Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shamzy25)
    For the sympathomedullary pathway (SAM) I've said that the hypothalamus activated the SNS which travels to the adrenal medulla which releases adrenaline and noradrenaline, stimulating the fight or flight response. The effects of this include dilated pupils, increased heart rate and blood pressure and impaired digestion. If this is constant then it may lead to a heart attack or heart disease.

Is this enough?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd add at the end that after a few minutes the parasympathetic nervous system) is activated which relaxes the body
    Also I'd phrase the beginning like: Hypothalamus then sends nerve impulses to the SNS which releases noradrenaline. Also sends a nerve impulse to the adrenal medulla which then releases adrenaline, causing the fight or flight response etc

ReputationRep:
    My predictions for possible 12 markers:
    Definitions of abnormality
    Biological approach to psychopathology
    Psychological therapies
    workplace stress
    obedience to authority

ofcourse, this may not be accurate, just a guess

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering for an question on explantions into why people conform for A02 could you use ASCH's study to show informational social influence and normative social influence as evaluation.
    and then go into a little bit of detail about the validity issues of his study?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shamzy25)
    Do we need to know all of Jahoda's criteria for ideal mental health? I've only explained one of them which is personal autonomy. Do I also need to know environmental mastery and self-actualisation ???

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Personally, I think self-actualization is the most important as it's one of the main criticisms (some argue that hardly any people ever reach this, therefore, does this classify most of the population as abnormal?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noey123)
    if there is a question on outline and evaluate independent behavior what studies do we use?
    You could either explain why people resist the pressures to conform, which include internal locus of control (talk about Oliner and Oliners study). Social support of allies, outlining Aschs variation of his original study and reactance, outlining bushman and stack.

Or you could explain resisting the pressure to obey and all the studies involved.
    You dont have to talk about both explanations

ReputationRep:
    also a reminder to those who are struggling with dates, apparently if you don't state the date of a study you will not lose marks, however if you state the date and the date is wrong you may lose a mark. This is what I have been told and heard many of times and that is why I do not learn the dates as I am so bad with dates and I don't want to jeopardise my work

ReputationRep:
    Found this to be useful, from another thread, possible questions & answers for PSYA2
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx all possible questions - UNIT TWO.docx (49.9 KB, 106 views)

ReputationRep:
    What would everyone's desired 12 markers be? Mine are:
    Stress - Stress and the immune system
    Abnormality - Definitions of abnormality or outline and evaluate the biological/psychodynamic approach
    Social - Anything on Asch, Moscovici or Milgram!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know if Loopa have updated their predictions for unit 2?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if we're expected to know about DSM-IVR and ICD-10?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -MLS-)
    What would everyone's desired 12 markers be? Mine are:
    Stress - Stress and the immune system
    Abnormality - Definitions of abnormality or outline and evaluate the biological/psychodynamic approach
    Social - Anything on Asch, Moscovici or Milgram!
    Anything BUT
    ECT OR Independent behaviour

ReputationRep:
    Hi sorry I am really confused about Social influence:

Which essays do we actually need to know? For example I have a written essay for 'research into conformity' and then one for 'majority influence' with exactly the same content?!

If anyone could make me a list you would be a life saver.. thanks

ReputationRep:
    For psychological therapies in individual differences , do we need to know about all of the psychological therapies ? Or would they ask a general question where we could talk about any of the three.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marli-Ruth)
    Anyone know if Loopa have updated their predictions for unit 2?
    yeaah i just posted them scroll up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anymorefor123)
    For psychological therapies in individual differences , do we need to know about all of the psychological therapies ? Or would they ask a general question where we could talk about any of the three.
    they often ask 4 mark questions on each of the therapies specifically, so yeah you need all three

ReputationRep:

if this is helpful to anyone
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marli-Ruth)
    Anything BUT
    ECT OR Independent behaviour
    I actually love ECT! That question would be okay for you because you could focus on drugs (If it was outline and evaluate biological therapies). I understand what you mean about independent behaviour though

ReputationRep:
    I need help understanding and learning the Individual differences! I don't understand how people can remember so much stuff on this section of the paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FluorescentM)
    You could either explain why people resist the pressures to conform, which include internal locus of control (talk about Oliner and Oliners study). Social support of allies, outlining Aschs variation of his original study and reactance, outlining bushman and stack.

Or you could explain resisting the pressure to obey and all the studies involved.
    You dont have to talk about both explanations
    whats the ao2 for these? is it just evaluations of the studies described in ao1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheNoobishKnight)
    I did the exam last year, and thought I aced it out of the park but got a B. Here is my advice if you want to learn from my mistakes(hopefully you guys won't need it ), make sure you handwriting is neat and you have sufficient amount for the 12 marker. Also know meanings, all research methods properly like graphs and all that other crap .

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD luck!
    My handwriting isn't terrible but it can get a bit messy when I rush.... Why do you say this is important? I mean, obviously if they can't understand what you've written then that's not good but they don't mark you down for bad writing or anything, do they?
    I have a problem with time management in exams

Good luck this time around

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.