Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    yep it was just that I wasn't used to the game. 2nd game, played as Bears this time.

24-7 (21-0 at HT)

Tackling looks very good, Rodgers made some brilliant runs last game which was nice to see.

ReputationRep:
    ahhh ****!!

just had a quality game with the Packers. 23-10 down. Score a TD with 30 seconds left on the clock. 23-17. Onside kick works. But I'm 45 yards out with roughly 15 seconds left. Go for the hail mary. Pass is hanging in the air at about the 10, receiver jumps up to catch it and.... BAM interception. I lose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hedgeman49)
    I picked up Jahvid in the 5th round of my fantasy league as my #2 back as a result of this injury, haha.
    We need to learn how to block first-remember its the same O-line as last year which didn't give Best much room to work...

ReputationRep:
    i'm on all pro and i'm yet to win. rodgers is kicking the **** out of me on the ground and in the air

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgegabriel)
    i'm on all pro and i'm yet to win. rodgers is kicking the **** out of me on the ground and in the air
    I've only won 1 out of 4 with the Packers on all pro They have all been close games though.

I might turn interceptions down on the sliders. I've been throwing 2-3 a game at the moment. They have all been in pressure moments though. 1 TD down in the 4th quarter. 3rd down and I see 3 Bears D-linemen running at me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgegabriel)
    Need to keep a QB spy in against Rodgers on Madden! You will get constantly gashed otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    I'm definitely going to need to tweak sliders for myself when this comes out. I can't seem to make any passes on All-Pro. I'm ending up with pass completion of 20-30% with the Packers. But on Pro my defence are just animals even though my offence seems about right.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/stor...headline_stack
    Gotta love him

ReputationRep:
    That'd be awesome. Even if he is a nutjob.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fudgesundae)
    I'm definitely going to need to tweak sliders for myself when this comes out. I can't seem to make any passes on All-Pro. I'm ending up with pass completion of 20-30% with the Packers. But on Pro my defence are just animals even though my offence seems about right.
    are you making sure to run it as well as pass the ball? just that when you make the jump to all pro some people that only ever pass it sometimes struggle as the computer gets smart and starts focusing more on defending the pass, so you have to run like in the real game to keep them honest - it may be me but all madden annoys me in this way as it even gets wise to the formation, i hate running out of the shot gun but if i dont i cant do some of my favourite passing plays without the computer recognising im about to throw it :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greg1989)
    are you making sure to run it as well as pass the ball? just that when you make the jump to all pro some people that only ever pass it sometimes struggle as the computer gets smart and starts focusing more on defending the pass, so you have to run like in the real game to keep them honest - it may be me but all madden annoys me in this way as it even gets wise to the formation, i hate running out of the shot gun but if i dont i cant do some of my favourite passing plays without the computer recognising im about to throw it :/
    I actually run it a lot lol, probably at least 50% of plays are run plays (unless they just simply aren't working in that match, then i'll only run every so often). However I did find the solution, I turned game speed down to slow and put the speed threshold at 35. This just gives you a little more time in the pocket before defenders come flying at you. I think that Normal game speed on Madden 12 is a lot quicker than Normal on Madden 11 (and I used to play slow on Madden 11).

But yeh turning that down helped. Pass completion with Rodgers is about 60-75% where it should be. I think I may need to tweak my O-line's blocking stats though as I am currently struggling to gain more than 2-3 yards on runs with the speed turned down.

ReputationRep:
    The first slate of pre-season games begins tonight ladies and gentlemen. We have:

Jacksonville Jaguars at New England Patriots
    Baltimore Ravens at Philadelphia Eagles
    Seattle Seahawks at San Diego Chargers
    Denver Broncos at Dallas Cowboys
    Arizona Cardinals at Oakland Raiders

Football is finally here! Even if it is only pre-season. Can't wait to see how my Ravens do against the new look Eagles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baltimoron)
    The first slate of pre-season games begins tonight ladies and gentlemen. We have:

Jacksonville Jaguars at New England Patriots
    Baltimore Ravens at Philadelphia Eagles
    Seattle Seahawks at San Diego Chargers
    Denver Broncos at Dallas Cowboys
    Arizona Cardinals at Oakland Raiders

Football is finally here! Even if it is only pre-season. Can't wait to see how my Ravens do against the new look Eagles.
    I've been waiting for this moment for a long time

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    NFL countdown starts in an hour on ESPN! AHHHHHHHHHH

:woo:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx4j8OhBt8E
    Let's do it Ravens!!!!!!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Watching Eagles - Ravens atm, Not sure If I want to switch and watch Seahawks - Chargers at kick off! D:

ReputationRep:
    Patriots fumble the ball twice in the first 5 offensive plays. Great start guys!

ReputationRep:
    But then they still get a touchdown and take the lead anyway. :P

ReputationRep:
    DETROIT - CINCCI TONIGHT....

SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHH!

If preseason is anything like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lulO_Uw58Sw

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.