Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom)
    Where would I be without TSR to tell me these things? Bugger indeed. I've lost an hour of afternoon

I think it means there's now 9 hours time difference between me and my globetrotting boyfriend.... :confused: Those late night calls are going to get reeeeaaaallly late :dong:

ReputationRep:
    God I'm watching something about abortion (I have no idea why), I just want to vomit- how do people do that? It's just so sick. They cut a baby to bits then suck it out, what the hell is wrong with people? God I need a valium.

ReputationRep:
    I'm coldddddddddd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puppy)
    God I'm watching something about abortion (I have no idea why), I just want to vomit- how do people do that? It's just so sick. They cut a baby to bits then suck it out, what the hell is wrong with people? God I need a valium.
    Are you just concerned about watching it or are you actually a pro-lifer puppy? If the latter, that's very admirable, join the camp

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Are you just concerned about watching it or are you actually a pro-lifer puppy? If the latter, that's very admirable, join the camp
    Well I am and I'm not; I'm pro life as far as I'm concerned, I'd never have an abortion because it's totally sick (in my opinion), but I'd happily support a friend who went through with it because it's none of my business what someone else does. If they have all the information and have thought carefully about it then it's none of my business, I have no interest in forcing people to bring up unwanted kids that they can't afford. I do think it's murder (because the foetus has no choice), but that's the mother's choice to make so long as it can't live unsupported.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    I'm coldddddddddd.
    I'm boreddddddddddddddddd

And also way too sober... I should drink to wash down the valium.

ReputationRep:
    I love being a girl. I get to worry about May Ball dresses instead of revising.

ReputationRep:
    i get to decide between buying a May Ball dress and getting our boat surveyed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    dressdressdressdressdressdressdr essdressdressdressdressdressdres sdressdressdressdressdressdressd ressdressdressdressdressdressdre ssdressdressdressdress

what about your gorgeous pale blue one?

ReputationRep:
    dressdressdressdressdressdressdr essdressdressdressdressdressdres sdressdressdressdressdressdressd ressdressdressdressdressdressdre ssdressdressdressdress

what about your gorgeous pale blue one?
    lol, i clearly have to choose the survey- i want somewhere to live next year!

the light blue dress, known as my 'fantasy dress' cos it makes me look like an anime character, is completely see through between hip and just below the bust - its just lace. (james didnt choose it btw, :p: i bought it while shopping with my lil sis) if i can find something to wear underneath it that looks good i might wear it. Its quite subversive to wear a £5 Camden Market dress to one of Cambridge's biggest Balls teehee.

ReputationRep:
    Boatboatboatboatboat!

ReputationRep:
    lol, i clearly have to choose the survey- i want somewhere to live next year!

the light blue dress, known as my 'fantasy dress' cos it makes me look like an anime character, is completely see through between hip and just below the bust - its just lace. (james didnt choose it btw, :p: i bought it while shopping with my lil sis) if i can find something to wear underneath it that looks good i might wear it. Its quite subversive to wear a £5 Camden Market dress to one of Cambridge's biggest Balls teehee.

:love:

The point is it doesn't LOOK like a five quid dress. And it's all about being subversive.

I don't think you look anime I think you look like an english rose. :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    :love:

The point is it doesn't LOOK like a five quid dress. And it's all about being subversive.

I don't think you look anime I think you look like an english rose. :puppyeyes:
    aww thanks :hugs:

when i'm standing up wearing it, it looks more anime - and by that i mean kind of stylised and overemphasised, almost cartoon-like, but i still love it. it will certainly be easier (and cheaper) to find something to wear underneath it than to buy a whole new dress. still want to though... i love the idea of wearing something like this :
    but can't afford the £250

ReputationRep:
    You really can't tell that that's see-through, honestly people wear much more revealing stuff than that at May Balls!

It does look SLIGHTLY budget though, I have to say!

ReputationRep:
    aww thanks :hugs:

when i'm standing up wearing it, it looks more anime - and by that i mean kind of stylised and overemphasised, almost cartoon-like, but i still love it. it will certainly be easier (and cheaper) to find something to wear underneath it than to buy a whole new dress. still want to though... i love the idea of wearing something like this :
    but can't afford the £250
    Are you sure you're not being swayed by the fact that she has red hair too? I love corsetted dresses :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Are you sure you're not being swayed by the fact that she has red hair too? I love corsetted dresses :love:
    nah i actually just picked that dress at random, out of loads of similar ones at www.fairygothmother.co.uk which has a shop in Camden that I can't go in without drooling over all the pretty things!

and re: the budgetness, it was reduced from £50... :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I've looked and looked (albeit online) and there's nothing I've seen that screams 'minimo' yet :cry:

ReputationRep:
    I wish I was a man so I could wear white tie.

ReputationRep:
    I wish I was a man so I could wear white tie.
    but then unless you were gay you couldnt appreciate the men in white tie....

ReputationRep:
    and re: the budgetness, it was reduced from £50... :eek:
    I think it's the cotton, gives the impression of being more of a casual dress, which is what fooled me. I do love it though, and would wear something very similar if I could!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.