Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

(Original post by Lucy96)
    Thank you so much

I've been very well thank you counting down the days until college now, I just want to start! Yourself?
    No problem :hat2:

That's great! Looking forward to college?!

I'm good too thanks! I really don't wanna go back to college though, the holidays were far too short IMO. I can't believe it's our last year though, it's actually quite scary!

(Original post by Robbie242)
    ahh going back to school Thursday, does anyone feel they could have done a little more with their summer?
    I feel the same tbh :sad: I would have liked to finish my EPQ/PS/Biology coursework but I got none of that one :awesome: Still, should have them all done within the next few weeks hopefully :yep:

ReputationRep:
    The first day back at college has been somewhat eventful.

Firstly, I somehow missed all three of my alarms (0500, 0530, and 0600), and woke up at 0700. Needless to say I missed the train in, and so was late for college. On the first day back. Bummer. Timetables were issued, and mine has become considerably worse when compared to the one I had in July. Days are far too spread out, disallowing me to go home early on any day whatsoever. Sigh.

Still, I somehow managed to be caught in a rendition of "I'm Blue", and the theme tune to Postman Pat when in Physics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)

I'm good too thanks! I really don't wanna go back to college though, the holidays were far too short IMO. I can't believe it's our last year though, it's actually quite scary!

I feel the same tbh :sad: I would have liked to finish my EPQ/PS/Biology coursework but I got none of that one :awesome: Still, should have them all done within the next few weeks hopefully :yep:
    :sad: indeed. I feel similar but in a different way, I think I focused too much on one area (guess what ).

I managed to get C3 & C4 done, work on my PS and work at the Bank of England but apart from that I really didn't do anything else. I would've liked to complete a few video games, go out a bit and do a bit more exercise than I did

ReputationRep:
    going in to enroll for A2 tomorrow.The hard work starts tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Endless Blue)
    It's time for me to bug you for PS help again! :awesome::ashamed2:

Can you think of any other suitable phrases in place of e.g "furthermore"; "as well as this"; "in addition to" etc.? Any more help would be awesome

To give context, it's finishing off my ECs paragraph. I don't really want to use "finally" or variations thereof because it makes it sound like (at least to me) that that's all I can say/all I do, when reality I've only mentioned the most important/pertinent things
    Sorry, missed this

I always find that word really hard to think of. Hmm... Moreover? Besides this? Likewise?

• TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Yeah! Now that I don't have to do chemistry, I love all of my subjects so I'm feeling motivated to do well I bet I'll be complaining about all the work and the early starts after a week though :lol:

Aww great yeah I guess so! And I know, it's so sad! I've grown to love my school and teachers having been there since year 7

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    just checked out my timetable on 'parent portal' (sneaky, huh).

all looking good so far.

4 days per fortnight I only have 1 lesson :cry:
    friday week 2 i have no lessons :cry:

ReputationRep:
    hey friends
    is that possible to prepare myself for o and a both levels in 9 months to get good grades without going anywhere such as school and other institutes just by studying at home and with the help of internet.O yeah important thing i have chosen 8subjects 5 for o level and 3 for alevel (chm,phy,bio,eng,mth) for o and again (bio,chm,phy) for advance level so please experts need your suggestions pleeeeeeeeeeease help me..

ReputationRep:
    Ozil signing of the season, but they didn't need a midfielder. Manu on the other hand needed one. At least they could have played Shinji.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldengirlss)
    hey friends
    is that possible to prepare myself for o and a both levels in 9 months to get good grades without going anywhere such as school and other institutes just by studying at home and with the help of internet.O yeah important thing i have chosen 8subjects 5 for o level and 3 for alevel (chm,phy,bio,eng,mth) for o and again (bio,chm,phy) for advance level so please experts need your suggestions pleeeeeeeeeeease help me..
    Olevels don't exist anymore. Khanacademy for science.
    • Study Helper

(Original post by Lucy96)
    Yeah! Now that I don't have to do chemistry, I love all of my subjects so I'm feeling motivated to do well I bet I'll be complaining about all the work and the early starts after a week though :lol:

Aww great yeah I guess so! And I know, it's so sad! I've grown to love my school and teachers having been there since year 7

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah fair enough, I really don't like chemistry anymore either. :dry: I wish I could drop it but I pretty much need it which is annoying! Haha, I'm sure you'll be fine! :yep:

It really is! Just seems like yesterday I started year 7... :moon:

ReputationRep:
    • What course you're going to apply for. English
    • Your AS subjects (and grades if you like). English Literature - A, English Language - A, History - A, Art - B
    • Your A2 subjects (and predicted/actual grades if you want to). Same again, but I'm dropping Art. AAA for predicted/actual grades
    • What universities you're thinking of applying to and their decisions (when it comes to that). Oxford, St Andrews, Durham, York, Warwick

EDIT: Sorry, make that A*A*A* (aim high, shall I?)

Also, I'm doing an EPQ.
    • Study Helper

(Original post by Gilgamesh)
    • What course you're going to apply for. English
    • Your AS subjects (and grades if you like). English Literature - A, English Language - A, History - A, Art - B
    • Your A2 subjects (and predicted/actual grades if you want to). Same again, but I'm dropping Art. AAA for predicted/actual grades
    • What universities you're thinking of applying to and their decisions (when it comes to that). Oxford, St Andrews, Durham, York, Warwick

EDIT: Sorry, make that A*A*A* (aim high, shall I?)

Also, I'm doing an EPQ.
    Sure, done! Good to aim high :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zakee)
    French. :rolleyes:

I'm still unsure as to whether or not apply to Oxford for Mathematics or Physics. Hmm.
    :france:

Oh really? I thought you and your girlfriend Felix were going to study Physics together :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Done!

The mathmos are catching up to the medicine applicants... :eek:
    Deep down we are all Mathmos!

ReputationRep:
    ahh going back to school Thursday, does anyone feel they could have done a little more with their summer?
    Yeah so much more, but I got lazy and there's nothing we can do about it now, just have to work harder throughout the year

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

ReputationRep:
    I've finished my personal statement off and done a bit of research for the EPQ which is great.

Haven't done my english coursework draft though :/ Going to rush through it tomorrow since I go back to school on Wednesday. I'm hoping that I don't see the teacher when I go back haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameisntbobk)
    3600 in a year :eek: there's only an odd 150 or so of us in my sixth form..
    3600 in the entire college. Only 1800 in each year group. Well, at least, that's how many there were last year.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Choppie)
    3600 in the entire college. Only 1800 in each year group. Well, at least, that's how many there were last year.
    :eek: we have 75 in each year group!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blueray2)
    Olevels don't exist anymore. Khanacademy for science.
    i did'nt get u. i was talking about igcse o'level.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.