The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blissfully
sorry guys i was joking and then I kind of forgot about my comment :tongue:

all the other offer holder's day have been super casual :smile:

Haha I couldn't tell! I hope the other person sees your post before tomorrow otherwise they'll be in full suit...
Is anyone bringing friends/family to the offer holder day?
Roughly how long after their interview did everyone hear back?

Georges is my last chance :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Saywhatyoumean

Posted from TSR Mobile

around 10 days

although some people have heard back the next day after their interviews.

Posted from TSR Mobile

6 days

Posted from TSR Mobile

5 days for me, although they say maximum is 2 weeks

Original post by Athena97
Is anyone bringing friends/family to the offer holder day?

yeah parents :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep my last chance now aswell after a rejection from cardiff.....my interviews in a few weeks :eek: :eek:
Does anyone know if having a late interview (probably the last batch) has any effect on the chance of me getting an offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

2 weeks exactly
Original post by beansontoast92
Yep my last chance now aswell after a rejection from cardiff.....my interviews in a few weeks :eek: :eek:
Does anyone know if having a late interview (probably the last batch) has any effect on the chance of me getting an offer?

People were getting offers in may last year

I seriously wouldn't give up hope!
Original post by beansontoast92

Same here with the cardiff rejection :frown:

it shouldn't do

Good luck for your interview!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ryanb97
People were getting offers in may last year

I seriously wouldn't give up hope!

Same here with the cardiff rejection :frown:

it shouldn't do

Good luck for your interview!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is there anyone who still hasn't heard back after having an interview in February?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys

This is the link to thread for people who are on the post interview waiting list at St George's.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3197173#post_54278277

If you are on the waiting list, please vote your UKCAT score on this thread as it helps to see how your UKCAT score compares with others on the waiting list, and it also gives an idea of the proportion of applicants on the waiting list.
I withdrew to firm leicester - good luck to everyone on the waiting list 👍 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey all , can I have your advice If I have a chance when applying ? I'm very afraid of the UKCAT and i dont have much work experience at the moment. Oh and i will be applying as an international so Im afraid i might not get a place as competition is really intense
IGCSEs - 9A*
AS - Yet to have a forecast
Work Experience and Voluntary work - 7 days shadowing an ENT , Will be applying to a hospice to work once a week on weekend
( i did visit many orphanages as part of my school's LEO club but i am not sure if that counts )
Thanks in advance for anyone that replies me
Original post by JoySeeker
Hey all , can I have your advice If I have a chance when applying ? I'm very afraid of the UKCAT and i dont have much work experience at the moment. Oh and i will be applying as an international so Im afraid i might not get a place as competition is really intense
IGCSEs - 9A*
AS - Yet to have a forecast
Work Experience and Voluntary work - 7 days shadowing an ENT , Will be applying to a hospice to work once a week on weekend
( i did visit many orphanages as part of my school's LEO club but i am not sure if that counts )
Thanks in advance for anyone that replies me

Hey
I think in terms of academics, you do stand a good chance but more work experience would be better? I mean if the seven days was extremely insightful then Ok but just to be on the safe side, more medical work experience would be good. In terms of non-medical work experience, you should be fine. Why are you scared of the UKCAT? It's not that bad and you can take it quite early on - if you get a good score then apply, if not, it may not be a great idea. Hope that helps! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tmahmud
Hey
I think in terms of academics, you do stand a good chance but more work experience would be better? I mean if the seven days was extremely insightful then Ok but just to be on the safe side, more medical work experience would be good. In terms of non-medical work experience, you should be fine. Why are you scared of the UKCAT? It's not that bad and you can take it quite early on - if you get a good score then apply, if not, it may not be a great idea. Hope that helps! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for your advice :smile: are you awarenof how much emphasis St George puts on the UKCAT?
I have my interview coming up and I was just wandering do they use the WE Forms in the interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JoySeeker
Thank you for your advice :smile: are you awarenof how much emphasis St George puts on the UKCAT?

St George's use a UKCAT cut off. As long as your UKCAT score is not lower than the cut off, and you meet the academic requirements, you will be invited to interview.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending