Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NightStarz)
    Has anyone who has been asked for interview called up King's and asked them whether it is a questionnaire or an essay? I think all the people in the new bacth say that their letter says it is a questionnaire (as with mine) and this could be because essay questions were leaked.
    Yeah they really need to clear this up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dandaman9999)
    I feel it went ok, my ethical scenario analysis was not too great but I was hoping it was good enough... how about yourself?
    Yeah same I guess, hard to tell because whenever you look back at the interview you always think of loads of better stuff you could have said haha! I dunno, some parts were ok, but some I think I was just babbling on! What time was yours?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NightStarz)
    Has anyone who has been asked for interview called up King's and asked them whether it is a questionnaire or an essay? I think all the people in the new bacth say that their letter says it is a questionnaire (as with mine) and this could be because essay questions were leaked.
    Also getting confused by this, if they said its a questionnaire it should be, they can't give us an essay when we haven't been told about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clover5)
    Also getting confused by this, if they said its a questionnaire it should be, they can't give us an essay when we haven't been told about it
    Actually they can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psmalhotra)
    hey guys.... im new on this thread. i'm an international medicine applicant and just got invited for an interview on the 30th. they've told me it would be a 40 minute thing with me having to fill out a questionnaire and read and then discuss an ethical case study. any ideas on what type of questions are there on the questionnaire, and that apart from the ethical questioning, if i'd be needing any AS/A2 knowledge??? any help would be appreciated!
    Hey, congratz on getting an interview!!! I am also an international applicant, would you mind sharing what your stats are?

(Original post by Tinuviel)
      Anybody else have their interview tomorrow?
      Any last minute advice? ;S
      A shot of Dutch courage

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Mehroze1)
      Yeah same I guess, hard to tell because whenever you look back at the interview you always think of loads of better stuff you could have said haha! I dunno, some parts were ok, but some I think I was just babbling on! What time was yours?!
      Yeah exactly, I now feel I could have said so much more! Hoping the rest of my application can play a part too but don't know if it does after interview? Mine was 4pm, you?

ReputationRep:
      Yeah exactly, I now feel I could have said so much more! Hoping the rest of my application can play a part too but don't know if it does after interview? Mine was 4pm, you?
      I was thinking exactly the same,I wonder if they do use the rest of the application aferwards?! I had it at 11:20! Its been exactly a month today haha, this is making me go mad!

ReputationRep:
      I was thinking exactly the same,I wonder if they do use the rest of the application aferwards?! I had it at 11:20! Its been exactly a month today haha, this is making me go mad!
      Yeah I hope they do, I feel my work over a few years is equally, if not more, reflective of myself then one 15min chat Ohh I didn't even notice! I know there were holidays, but they said we would hear back within 2-3 weeks! So taking away the holiday period, we should be hearing back real soon (this week I assume) :eek:

ReputationRep:
      Yeah I hope they do, I feel my work over a few years is equally, if not more, reflective of myself then one 15min chat Ohh I didn't even notice! I know there were holidays, but they said we would hear back within 2-3 weeks! So taking away the holiday period, we should be hearing back real soon (this week I assume) :eek:
      I'm going to be logging in to my portal every other minute this week haha! Is kings your first choice? Where else have you applied?

ReputationRep:
      I'm going to be logging in to my portal every other minute this week haha! Is kings your first choice? Where else have you applied?
      Haha same here!
      I went for Imperial, Cambridge (rejected-stupid non-medical interview!), Kings, Barts, in that order how about you?

ReputationRep:
      Haha same here!
      I went for Cambridge (rejected-stupid non-medical interview!), Imperial, Kings, Barts, in that order how about you?
      Ah cool, clearly liking London then aha! I've gone with Kings, Sheffield, Newcastle and Leicester! Have you gone with a fifth choice?! I havent bothered this year, will probably take a gap year and reapply!

ReputationRep:
      Ah cool, clearly liking London then aha! I've gone with Kings, Sheffield, Newcastle and Leicester! Have you gone with a fifth choice?! I havent bothered this year, will probably take a gap year and reapply!
      Haha yeah, London all the way Nice, you heard back from anywhere yet? And nahh, I'm gonna do what you will and take a gap year and reapply hoping it doesn't reach that stage haha

ReputationRep:
      Yeah man, London's so cool, and yeah I had an interview at Leicester before Christmas, still waiting to hear back from them hah! And yeah I know what you mean, just desperate for 1 offer!!

ReputationRep:
      Yeah I had mine one the 12th of December but haven't heard back yet Hope I haven't been rejected!
      dont worry bro, hope yu will do fine... but wht was it like, the questions??

ReputationRep:
      Yeah man, London's so cool, and yeah I had an interview at Leicester before Christmas, still waiting to hear back from them hah! And yeah I know what you mean, just desperate for 1 offer!!
      Nice, good luck with that! Same here, one offer will do haha

(Original post by psmalhotra)
      dont worry bro, hope yu will do fine... but wht was it like, the questions??
      Thanks man, they were just the standard qs you would expect. I can't go into much more detail than that because of the waiver, sorry

ReputationRep:
      Nice, good luck with that! Same here, one offer will do haha

Thanks man, they were just the standard qs you would expect. I can't go into much more detail than that because of the waiver, sorry
      Cheers, and you too, let us know if you hear anything from Kings as well!! Fingers crossed for us all haha!!

ReputationRep:
      Cheers, and you too, let us know if you hear anything from Kings as well!! Fingers crossed for us all haha!!
      Haha yep will do!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by futuremed123)
      I have had a look at their 6 year course but that says that you should have not attended a selective sixth form and not school. I currently do attend a selective sixth form.

Are you sure about the selective school thing?

aaah bummer... When I looked at it when I was looking at my options last yr it said you can't have taken your GCSE's at a selective school. Maybe they changed it since. I'm really sorry to hear that BUT Do you go to a non grammer, (soz scuse the spelling, little dyslexic) non private school? Because St Georges love that! and more if your not an Asian girl. Before anyone has a go at that comment it IS true. I was told by a Heart surgeon at UCL Heart hospital who is a part of the UCL selection process that Georges had a seperate interview day for asian girls to compete between themselves because they are the majority group receiving offers. Hope that rant helps

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by vee_19)
      aaah bummer... When I looked at it when I was looking at my options last yr it said you can't have taken your GCSE's at a selective school. Maybe they changed it since. I'm really sorry to hear that BUT Do you go to a non grammer, (soz scuse the spelling, little dyslexic) non private school? Because St Georges love that! and more if your not an Asian girl. Before anyone has a go at that comment it IS true. I was told by a Heart surgeon at UCL Heart hospital who is a part of the UCL selection process that Georges had a seperate interview day for asian girls to compete between themselves because they are the majority group receiving offers. Hope that rant helps
      Woah that's shocking! It might be true but there should be equal competition between applicants, regardless of their ethnicities.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.