Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    San Antonio Spurs ftw
    sigh they will be nothing after this year when tony parker and tim duncan leave .. and they annoyed me when they failed to put away Heat last year in game 6 :angry: Defence guys :fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    I'm sort of the opposite to that. I didn't put enough effort into my GCSEs. I'd revise 1 or 2 days before each exam by just reading over the revision guide and I got 5A* 4A (School predicted me 1A* 8A). Maybe this is why I have a different mindset to you going into next year. My thinking is that I haven't studied previously and I got good grades so in A-Levels if I start studying a lot , I should be able to achieve what I want.
    I reckon I would have achieved 4A*s(1A^), 6As, 4Bs and 2Cs in GCSE,OCR National and BTEC if i hadn't revised really hard and in my GCSE only courses I would have achieved 2A*s,4As and 4Bs.In most subjects an A* in GCSE is rock solid and requires a tonne of work and revision, maths is the exception but I'm naturally talented for that.

Contrary to popular belief, BTEC PE is very tough, one of my friends who got an A* in Maths got 2Cs in it-I had to attend loads of classes after school and I completed loads of work after school.

San Antonio Spurs ftw
    James Harden 'Fear the Beard' FTW

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    sigh they will be nothing after this year when tony parker and tim duncan leave .. and they annoyed me when they failed to put away Heat last year in game 6 :angry: Defence guys :fuhrer:
    Admittedly I don't know much about the NBA. Played for my school basketball team from Year 7-10 and they always used to talk about NBA so I just picked a team so I could join in the discussion but I don't follow it much anymore. They should have won last season though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucas.)
    You haven't added me to the main post yet.

Maths (MEI)
    German (WJEC)
    Psychology (Edexcel)
    Sociology (AQA)
    Sorry i miss a few done now though

and i see you like basketball and oklahoma :awesome: and you have stolen part of my name :unimpressed:
    You many have got to this site before me, but I have the name techno on just about every other site!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry i miss a few done now though
    Thank you, haha.

Do we post what subjects we doing?

ReputationRep:
    Admittedly I don't know much about the NBA. Played for my school basketball team from Year 7-10 and they always used to talk about NBA so I just picked a team so I could join in the discussion but I don't follow it much anymore. They should have won last season though.
    :lol: i can't say i know a great deal, but i probably know enough to go over to america and have a decent conversation :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrybithell196)
    I'm alright, apart from a having a headache. I must be tired How about yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well go to bed Hope it's better in the morning, I'm good, listening to the Smiths, best thing to do at this time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno-thriller)
    You many have got to this site before me, but I have the name techno on just about every other site!
    This is my name on runescape from when i was 7 or 8 :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'm wondering if any of you can help me...

With my A-Level choices, I am currently on here to take Chemistry, Biology, Spanish and Philosophy and Ethics. However, although P+E would be the most enjoyable of the subjects I've chosen, RS (the most directly comparable of the GCSEs I took) was one of my lowest GCSE grades (it was still an A and only 1 UMS from an A*, awaiting a remark but have been told not to get my hopes up...). I now don't know whether I should still take it or replace it with a subject like Physics or French where I got better grades, although I probably wouldn't enjoy the subject content as much.

My dilemma is basically because each score 2/3 on my three major criteria (GCSE results, teaching staff and enjoyment.)

Which is more important, doing the subject I enjoy or the subjects I appear better at?

ReputationRep:
    This is my name on runescape from when i was 7 or 8 :lol:
    Hey! Are you doing A level physics on OCR A? I'm really considering changing one of my options to physics on that board, does it look good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattFletcher)
    Evening all, how is everyone? Sorry I haven't posted much on this thread compared to previously
    It seems you're the only person on the same board and course for Physics as me... I don't know if that's a good thing though! All I've heard about the OCR B course is a massive amount of complaints on how bad it is! :eek:

Have you heard anything about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Molly_xox)

With my A-Level choices, I am currently on here to take Chemistry, Biology, Spanish and Philosophy and Ethics. However, although P+E would be the most enjoyable of the subjects I've chosen, RS (the most directly comparable of the GCSEs I took) was one of my lowest GCSE grades (it was still an A and only 1 UMS from an A*, awaiting a remark but have been told not to get my hopes up...). I now don't know whether I should still take it or replace it with a subject like Physics or French where I got better grades, although I probably wouldn't enjoy the subject content as much.

My dilemma is basically because each score 2/3 on my three major criteria (GCSE results, teaching staff and enjoyment.)

