Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey,

i submitted my application this week (after waiting for what felt like ages for my references to respond) but I have just realised I made an error in the exam board section. I did a national diploma on top of an english a level, and I put the wrong exam board for the diploma. I also guessed most of the exam boards for my GCSE's because all my certificates were lost when I moved house a few years ago, and I didn't want to wait until I was able to get new ones before applying as that would have been leaving it late.
    I've emailed the course providers to mention that I made a mistake on my diploma exam board.
    Do you think this will be much of a problem? Or if I guessed some of the exam boards for my GCSEs wrong, do you think it will matter? Just stressing out a bit!
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alabelle)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-25104936

Article on the filling of school direct places/universities having their allocations cut. Thought some people here might find it interesting!
    Thanks for this. It is interesting. Anyone know why they are so focused on shifting towards school direct?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crm)
    hey,

i submitted my application this week (after waiting for what felt like ages for my references to respond) but I have just realised I made an error in the exam board section. I did a national diploma on top of an english a level, and I put the wrong exam board for the diploma. I also guessed most of the exam boards for my GCSE's because all my certificates were lost when I moved house a few years ago, and I didn't want to wait until I was able to get new ones before applying as that would have been leaving it late.
    I've emailed the course providers to mention that I made a mistake on my diploma exam board.
    Do you think this will be much of a problem? Or if I guessed some of the exam boards for my GCSEs wrong, do you think it will matter? Just stressing out a bit!
    Thanks
    id try and get in touch with your school to find out the exam board was I think it could be a problem as they will check your results and don't think it will sit well with the uni.
    Try and find the correct boards and be honest with the uni I say x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    Thanks for this. It is interesting. Anyone know why they are so focused on shifting towards school direct?
    It's their new preference for teacher training, they wanted the brightest graduates trained on the job. As for why, I'm not sure. Guess it's just how they think they'll get the best teachers.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applied to Edge Hill, Cumbria or Sheffield Hallam? Have you got even an acknowledgement?
    I've applied to Edge Hill. No response / acknowledgement so far. Put mine in on 25th Nov.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alabelle)
    It's their new preference for teacher training, they wanted the brightest graduates trained on the job. As for why, I'm not sure. Guess it's just how they think they'll get the best teachers.
    Yeah, seems that way. There's hardly any spaces on school direct for my subject compared to PGCE (2 compared to 20) so a shift that way would be bad for my subject...
    (Original post by JMR26)
    I've applied to Edge Hill. No response / acknowledgement so far. Put mine in on 25th Nov.
    Cool, not just me then!

ReputationRep:
    Interview at MMU for Seconday Maths on 11th Dec - hooray! Feeling nervous now!

ReputationRep:
    Oh my, clearly when I was trying to complete the application form quickly I became a bit dense.

I've answered 'Fee Payer' with 'Private finance' ... which is not true! I think I must have thought fee payer for the form (as I say, dense moment)

Will this be an issue?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMR26)
    Interview at MMU for Seconday Maths on 11th Dec - hooray! Feeling nervous now!
    Woooo good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, seems that way. There's hardly any spaces on school direct for my subject compared to PGCE (2 compared to 20) so a shift that way would be bad for my subject...

Cool, not just me then!
    I think the idea is that they're creating more school direct places over time. But like the article said, schools are struggling to fill them and the universities are picking up the pieces...

I know my university (Hull) have had their PGCE allocations halved this year in order to make way for school direct. Not great news, but there's still way more PGCE places out there than SD.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxstace123xx)
    Oh my, clearly when I was trying to complete the application form quickly I became a bit dense.

I've answered 'Fee Payer' with 'Private finance' ... which is not true! I think I must have thought fee payer for the form (as I say, dense moment)

Will this be an issue?
    I'm pretty sure it won't be an issue!
    Try not to worry!

ReputationRep:
    Second reference done. Application sent... Now I wait. I guess I should book my skills tests now.

ReputationRep:

Will this be an issue?
    Thank you for asking this question!! I stupidly thought the exact same and just rang UCAS to check. I haven't fully sent my application as I'm still waiting on one reference but he basically told me that once I've sent it I have to call UCAS straight away and they can change it students loan company. If you wait too long you have to inform every university of the change in status.

First time posting on here since I was an undergraduate!! Finished application on Wednesday and now only waiting for one reference but even so the wait is killing me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glendstar)
    Thank you for asking this question!! I stupidly thought the exact same and just rang UCAS to check. I haven't fully sent my application as I'm still waiting on one reference but he basically told me that once I've sent it I have to call UCAS straight away and they can change it students loan company. If you wait too long you have to inform every university of the change in status.

First time posting on here since I was an undergraduate!! Finished application on Wednesday and now only waiting for one reference but even so the wait is killing me!
    Ah I sent mine off on Wednesday, hope it isn't too late to change it because I have already informed the courses of something else that I did wrong, not going to look great haha!

Edit: Sorted She said you can change it most times in the application process because people may change their circumstances of being able to pay.

ReputationRep:
    Ah I sent mine off on Wednesday, hope it isn't too late to change it because I have already informed the courses of something else that I did wrong, not going to look great haha!

Edit: Sorted She said you can change it most times in the application process because people may change their circumstances of being able to pay.
    Oh that's good. I bet we're not the only people that made that mistake to be honest! Or at least I hope so lol.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applied to Edge Hill, Cumbria or Sheffield Hallam? Have you got even an acknowledgement?
    I just heard - my interview is 17th Dec

ReputationRep:
    hey I have a quick question. I have completed my form and cannot seem to Pay/send it yet? Why is that? Can anyone please help me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMR26)
    I just heard - my interview is 17th Dec
    Thanks for letting me know...now I want my interview! If I get one! Like I said above though, I would think different subjects would be different with how they roll out the interviews. Good luck with the interview anyway!

How did you find out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cinderella25)
    hey I have a quick question. I have completed my form and cannot seem to Pay/send it yet? Why is that? Can anyone please help me!
    Have both of your referees completed the references?

ReputationRep:
    My manager has received the request and will have my reference done today or Monday, hopefully! Eek.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.