Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bfarrar21)
    I've just got an offer from sheffield!! Has anyone else heard back from them today?
    Did you just hear back now!?

Congrats! Xo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzydizzyyy)
    That's exactly how I feel about City london
    It's just depressing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanC55)
    I harassed them again today and they said they have until the end of march to get their replies back - I just can't even cope!

I do find it annoying though as I'd like to see what all the hype is about!
    Just try to keep smiling

I know what you are going through - Sheffield did it to me last year - it seemed as if everyone got invited to interview but me until the very last minute! Don't know why all my other choices thought I was good enough for an early invite to interview but I got one at Sheffield in the end!

There is still time - even if you go crazy waiting!!

ReputationRep:
    I have applied to Reading, Birmingham City, Man Met, DMU and leeds met. Got conditional from reading and an unconditional from birmingham, waiting to hear from the others.

ReputationRep:
    Did you just hear back now!?

Congrats! Xo
    I got an email at about half 6! Thank youx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyPilot)
    Just try to keep smiling

I know what you are going through - Sheffield did it to me last year - it seemed as if everyone got invited to interview but me until the very last minute! Don't know why all my other choices thought I was good enough for an early invite to interview but I got one at Sheffield in the end!

There is still time - even if you go crazy waiting!!
    Thanks Amy!

It's just driving me mental, so mental! Like I can't understand how it could've sat with an admission tutor for 2 months and not have made a decision.

ReputationRep:
    I've just got an offer from sheffield!! Has anyone else heard back from them today?
    Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shropshirelass51)
    Congratulations!
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    It's just depressing
    I just can't comprehend it because they've had my application since November! And seeing other people get offers already it's so confusing surely they could just reject the rejections already?! Weird

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations!!

ReputationRep:
    I just can't comprehend it because they've had my application since November! And seeing other people get offers already it's so confusing surely they could just reject the rejections already?! Weird
    You'll be on the maybe pile... If there's space they'll give you a shot, but if there's too many other applicants accepting offers or are just marginally better then they'll reject you. Look at it positively though, you obviously have something that's making them hang onto you I know it's super frustrating but just hold out and you might just get a chance

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterfly9595)
    You'll be on the maybe pile... If there's space they'll give you a shot, but if there's too many other applicants accepting offers or are just marginally better then they'll reject you. Look at it positively though, you obviously have something that's making them hang onto you I know it's super frustrating but just hold out and you might just get a chance

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for the positive outlook I can feel happy for even just being short listed whilst I play the waiting game I suppose!

ReputationRep:
    Hope everyone gets into the unis they want... I'm thinking there's a high possibility I'm not gonna get in anywhere this year tho :/ has
    Anyone thought about what they're planning to do if they don't get in?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know whether they accept people who have taken 3 years to do their a levels or do you have to do them in 2? It's just for things like medicine you can't resit the year

ReputationRep:
    Have you had an interview? Or do City not do so?! But I get you, it's just weird knowing they like you but they're not sure!

At least people have been rejected from City! So you're liked by them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djavor)
    Hope everyone gets into the unis they want... I'm thinking there's a high possibility I'm not gonna get in anywhere this year tho :/ has
    Anyone thought about what they're planning to do if they don't get in?
    We haven't heard from DMU! Stay positive! X

ReputationRep:
    Have you had an interview? Or do City not do so?! But I get you, it's just weird knowing they like you but they're not sure!

At least people have been rejected from City! So you're liked by them!
    I haven't had an interview, but I heard that they're not doing them this year? Yes, it's so weird! So frustrating as well! Especially since if they're not interviewing then I'm guessing they literally have until the May deadline which seems AGES AWAY hope your applications are going well!? X

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to all who have been receiving offers lately...fabulous news, very happy for you all. For the rest of us, let's keep on hanging on!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know whether they accept people who have taken 3 years to do their a levels or do you have to do them in 2? It's just for things like medicine you can't resit the year
    I've done my Alevels in 3 years.. I moved college after year 1 because the college I was at was awful, and then started again and I've got 2 offers and I think I must be on the 'maybe' pile for Leeds!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just heard back from BCU with an offer YIPPEE

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.