The Official Cambridge Offer Holders Thread 2016 Entry MK II

University Navigation

Announcements

(Original post by Student403)
    Yeah but it costs even more doesn't it?
    I guess, but if your teacher checks it against the mark scheme, sees you should get more marks, remark and your marks go up, the money is refunded to you right?

And if it's not gone up, it's better to lose around £13 than £40+

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    I guess, but if your teacher checks it against the mark scheme, sees you should get more marks, remark and your marks go up, the money is refunded to you right?

And if it's not gone up, it's better to lose around £13 than £40+
    Yeah that's true :dontknow:

The only drawback is some teachers (as I'm sure you've experienced) are literally useless

Yeah that's true :dontknow:

The only drawback is some teachers (as I'm sure you've experienced) are literally useless
    Yeah lol if there's anything wrong with my chem marks this year I'm going straight to my AS teacher, not my A2 one. The guy was half lost throughout the whole year

Looking at the email I got last year again, there isn't actually enough time to check and then put in for remarks if a uni offer is on hold. I guess if someone meets their offer but thinks they should've got an extra A* or something, they can use that service

ReputationRep:
    Yeah lol if there's anything wrong with my chem marks this year I'm going straight to my AS teacher, not my A2 one. The guy was half lost throughout the whole year

Looking at the email I got last year again, there isn't actually enough time to check and then put in for remarks if a uni offer is on hold. I guess if someone meets their offer but thinks they should've got an extra A* or something, they can use that service
    first world academic problems

ReputationRep:
    Mathemagicien, did you change your profile pic just to mess with people's head? It's working. I am only seeing two triangles.

first world academic problems
    Haha indeed they are!
    Honest to God, if I met my offer, I literally wouldn't care if I got a crazily low mark in a unit I'm pretty certain of getting a high mark in (chem coursework lol)
    I wouldn't even care if I scraped my offer with 270, 270 (A2 Bio & Chem) and 480 Maths because, I met my offer :cry2:

(Original post by Insight314)
    Mathemagicien, did you change your profile pic just to mess with people's head? It's working. I am only seeing two triangles.
    Everything about this guy messes with my head

ReputationRep:
    So what have you all been up to then during the wait? Other than being driven insane with worry

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong with it?

Everything about this guy messes with my head
    High praise indeed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    So what have you all been up to then during the wait? Other than being driven insane with worry
    TSRing 24/7

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    What's wrong with it?

Surely the rest (the white triangles that complete the shape) is implied by symmetry?
    Nothing wrong with it! It's just funny that, if a person hasn't been accustomed to your usual profile pic, they would usually only see two triangles.

What's wrong with it?
    I see 4, 2 black, 2 white

High praise indeed
    If taking it that way makes you happy... :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Dank math

Listening to crappy music from the mainstream radios.

They're actually quite catchy

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how Edexcel do the Maths and Further Maths arranging of modules? Like would they prioritise getting an A* in FM over maximising UMS in standard Maths? Worrying a little about it because I think Edexcel are gonna be crappy and put my M2 module in with my A2 Maths and not A2 FM even though I think that's my best chance of an A* in FM (FP2 and FP3 are As at best and S2 maybe borderline A*) :-/
    EDIT: I know that you only need 3 A2 modules but I'm worried that FP2/3 and S2 would come out at an A and then they'd put M2 somewhere else

ReputationRep:
    Painting a lot - I feel like architecture should have been my calling instead of NatSci :P

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with it! It's just funny that, if a person hasn't been accustomed to your usual profile pic, they would usually only see two triangles.
    Ah, okay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhysicsIP2016)
    Does anyone know how Edexcel do the Maths and Further Maths arranging of modules? Like would they prioritise getting an A* in FM over maximising UMS in standard Maths? Worrying a little about it because I think Edexcel are gonna be crappy and put my M2 module in with my A2 Maths and not A2 FM even though I think that's my best chance of an A* in FM (FP2 and FP3 are As at best and S2 maybe borderline A*) :-/
    They all (afaik) prioritise getting the A* (and highest UMS) in Maths over getting it in FM.

There's some info here: http://www.furthermaths.org.uk/docs/...ary%202013.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    They all (afaik) prioritise getting the A* (and highest UMS) in Maths over getting it in FM.

There's some info here: http://www.furthermaths.org.uk/docs/...ary%202013.pdf
    Ah thank you It looks as though (if there is a chance of an A* in FM) they would give it and then maximise UMS in Maths without lowering the FM grade!

ReputationRep:
    TSRing 24/7
    No wonder why I keep seeing your name on the home page
    Dank math
    That's the answer I was expecting and wanted to hear from you, you never disappoint
    Listening to crappy music from the mainstream radios.

They're actually quite catchy
    They're mainstream because they're catchy I guess? I haven't listened to the radio in a long time, probably explains why I am no longer up to date with recent music and am made fun by my friends lol
    Any new favourite you picked up?
    (Original post by PhysicsIP2016)
    Painting a lot - I feel like architecture should have been my calling instead of NatSci :P
    Ohhh nice, art used to be my favourite subject back in primary school but I've lost all my talent in a black hole as I was getting more and more into science
    Any piece you could share with us?

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.