i mean lower than AAApootie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a11dmhkj)
    i got as levels :
    maths A
    biology B
    chemistry B
    it B

any chance of getting into dentistry or medicine with these results?

also can someone list unis where there are low entry requiremennts for alevels for dentistry or medicine- all i could find was AAA - please help
    thanks in advance

Idk about others but Glasgow's entry requirements are AAB for dentistry but the A's have to be in bio and chem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaraasker)
    Idk about others but Glasgow's entry requirements are AAB for dentistry but the A's have to be in bio and chem.
    your the besttttttttttttt - zaraasker

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know any more which are ABB or lower

thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I just got my AS'S back and didn't do as well as I hoped:
    A in biology
    B in Maths (one Mark from an A so probably remarking if I drop it)
    B in RS (5 marks from an A)
    C in chemistry ( 7 marks from a B)

I was hoping for AAAA as I want to do human sciences at Oxford.

I did want to drop maths as although I'm okay at it I don't really enjoy it. So I was thinking to retake one of my chemistry exams (in which I got a D which brought my grade down-I got an A in the other exam and B in the practical work.)
    So I wanted to ask would it be easier, do you think, for me to retake the chem exam and end up with an A in chem, or carry on with Maths and get an A?
    Btw I know where I went wrong and know I am capable of getting the grades I'm just wondering which is easier to get an A in-maths or chemistry as I don't need any particular subjects for human sciences.

Sorry for the really long post and thanks for the help.
    I also got ABBC at AS level (Bio, Chem, Maths and English respectively). I had originally wanted to drop maths, but my english was literally on the C/D border so I had to drop that instead. I also had one crappy maths module (in your case, chemistry) and it was MUCH eaiser to redo that one module rather than to bring up an entire english grade.

This year, after some retakes, I got AAA in my A2 exams.

(Original post by a11dmhkj)
    i got as levels :
    maths A
    biology B
    chemistry B
    it B

also can someone list unis where there are low entry requiremennts for alevels for dentistry or medicine- all i could find was AAA - please help
    thanks in advance
    I know nothing about medicine, but I got two dental interviews with ABBC. (That being said, the A was in biology, so I'm not sure in your case.) Glasgow (and more recently, Dundee now) require ABB grades for dentistry. If you score over 710 in the UKCAT, kings will also invite you to an interview - as long as you have a kick-ass personal statement, but expect their offer to be AAA.

Just don't apply to universities that don't consider the UKCAT, and don't apply to Manchester/Newcastle.

ReputationRep:
    I failed like everything.
    History: C
    English: D
    Psychology: E
    I havent even gotten my Philosophy and ethics paper back!
    What do i do?
    resit the whole of the year again?
    continue?
    I was willing to go to Kent Or UCL.
    But now.....

ReputationRep:
    I got AAB in Politics, Business and Economics and I'm off to the University of Manchester to do PPE.

Quite an improvement from last year where my AS's were BBCD, shows what hard work can do

ReputationRep:
    i got as levels :
    maths A
    biology B
    chemistry B
    it B

also can someone list unis where there are low entry requiremennts for alevels for dentistry or medicine- all i could find was AAA and 2X AAb - anymore
    thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    at AS i had ACDE dropped the subject i got an E in, and now at end of my A levels I improved and got A*AB! A* for maths, A for further maths and B for physics! (the E was in accounting for AS only!)

ReputationRep:
    Oh btw does anyone know the criteria required for an A* in further maths? do you have to average 90UMS on both the further pure modules with an A at AS? not sure how that one works...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt242o1552)
    Oh btw does anyone know the criteria required for an A* in further maths? do you have to average 90UMS on both the further pure modules with an A at AS? not sure how that one works...
    I believe its your highest 3 A2 modules.. if they average 90 UMS or above you get an A* (providing you have over 480 UMS in total )

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Another;44006644]I also got ABBC at AS level (Bio, Chem, Maths and English respectively). I had originally wanted to drop maths, but my english was literally on the C/D border so I had to drop that instead. I also had one crappy maths module (in your case, chemistry) and it was MUCH eaiser to redo that one module rather than to bring up an entire english grade.

Well done!
    But like do you think A2 Maths or chemistry is easier? Do you think its possible to retake a module and go from high C to an A? Like for someone who was getting sick of C2 and the amount of time you have to practice maths, I really don't want to do maths but idk if doing chemistry is realistic for me.
    Thanks for the advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr T)
    Congratulations
    (Original post by pathosL)
    wow well done!
    Thank you both, hope you did well!!

ReputationRep:
    I got AAA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pootie318)
    I got AAA.
    Congrats

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=zaraasker;44008151]
    (Original post by Another)
    I also got ABBC at AS level (Bio, Chem, Maths and English respectively). I had originally wanted to drop maths, but my english was literally on the C/D border so I had to drop that instead. I also had one crappy maths module (in your case, chemistry) and it was MUCH eaiser to redo that one module rather than to bring up an entire english grade.

Well done!
    But like do you think A2 Maths or chemistry is easier? Do you think its possible to retake a module and go from high C to an A? Like for someone who was getting sick of C2 and the amount of time you have to practice maths, I really don't want to do maths but idk if doing chemistry is realistic for me.
    Thanks for the advice
    I got a B in maths AS and a C in chemistry AS after getting a D in unit 2, but I wanted to drop maths. I knew I'd done as well as I could im maths, and was sure I could improve my chemistry, so despite being advised otherwise I dropped maths. I resat my D and came out with an A in Chemistry A2 - with hard work it's possible :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do universities want to know the AS grade that you drop in year 13?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie1994)
    Do universities want to know the AS grade that you drop in year 13?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yes

ReputationRep:

Well done!
    Thanks for the advice
    Imo, A2 maths is infinitely easier. For chemistry, first you have to learn all of the content in the syllabus, and then you have to learn how to answer questions in the exam. In maths, the two are pretty much synonymous. I actually retook a C2 module - went fom the D/C border to an A grade, so yes, it is possible!

It's important that you choose subjects you enjoy for A2, otherwise you will get a terrible grade at the end. If you enjoy chemistry, and you are willing to put in the work and effort towards it, then of course it is realistic!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whatsnext)
    Me too!!! I got a*aa though, just exactly met my offer ahh thank god I was so sure I wouldn't. See you at ucl!
    Ah that's fantastic well done and i'll see you in September

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.