The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2161
Just saw MOTD.

I get that we got battered before this game, and that we made a few changes but ****ing hell.. Ozil could easily have had 5 more assists.

Thing is, most of our chances fell to Theo & Giroud - they should be finishing those all day long.

Our finishing is worrying tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2162
Gabriel's passion is just amazing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by atom y humber
Insinuating that wenger actually buys player.....

Last 2 players he bought were a defender and a goalkeeper. Heck last midfielder he signed was ozil.

Sanchez falls into that attacking midfield type too imo. Well defenders and GKs have been long over due. Was too busy buying midfield players before :colondollar:
Original post by Zerforax
Sanchez falls into that attacking midfield type too imo. Well defenders and GKs have been long over due. Was too busy buying midfield players before :colondollar:

No, that's just myth.
Wenger's last twenty purchases (not including youth players or low profile): 8 defenders, 5 wingers, 3 midfielders, 2 strikers, 2 goalkeepers. The myth that he only buys midfielders is a bit off the mark.

Original post by SA-1
Gabriel's passion is just amazing

Posted from TSR Mobile

Almost teared up myself at his hug with Bellerin. What he lacks in speaking ability, he makes up for in passion. Having him and Coquelin really brought fire to the team.
Original post by Tom.x.Gotze
Ozil is Bergkamp's heir. I remember when I was singing his praises last year despite people doubting he would come good, he has too much talent man, there is real beauty in his play reminiscent of the great statue outside the Emirates.

I feel with him you have to tell him you believe he is a beautiful player and tell him to express himself. Wenger is one of the best at that.

He's the closest we've had since Bergkamp, the only thing he doesn't have is that ruthless aggressive streak that Bergkamp had (elbows flying left right and centre come to mind). No matter how aggressive the opposition were, Bergkamp would never be bullied. Ozil on the other hand can be bullied out of a game (although it is happening less and less since he moved here).
Original post by Arkasia
Wenger's last twenty purchases (not including youth players or low profile): 8 defenders, 5 wingers, 3 midfielders, 2 strikers, 2 goalkeepers. The myth that he only buys midfielders is a bit off the mark.

Almost teared up myself at his hug with Bellerin. What he lacks in speaking ability, he makes up for in passion. Having him and Coquelin really brought fire to the team.

Do you have the list of names?
Reply 2168
Original post by Pete_91
He's the closest we've had since Bergkamp, the only thing he doesn't have is that ruthless aggressive streak that Bergkamp had (elbows flying left right and centre come to mind). No matter how aggressive the opposition were, Bergkamp would never be bullied. Ozil on the other hand can be bullied out of a game (although it is happening less and less since he moved here).

Was just going to comment on this.

While everyone has the right to be aroused by Ozil, he's no Bergkamp.

Greatest player to wear an Arsenal shirt.

Took him 7/8 games to get going, but when he did he went non stop. Would absolutely love him to come back one day

This shows what Dennis was about. Perfect touch, perfect turn, elbows raised, strength, skill and composure.

Original post by Zerforax
Do you have the list of names?

Cech
Gabriel
Ospina Debuchy Chambers Sanchez Welbeck
Kallstrom
Sanogo Flamini Viviano Ozil (Ajayi Macey)
Monreal
Podolski Giroud Cazorla
Eisfeld Henry
Jenkinson Gervinho Ox Campbell Chu-Young Santos Mertesacker Arteta
(edited 8 years ago)
Cc SA trolling.
Remember on boxing day when you thought the title was gone because of one bad result? That's why you don't overreact, kids.
Reply 2172
Original post by Rk2k14
Cc SA trolling.

What that Bergkamp is the greatest player ever to wear an Arsenal shirt?
Original post by SA-1
What that Bergkamp is the greatest player ever to wear an Arsenal shirt?

Forgetting Eboue like that.

Jheeez:colonhash:
28 players over 9 windows is quite impressive for arsene.
Elneny lost just one of his three games at English clubs (Liverpool, Tottenham, Chelsea). So he might just be the difference when we go to Anfield and "down the road". If not, expect more humiliating scorelines away to the big boys.
These players always play well against English team in Europa league. They give a real team effort but that says nothing about them as player.

Mbokani and Felaini gave one of the best performances I've ever seen at anfield a few years back.
I was watching MOTD this morning and although I'll profess I didn't watch the full match, looking at your highlights I would say your finishing was absolutely dreadful.

Özil as always was world class and he really should've had 3 or 4 assists in that game. Bournemouth's lack of quality was evident and they put you under no pressure on the ball whatsoever.
Walcott had exceptional movement but seemed to mess it up every time he touched the bloody ball!

On balance it obviously didn't matter but when you have a player like Özil supplying such effortless chances, you really need to be putting those away.
Throw £50m at Dortmund and sign Aubameyang and we win the league.
Reply 2179
Original post by Rk2k14
Forgetting Eboue like that.

Jheeez:colonhash:

Funniest thing about him was the way he'd foul someone, fall, and have that "what the **** did I do" look about him..

Latest