Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OCR A2 CHEMISTRY F324 and F325- 14th and 22nd June 2016- OFFICIAL THREAD watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cr7alwayz)
    What did people get for the proton splitting table? Definitely got the peak area column right
    Do you think they'll award marks for each correct column or for rows?
    rows

ReputationRep:
    Everyone's talking about how they got 2.66, Man like me got 26.6 (don't ask how lol). Probably lost about 4-5 marks though (hopefully)

Oh and how many marks was the one about nylon 6,6 and its uses?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adetutu)
    I know it was Nylon but I couldn't think of a use so I panicked and put e.g. Kevlar and said it's used to make crash helmets. I didn't know if it was Nylon specifically or polyamides in general
    It asked for the TYPE of condensation polymer, so polyamide is the correct answer. If it were to ask for the NAME of the polyamide then nylon would have been acceptable...

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for the proton splitting table? Definitely got the peak area column right
    Do you think they'll award marks for each correct column or for rows?
    Its done in rows i think in previous papers

Guys what's done is done
    Leave it
    Focus on your next exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anndz3007)
    Attachment 550013
    this is what i did, it matched to formula so i think it's right
    I got that too thank you

ReputationRep:
    For the chromatography question, I wrote that the reason why only two spots were shown was because similar compounds have similar Rf values. But then I got confused because none of the spots had a smear like in a past paper I did. So I crossed it out and said that the third amino acid wasn't soluble in the solvent. Is that right or wrong orrrr ... ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spwoosh)
    Exact same thing I got but I did it in skeletal formula.... Ffs I'm actually really scared I won't get the mark for it now because I also ****ed up elsewhere in the exam and I can't afford any more **** ups. Not even a mark because these boundaries are going to be the highest ever IMO
    Don't worry they won't be that high. I reckon 46 for an A.

ReputationRep:
    I know it was Nylon but I couldn't think of a use so I panicked and put e.g. Kevlar and said it's used to make crash helmets. I didn't know if it was Nylon specifically or polyamides in general

From specification "state the use of polyesters and polyamides asfibres in clothing" so I think just saying fibres is fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lai812matthew)
    rows
    I put them all as between 0.9-2ppm and I got doublet,doublet singlet but apparently there was a multiplet.I reckon it will be marked by row not collumn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spwoosh)
    Exact same thing I got but I did it in skeletal formula.... Ffs I'm actually really scared I won't get the mark for it now because I also ****ed up elsewhere in the exam and I can't afford any more **** ups. Not even a mark because these boundaries are going to be the highest ever IMO
    omg me too, there was some questions that now got me some deja vu, i know i fixed them but in the end i went back again and now i dont know if i still keep that right answer or i have changed it omg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fghj1)
    Can someone help please?
    From drawing the structure you posted it seems like it's correct, but maybe a bit confusing... some of the brackets are unnecessary i think.

ReputationRep:
    For the chromatography question, I wrote that the reason why only two spots was shown was because similar compounds have similar Rf values. But then I got confused because none of the spots had a smear like in a past paper I did. So I crossed it out and said that the third amino acid wasn't soluble in the solvent. Is that right or wrong orrrr ... ?
    i don't know this question so i go to the next page and saw they have given the identity of three amino acids, isoleucine and glycine have only 1 COOH and 1 NH2 groups. whereas xxxxxxx acid have 2 COOH and 1 NH2 groups. then i assume that is the reason which cause the similar adsorption ability, similar distance moved, they will overlapped blablabla

ReputationRep:
    For the difference between chemical synthesis and fermentation of sugars I think I wrote that fermentation of sugars uses renewable resources or something like that.
    i put the same ..
    is it right??

ReputationRep:
    was it necessary to display the ester group fully?Or could you put -C10H15?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FluffyCommie)
    From drawing the structure you posted it seems like it's correct, but maybe a bit confusing... some of the brackets are unnecessary i think.
    It is the mirror image of what a few seem to think is right
    CH3 CHCH3 CHOH CH3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1z3)
    From specification "state the use of polyesters and polyamides asfibres in clothing" so I think just saying fibres is fine
    Do you think that putting just 'clothing' would get the mark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by selenmer)
    Could you say that a use for polyamides is to make plastics?
    plastic is a bit of a vague term really.

The spec. talks about the use of polyesters and polyamides as fibres in clothing specifically. You might be right tho. I have never seen a similar questions before. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lai812matthew)
    i don't know this question so i go to the next page and saw they have given the identity of three amino acids, isoleucine and glycine have only 1 COOH and 1 NH2 groups. whereas xxxxxxx acid have 2 COOH and 1 NH2 groups. then i assume that is the reason which cause the similar adsorption ability, similar distance moved, they will overlapped blablabla
    oh yeah that makes so much sense lol I'm so stupid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abhula)
    if i remember correctly i think there wasn't enough carbon environments in the c nmr to be a straight chain? The number of environments was one less than the number of carbons in the compound. i could be wrong though

ohh **** there were 4 C environments ;-; fml man hopefully i get ecf

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.