Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marco14196)
    I do have a question for everyone. I missed by one grade my Biochem offer at Manchester( AAB and I got ABC, Bio was very close to an A so wasn't the issue at all but Chem I got the C which was the issue) but I have been offered and accepted the opportunity to do a Life Sciences foundation degree for a year before I can actually start my course. Being the case, will people who go to do the Foundation courses be welcome to go to Freshers Week, its been on my mind for the last few days just how exactly it works. Hopefully next year I can start my course proper, really excited and not at all bothered I have to spend an extra year at Uni
    Hey, I'm in nearly exactly the same position I got ABC (with a B in Biology also very close to an A, and C in Chemistry) and I needed AAB to do Biology with professional placement. So I'm doing the foundation year too for life sciences.

What halls are you in? I might see you around

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

I'm just wondering if it's better to wait until I move into my hall with my flatmates before I buy wristbands/tickets? I'm worried about them selling out, but I also don't want to buy tickets for events that none of my flatmates are going to!

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stuartdavid95)
    Hey everyone,

I'm just wondering if it's better to wait until I move into my hall with my flatmates before I buy wristbands/tickets? I'm worried about them selling out, but I also don't want to buy tickets for events that none of my flatmates are going to!

Cheers
    I'm wondering the same thing and am planning on waiting, unless I can talk with my flatmates first and see what they're planning on doing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bekbok)
    I'm wondering the same thing and am planning on waiting, unless I can talk with my flatmates first and see what they're planning on doing.
    Yeah I think that sounds like the best bet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purrpuff)
    im doing international management too
    ive found my flatmate and hes doing this course too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellyyyl)
    I just got oak house too! - BE.1.60.415
    you must be my next door neighbor haha im flat 61 same floor haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mouqs)
    Anyone for PPE or living in Oak House (beech court) next year?
    it sounds lazy, however I don't fancy reading the previous 100 pages of this thread.
    im beech court

ReputationRep:
    I'm beech court too, I've got BE.3.37

ReputationRep:
    Good lord I don't even have an accommodation email yet, this is scaring me D:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got my accommodation today and I'm in Fallowfield, Ashburne Hall. Not sure how I feel about this, I seriously didn't want a catered halls. Does anyone know how likely I am to change my accomodation at this stage if I ring the accomodation services tomorrow? Or anyone else in Ashburne?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReanneC96)
    you must be my next door neighbor haha im flat 61 same floor haha!
    Woo! Think you're the closest person I've found so far

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by utannx)
    Good lord I don't even have an accommodation email yet, this is scaring me D:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me neither...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nathan0012)
    Me neither...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't be - they told me that they are still processing the accommodation offers and everyone should have them over the next few days

ReputationRep:
    So Richmond Park lot - Who's joining me in W.3.16.122

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kamila21)
    Got my accommodation today and I'm in Fallowfield, Ashburne Hall. Not sure how I feel about this, I seriously didn't want a catered halls. Does anyone know how likely I am to change my accomodation at this stage if I ring the accomodation services tomorrow? Or anyone else in Ashburne?
    Was that in any of your choices?

ReputationRep:
    Me too I'm in the city centre with self catered at Denmark road if you wanted to do a swap? Don't know if that is possible. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordanap)
    Was that in any of your choices?

It was my 2nd choice, but on reflection going catered is really not for me. Surely somebody else would appreciate it much more, but I want to stay in Fallowfield.... Can't seem to find any info about swapping before term starts though! :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie373)
    Me too I'm in the city centre with self catered at Denmark road if you wanted to do a swap? Don't know if that is possible. x
    What is it you're unhappy about? X

ReputationRep:
    What is it you're unhappy about? X
    The room looks brilliant it's just I really had my heart on Fallowfield and didn't manage to get any of my three choices. So when I got my offer for Denmark Road it came as a bit of a shock and am not really sure what to expect. What do you not like about Ashburne?

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, just wondering if everyone has received their welcome letters or not? Because I haven't so starting to get slightly worried.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.