The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by smile:D
I'm sure it will turn out fine :smile: I was sure I had got a B in chemistry but came out with a high A in the end (it was my worst subject :tongue:) so I wouldn't worry about what you think you've done badly in :smile:

ahhh yeah I know :smile: in year 10 I did a bio exam in January and just got a C somehow???? (think I sneezed and they reported me :wink: ) ... in june I didn't revise too much and thought I had just got a B but I got full UMS :biggrin: ... and my last lit exam I thought I would just scrape an A and I got full UMS then too :biggrin:

maybe I'm just lucky :lol:
Reply 2161
Original post by techno836
the exam board will ask for like a sample of 10 to check the teachers marking .. if its too extreme they ask for all the CAs and mark them themselves if its okay they accept the teachers marks and will then take them marks and convert them to UMS for your results slip :smile:

What do you mean if it's too extreme? Oooh, sometimes do they just accept the teachers marks without moderation? :eek: Do you know what sample size they'd want from a controlled assessment of about 10 pages and 23ish by the way? :smile: sorry for the questions!
Original post by Illusionary
GCSE results day - Thursday 22 August 2013

Good luck to everyone as we approach the publication of GCSE results. This thread is here for you to discuss your thoughts about results with others in a similar position. Feel free to chat about any of your feelings, concerns or hopes with other members here

If you'd like to share your predictions for your results, as well as the actual grades that you achieve on the day, you can use the dedicated "Post your results" thread. Upon publication, the Grade boundaries thread will be used to share the details made available by exam boards. For anyone disappointed with their results, we have a thread with advice for those who haven't done as well as they hoped to help you to decide what to do next.

You stole my OP position in both threads :notimpressed:
Original post by Olympiad
You stole my OP position in both threads :notimpressed:

It's just an OP, I'm sure you'll get over it :tongue:

The results day threads took us a while to develop before we moved them to the main forums. The reason we did it was because it keeps the thread url's the same, so it makes it easier for the TSR team to coordinate results day stuff. :smile:
HA, you all have to wait even longer for your results. I get mine in 6 days :smug:
Original post by elixirs
Hey, it looks you're confident that you're going to do well and there is nothing wrong with that. However, it comes across as bragging... which is a little insensitive to those not so confident (not hating by any means but stating what I think)
Also, I hope this doesn't sound bitchy, but OCR Nationals are not equalivent to GCSE A*or A:biggrin:

They are officially, qualification discrimination should be illegal.
Original post by tess_rach
I thought that I'd put out there that I am in the 20% that doesn't want to do medicine! I'm an aspiring MFL teacher :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

HIGH FIVE! Which languages? I'm going for German, French and Spanish but maybe something less taught too like Russian :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Woah! You can get your results online? Pretty sure my school doesn't do that kind of thing :frown: (I'm the kind of person that, if it rained concert tickets I wouldn't go outside, I'd just stick a net out the window) - Plus I want to avoid all the "What did you get so I can show you my better results" conversations from people I've never even spoken to :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hope for the best; expect the worst

I don't know why but me and a few friends are going to Reading this year, so looks like I'll be celebrating no matter how badly I do on results day!
Anyone else?
Original post by CarpeFilia
HIGH FIVE! Which languages? I'm going for German, French and Spanish but maybe something less taught too like Russian :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing French and Spanish A-levels and German after school and Italian on the side :-) You should come over to the Multilingual and Polyglot Wannabe Thread - I can't link to it but just search that :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2170
Original post by xxxKINGxxx
My motivation for pre-studying for a levels is dependant on my results.

Mine too! :smile:
Reply 2171
Original post by Dalek1099
They are officially, qualification discrimination should be illegal.

No-one has said that they're not. YOU'RE the one who was bragging so I just got some facts straight.
Am I right or am I wrong?:smile:
Reply 2172
haha I had a lot of spare time last summer :lol:

saying that I have a lot of spare time this summer :frown:

Ahh, us two alike then:tongue:
thanks :smile: ive finished bronze and i'll be starting silver in September (when my teacher signs my stuff of :angry: stupid holidays ) after school this time though :smile:

I was going to do gold at university but im unsure yet. If you get gold you're guaranteed interview in any application apparently :smile:

Is that actually true that if you do Gold you're guaranteed an interview? Because I completed Bronze in year 9 and silver in year 10 and Im still deciding whether to do Gold in Year 12 or not? But will a Gold Duke of Edinburgh boost my application if I were to apply to Medicine? Thanks :biggrin:
Reply 2174
Original post by pinkgorilla
Is that actually true that if you do Gold you're guaranteed an interview? Because I completed Bronze in year 9 and silver in year 10 and Im still deciding whether to do Gold in Year 12 or not? But will a Gold Duke of Edinburgh boost my application if I were to apply to Medicine? Thanks :biggrin:

Some uni's look for a good lot of extra-curricular activities so it may help quite a bit. To be honest, it's something that you'll be able to talk about in interviews, etc... for application. Focus on getting work experience as well- and obviously the best grades! :smile:
Original post by Huffleclaw2416
I feel special as i'm not in the 80% i'm one of the other 20% that want to do engineering or education etc :biggrin:

I'm not in it either:3 I'm special too;3 I wanna do a A-levels in photography,media,sociology and psychology.
I either want to be something in media or a socail worker:3-undecided thats why I took half for each so my options aren't limited:smile:x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2176
It's weird, so many people keep saying a lot want to do medicine, but about 4 people from my school do, the other 100 are doing other things!
I'm still not nervous yet... More worried about A Levels.

I've been feeling optimistic, and it feels as if I'm just setting myself up for disappointment :redface:
Reply 2178
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I'm still not nervous yet... More worried about A Levels.

I've been feeling optimistic, and it feels as if I'm just setting myself up for disappointment :redface:

Yeah the next 2 years aren't going to be easy to put it that way, I'm not looking forwards to the workload!

I just want to get into sixth form, anything above that and I'll be happy with them :biggrin:
Original post by Tibbz2
Yeah the next 2 years aren't going to be easy to put it that way, I'm not looking forwards to the workload!

I just want to get into sixth form, anything above that and I'll be happy with them :biggrin:

Oh, I don't mean A Levels, I mean my A Level results next week:cry2:

Hmmm... I can't honestly say I'll be happy unless I get dix A*s :frown:

Latest