Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Rejected from KWM yesterday and BLP just now for vac schemes. Trying not to feel totally disheartened...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Able star)
    Just got a message from Bird & Bird saying I've been invited to do the Watson Glazer test. Does anyone known whether this is similar to the verbal reasoning test SHL put out or is it completely different? I'm only familiar with the latter since this is my first foray into vac schemes.
    I've just got this as well.

I'm not sure at the moment, will be looking in to it now!

ReputationRep:
    WG test invite from Bird & Bird. I hate WGs. Anyone have any tips for them?

ReputationRep:
    Looks like Bird & Bird have sent out a load of e-mails!

ReputationRep:
    Just got a message from Bird & Bird saying I've been invited to do the Watson Glazer test. Does anyone known whether this is similar to the verbal reasoning test SHL put out or is it completely different? I'm only familiar with the latter since this is my first foray into vac schemes.
    I'm not sure for bird & bird specifically, but Watson glazer tests tend to be a little different than verbal reasoning in my experience

Watson glazer tests that I have done have had five different sections, and you have to say things like whether an assumption has been made or not, and whether a conclusion follows or not, and whether an argument is strong or weak

I'm not sure if I've explained that very well but there are some practice tests on hogan lovells and link laters websites to give you a better picture, hope that helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aspiringlawyer20)
    Looks like Bird & Bird have sent out a load of e-mails!
    Got a rejection from BLP to go with my offer to do the test for 2Birds, literally 10 minutes apart. These vac scheme applications are turning into something of a rollercoaster of emotions.

ReputationRep:
    Irwin Mitchell video interview went so badly

ReputationRep:
    Also got the Bird & Bird invite to do the WG test. I didn't think it was bad. It's split into a lot of small sections, two of which I thought were pretty easy. I panicked about the timer a lot at the start but then I had 10 minutes left over at the end. It's nice because it lets you go back and review your answers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrisjones123)
    Join the club haha hope for the best and just forget about it. you did your best and I'm site next video interview would go a lot better for everyone. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    What do you feel went badly about it? I'm finding it really difficult to judge how I did. I have heard though that it's more about the quality of your verbal communication than the content of your answers

ReputationRep:
    Watson Glazers are pretty different to the standard verbal reasoning test; there's a lot more asked of you imo.

This is a really good resource to use to practice for them:

http://graduates.hoganlovells.com/ap...thinking_test/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkhan12)
    Yes the Strengths Based Test. Have you completed it yet? If you have done so, is it quite similar to a Situational Judgement Test?
    Yes I completed it, it's very much like a situational judgement test!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TC39)
    Yes I completed it, it's very much like a situational judgement test!
    Awesome thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Any idea what the Pinsent Masons psychometric test is like?
    (Verbal / logical / critical thinking)

ReputationRep:
    EDIT: Oh clearly didn't read the Two Birds website fully

So, following the WG - any idea how hard it is to progress to video interview?

ReputationRep:
    I've just read the Bird & Bird site again and it says that non-law students should apply in their final year. I am a non law undergraduate in my penultimate year.

Bit of a weird situation (not sure how I missed that). I guess I'll have to let them know as they review summer students for their training contracts which I couldn't start for another 3 years.

ReputationRep:
    Just felt it was so hard to be engaging and answer the questions properly because there's no one there to interact with.

Cut off early on 2 of the questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheHairyArmenian)
    Same here. Oh well, onwards and upwards. The Open Day is probably because vac scheme applications far outweigh TC applications, and they want to give insights for applicants who may have a shot at the TC. SM only give 46% of vac schemers a TC.
    Do you mind me asking when your interview was?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ULawAJ)
    What do you feel went badly about it? I'm finding it really difficult to judge how I did. I have heard though that it's more about the quality of your verbal communication than the content of your answers
    Just felt it was so hard to be engaging and answer the questions properly because there's no one there to interact with.

ReputationRep:

I cut off early on all of them haha.. I think it's better to do that than start rambling or grasping at straws. Oh well, you live and you learn!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.