Which is more important, doing the subject I enjoy or the subjects I appear better at?
    I believe you should 100% go for the one you'll enjoy the most
    I enjoyed maths bio chem physics and got A*s at gcse also English Lit and I got A*, then my teacher changed and I didn't enjoy it and I got Bs in mocks and luckily got an A in the exam
    (Original post by a123a)
    Hey! Are you doing A level physics on OCR A? I'm really considering changing one of my options to physics on that board, does it look good?
    Im on Edexcel I believe

ReputationRep:
    I enjoyed maths bio chem physics and got A*s at gcse also English Lit and I got A*, then my teacher changed and I didn't enjoy it and I got Bs in mocks and luckily got an A in the exam

Im on Edexcel I believe

ReputationRep:

This is exactly my dilemma with Geography I only got an A(350/400) and yet I got A*s in Maths(taking at A-Level),Further Maths(taking at A-Level),Additional Science(taking Physics),Core Science(taking Physics),French(hate it),English Language(hate it),English Literature(hate it),Business(unrespected pretty much pointless),ICT(unrespected pretty much pointless),2xPE (unrespected pretty much pointless and I got this on a theory based course and the A-Level course is part practical)-so Geography is sort of next on the list because I think two Science A-Levels would be far much work to do for someone who did Double Science and Science is very hard as opposed to Maths.

As for new subjects,I really wanted to take Economics for my 4th AS because I like and am good at Business and very interested in the economy but I can't due to timetable clashes and I was considering Computing but I really don't want to take the A2 due to real intense coursework, it isn't high respected, it is very risky because I don' know about how Computers actually work and although, the papers did have a bit of Maths they didn't look particularly interesting.The other new subjects are generally unrespected.

I am really interested in Geography as well and have been since I was back in Primary School, particularly problems with Global Warming and Energy,which is on my A-Level course, and Geography is a very exciting subject about the world and how it works and how humans battle with nature and it is an essay based subject, which I need to keep up these skills for university and to show I am not just good at Sciences/Maths.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, thank you:^_^:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    This is exactly my dilemma with Geography I only got an A(350/400) and yet I got A*s in Maths(taking at A-Level),Further Maths(taking at A-Level),Additional Science(taking Physics),Core Science(taking Physics),French(hate it),English Language(hate it),English Literature(hate it),Business(unrespected pretty much pointless),ICT(unrespected pretty much pointless),2xPE (unrespected pretty much pointless and I got this on a theory based course and the A-Level course is part practical)-so Geography is sort of next on the list because I think two Science A-Levels would be far much work to do for someone who did Double Science and Science is very hard as opposed to Maths.

As for new subjects,I really wanted to take Economics for my 4th AS because I like and am good at Business and very interested in the economy but I can't due to timetable clashes and I was considering Computing but I really don't want to take the A2 due to real intense coursework, it isn't high respected, it is very risky because I don' know about how Computers actually work and although, the papers did have a bit of Maths they didn't look particularly interesting.The other new subjects are generally unrespected.

I am really interested in Geography as well and have been since I was back in Primary School, particularly problems with Global Warming and Energy,which is on my A-Level course, and Geography is a very exciting subject about the world and how it works and how humans battle with nature and it is an essay based subject, which I need to keep up these skills for university and to show I am not just good at Sciences/Maths.
    I got A*s in Sciences, French, Spanish and Maths, As in English, Lit, RS and History. I was loathed to take the other subjects I got As in (my school doesn't offer English Lang anyway) and I'm loathed to take Maths so I ruled them out but it almost feels like a waste to take Philosophy over the other two simply because I enjoy it...

Another one is I am the most indecisive person on the planet and all blocking options for the subjects I may want to take (even including Maths) are plausible.

Are you still planning on taking Geography on that logic?

ReputationRep:
    I got A*s in Sciences, French, Spanish and Maths, As in English, Lit, RS and History. I was loathed to take the other subjects I got As in (my school doesn't offer English Lang anyway) and I'm loathed to take Maths so I ruled them out but it almost feels like a waste to take Philosophy over the other two simply because I enjoy it...

Another one is I am the most indecisive person on the planet and all blocking options for the subjects I may want to take (even including Maths) are plausible.

Are you still planning on taking Geography on that logic?
    I am currently planning to take Geography but I may change my mind even though it is illogical and is what my heart wants not my brain.I hope I can take Geography because my enrollment date is the 29th and I'm not put down for it because I wanted to take Economics but I can't take it because it is in the same block as Further Maths.With Chemistry and Biology at A-Level are you planning on taking a degree in one of them or a close industry if so you should take Maths.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.