Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it is 45 degrees, assuming you launch it from ground level. I just wanted to see what people would intuitively think, if they weren't a science person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blamethenargles)
    Congratulations!:hahaha: I still haven't had a hangover yet, I hope I'm immune or something
    Hah hangovers arnt great.. i didnt get them that much until after my 18th cause i drink more now than i used to :') but then i have friends who never get them and its so not fair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Yes, it is 45 degrees, assuming you launch it from ground level. I just wanted to see what people would intuitively think, if they weren't a science person.
    I intuitively thought 45 too, but then I thought this might be something of a set up and it ended up being something else.

No science A-levels but I loved Physics and Chemistry at GCSE.

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, in need of some advice...
    I really want to go to kings for geography, the requirements are: AAB
    In AS I achieved: A(Geography) B(English) B(Psychology) D(Biology)
    I dropped biology, is there a chance of me getting an offer, supposing that my predicted grades will be AAB ( I don't think I'll get an A in English!) Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RevisionMaster)
    Hey everyone, in need of some advice...
    I really want to go to kings for geography, the requirements are: AAB
    In AS I achieved: A(Geography) B(English) B(Psychology) D(Biology)
    I dropped biology, is there a chance of me getting an offer, supposing that my predicted grades will be AAB ( I don't think I'll get an A in English!) Thanks in advance!
    As long as your predicted grades are AAB then you're certainly in with a chance. With ABB there is a fairly high chance that you will achieve AAB if you work hard this year. More important now is your personal statement!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeFailFish)
    As long as your predicted grades are AAB then you're certainly in with a chance. With ABB there is a fairly high chance that you will achieve AAB if you work hard this year. More important now is your personal statement!
    Aah thanks! It's so stressful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RevisionMaster)
    Aah thanks! It's so stressful!
    I agree - the entire application process is nerve-wracking. But hopefully everything will go OK in the end...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simranchhugani)
    Yup I've done the UKCAT.. 2710, so not bad but not brilliant either :/ I'm now considering, imperial, ucl, Bristol and either Sheffield or Southampton, still unsure
    Ohh so 677.5 average. Imperial and UCL requrie BMAT so is that an option? The others seem like a good choice too. Try to avoid uni's which care a lot about UKCAT.

ReputationRep:
    If I changed teachers and classes in a subject from AS to A2, is that worth getting my reference to mention? Because I read something on the Manchester website that changing teachers part way through a course counts as mitigating circumstances in their eyes.

ReputationRep:
    If my predicted grades are A*A*A is it worth applying to both Imperial and Manchester\? just incase Imperial hate me

ReputationRep:
    Anyone willing to help me out with a quotient rule Q?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgiecat)
    If I changed teachers and classes in a subject from AS to A2, is that worth getting my reference to mention? Because I read something on the Manchester website that changing teachers part way through a course counts as mitigating circumstances in their eyes.
    I think it's quite common between AS and A2 to change classes and teachers, so I doubt it
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Planckton)
    Anyone willing to help me out with a quotient rule Q?
    I'll give it a go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O133)
    I'll give it a go.
    you're an angel!

edit: lol forgot to add the Q

y=((3x-2)^2)/sqrt x

differentiate with respect to x

I can differentiate it but cannot simplify it for the life of me!!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    you're an angel!
    Ask away...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O133)
    Ask away...
    edited my post above cause I'm stupid and forgot to ask :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm Beth. My AS results were A (Biology), A (Psychology), B (Chemistry) and B (History). I've dropped History and picked up AS Maths this year, and I'm hoping to achieve A* in both Biology and Psychology and at least an A in Chemistry. I'm getting really stressed out about personal statements because I want to apply to Oxford for Biochemistry (the B in Chemistry will probably reduce my chances, but it's worth a try anyway). I suppose the advantage of sending an early application, though, is that I won't need to stress about writing my personal statement when I've sent my application.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    you're an angel!

edit: lol forgot to add the Q

y=((3x-2)^2)/sqrt x

differentiate with respect to x

I can differentiate it but cannot simplify it for the life of me!!
    The simplification I have is (sqrt x)/2[27x^2-12x-4)

I'm not sure I can spot anything simpler, and I'm posting my working (by hand because I don't know LaTeX) because I've probably slipped up somewhere.

Do you have an answer to aim for?
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O133)
    The simplification I have is (sqrt x)/2[27x^2-12x-4)

I'm not sure I can spot anything simpler, and I'm posting my working (by hand because I don't know LaTeX) because I've probably slipped up somewhere.

Do you have an answer to aim for?
    Apparently the answer is ((9x+2)(3x-2))/2 sqrt (x^3)?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Apparently the answer is ((9x+2)(3x-2))/2 sqrt (x^3)?
    The brackets multiply to form the quadratic I had, but I really don't understand the square root bit (I had x^(1/2) and they have x^(-3/2)).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.