The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I failed like everything.
History: C
English: D
Psychology: E
I havent even gotten my Philosophy and ethics paper back!
What do i do?
resit the whole of the year again?
continue?
I was willing to go to Kent Or UCL.
But now.....
I got AAB in Politics, Business and Economics and I'm off to the University of Manchester to do PPE.

Quite an improvement from last year where my AS's were BBCD, shows what hard work can do :smile:
Reply 2162
i got as levels :
maths A
biology B
chemistry B
it B

any chance of getting into dentistry or medicine with these results?

also can someone list unis where there are low entry requiremennts for alevels for dentistry or medicine- all i could find was AAA and 2X AAb - anymore
thanks in advance
at AS i had ACDE dropped the subject i got an E in, and now at end of my A levels I improved and got A*AB! A* for maths, A for further maths and B for physics! (the E was in accounting for AS only!)
Oh btw does anyone know the criteria required for an A* in further maths? do you have to average 90UMS on both the further pure modules with an A at AS? not sure how that one works...
Original post by matt242o1552
Oh btw does anyone know the criteria required for an A* in further maths? do you have to average 90UMS on both the further pure modules with an A at AS? not sure how that one works...

I believe its your highest 3 A2 modules.. if they average 90 UMS or above you get an A* (providing you have over 480 UMS in total )
Original post by Another
I also got ABBC at AS level (Bio, Chem, Maths and English respectively). I had originally wanted to drop maths, but my english was literally on the C/D border so I had to drop that instead. I also had one crappy maths module (in your case, chemistry) and it was MUCH eaiser to redo that one module rather than to bring up an entire english grade.

This year, after some retakes, I got AAA in my A2 exams.

Well done!
But like do you think A2 Maths or chemistry is easier? Do you think its possible to retake a module and go from high C to an A? Like for someone who was getting sick of C2 and the amount of time you have to practice maths, I really don't want to do maths but idk if doing chemistry is realistic for me.
Thanks for the advice :smile:
Original post by Mr T
Congratulations :biggrin:

Original post by pathosL
wow well done!

Thank you both, hope you did well!! :biggrin:
I got AAA.
Original post by pootie318
I got AAA.

Congrats :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2170
[QUOTE="zaraasker;44008151"]
Original post by Another
I also got ABBC at AS level (Bio, Chem, Maths and English respectively). I had originally wanted to drop maths, but my english was literally on the C/D border so I had to drop that instead. I also had one crappy maths module (in your case, chemistry) and it was MUCH eaiser to redo that one module rather than to bring up an entire english grade.

This year, after some retakes, I got AAA in my A2 exams.

Well done!
But like do you think A2 Maths or chemistry is easier? Do you think its possible to retake a module and go from high C to an A? Like for someone who was getting sick of C2 and the amount of time you have to practice maths, I really don't want to do maths but idk if doing chemistry is realistic for me.

I got a B in maths AS and a C in chemistry AS after getting a D in unit 2, but I wanted to drop maths. I knew I'd done as well as I could im maths, and was sure I could improve my chemistry, so despite being advised otherwise I dropped maths. I resat my D and came out with an A in Chemistry A2 - with hard work it's possible :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do universities want to know the AS grade that you drop in year 13?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sophie1994
Do universities want to know the AS grade that you drop in year 13?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes
Original post by zaraasker

Well done!

Imo, A2 maths is infinitely easier. For chemistry, first you have to learn all of the content in the syllabus, and then you have to learn how to answer questions in the exam. In maths, the two are pretty much synonymous. I actually retook a C2 module - went fom the D/C border to an A grade, so yes, it is possible!

It's important that you choose subjects you enjoy for A2, otherwise you will get a terrible grade at the end. If you enjoy chemistry, and you are willing to put in the work and effort towards it, then of course it is realistic!
Original post by whatsnext
Me too!!! :biggrin: I got a*aa though, just exactly met my offer ahh thank god I was so sure I wouldn't. See you at ucl!

Ah that's fantastic well done and i'll see you in September :biggrin:
Original post by techno836
I believe its your highest 3 A2 modules.. if they average 90 UMS or above you get an A* (providing you have over 480 UMS in total )

Sorry, forgot to respond before but I like your wolf avatar too :wink:
Original post by Superunknown17
Sorry, forgot to respond before but I like your wolf avatar too :wink:

oh hahaha thank you :biggrin: :colondollar:
How hard is edexcel physics at A2?
Hey everyone I hope you all got the grades you wanted and deserved :smile:

I received my As grades yesterday and achieved AAAA in my four main subjects (maths physics chemistry biology) which I am obviously very pleased with, but got an E in general studies which is compulsory. That E was partially due to me not trying that much in the exam because its general studies and partially because I was ill in the exams. So I was wondering if that bad grade will count against me or ruin my chances of getting into medicine next year? Anyone have any experience like this? Hopefully I will be allowed to drop it next year anyway
For anyone who did Edexcel A level maths please help me.

If you can check you results online, when you click on 'My results' does it still say 'units not yet cashed in' or what does yours say?
I'm trying to find out for my brother and if (fingers crossed) his school hasn't cashed in the results then..I really don't know what to do :frown:

Latest