them for junk mail! I think i may have killed her hahaha.
Uh oh, well mine was threatening to tear them up if she decided I didn't deserve to go - which is why I'd hid them. Only then I couldn't find them so.. :o:

But yeah, probably just best to leave them with her then if they go missing I can blame someone else!
cattt
Report 9 years ago
Ticketline Buyers: tickets have not been dispatched as of yet.

http://www.ticketline.co.uk/ticket-despatch-tickets
magicbuspass
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
That is wierd, the Reading Tickets say it had been dispatched, when it hasn't?
cattt
Report 9 years ago
I think that's for the Friday day tickets because it says for 28/08/09
blinkbelle
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I went to my first Leeds fest aged 12, and thought I was going to have to miss it for the first time since then (I've had surgery and didn't want to buy tickets when they came out because wasn't sure I'd be mobile in time for it).... but I'M GOING!! (albeit on crutches)

Yay! Just bagged some tickets at face value and I'm very happy

Bring on Fest no.9!!!!!!!!! xx
emmalou098
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by cattt)
Ticketline Buyers: tickets have not been dispatched as of yet.

http://www.ticketline.co.uk/ticket-despatch-tickets

I got my Reading Weekend tickets last week
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1408)
79.64%
Leave (360)
20.36%

Watched Threads