Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by starchild)
I feel so much better now things are sorted out... sighs
That's good news Siti.

Not Invented Yet it's good that you've managed to tell someone. It's great you've got someone you can tell without knowing the consequences would be bad.

Jonathan, hi it was not too good but seeing my psych on thursday so hopefully can raise some of the issues I had on holiday. How've you been?

(Original post by xemilyx)
You're not a failure :hugs: where are you going this time? are they aware of everything? It will work out! Plus you're going to do classics, we're a friendly bunch of people!

Lots of stuff going on.... but tonight it was the busyness of it all, and just feeling rubbish
:hugs: thanks Emily, but I've failed twice already, that makes me a failure. The uni isn't aware, I've filled out one of them DSA forms (they tell the uni right?) but I've still not sent it back. I dunno if it makes sense but like because it's in my head I don't like to think of it as a proper "disability", I don't want to send it because I don't want to own up to it.
guitargirl03
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Jeeze, I've been away for a while and I didn't realise we'd moved onto a second thread! :hugs: to everyone, it sounds like many people need them. I hate to say that i'm pretty happy at the moment. I've been with my boyfriend for 2 months today! and things are going brilliantly He's in New York at the moment, but he sent me a rose today saying that he can't wait to be back in my arms... Apparently he's sending me one for every day he's away... Anyhoo, I'm having a major issue with one of my housemates so that has tarnished my happiness a wee bit...

Anyhoo, :hugs: to everyone again xx
Mellow99
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I get a bit up and down, and i've found it hard being back in the U.K. since I got back from travels, n have responded through smoking, drinking and everything else too much. Can't be arsed any more though - i've been at the gym and swimming and stuff. Need a break from booze and cigs, and some time to crack on with my piles of books.

Bleh, it gets to me a bit how constantly grey it is at the moment, but at least it's not raining loads. Fair few friends have disappeared, are working tons or have lost contact, of late, and that's a bit... difficult, but i'm staying positive.

Seeing the Chemical Brothers live in less than a week; how can I be down?!
xemilyx
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hello, feeling poorly Got a really bad head and grr.
Going to see my nan in the hospital tonight, I hate hospitals. Haven't been to see anyone since Bampie... Anyways :hugs: to you all. I am pleased that you and David sorted things out siti
Saber, don't be silly!! Tell them, it will benifit you in the end, honestly. I will pm you something later to explain what I mean. In a bit of a rush now
Also, thanks Jonathan for not wanting me to vanish :hugs: I still want to though. Or to just sleep forever and ignore everything and everyone.

Bye x
Laus
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
Hello.

Bangers and Mash, you should have spoken to me in the backroom. I often saw you pop in but you disappeared too quickly!

I just had an epic sleep.

Sabertooth, where have you been?

I'm glad you're feeling better siti :jumphug:. I don't come on MSN much because it keeps playing up.

Laus
raspberrybubbles
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
So, I'm okay. Still tempted to jump off the bridge but not as strongly as yesterday. Had a huge screaming fit with the mother this morning, and she knows a bit, then passed it all off. Wondering whether I'm just a hypochondriac...
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hi Laus, how's it going? You were asleep all until now?! :eek: Sorry, I was staying with my dad after holiday and he has no internet.
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
*cuddles raspberry* hang in there sweetheart :hugs:

:hugs: for emily. Hope you feel better soon sweetie. Here if you want to talk.

Siti, I'm glad you're feeling better and have sorted things out with David :hugs:

Not Invented Yet, well done for being able to talk to your friend. Hopefully they'll be able to support you more now. :hugs:

Saber, I know what you mean about feeling like it's not a real 'disability' but if it effects you (which it obviously does) then you're just as entitled to support as someone with a physical disability. Just because it's a mental illness, it doesn't mean that you can control it with your mind and just make it go away. It's not as simple as that and you deserve support still. :hugs:

Guitargirl03, I'm so glad you're feeling better now. I hope things continue to go well for you :hugs:

:hugs: for Mellow99. I hope you feel better soon and you have a good time at the concert.

I hope you're feeling better after a long sleep Laus :hugs:
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs: for everyone, i have been reading posts, i hope everyone is ok :hugs:

my Mood is really on a tightrope tonight, i really cant see how its going to go, i could either be ok or one tiny thing will send me crashing down to the floor...except there is not safety net....or maybe you guys can be my safety net :hugs:
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs: for B&M. We'll be your safety net happily

I'm going to be away for a week now so if I'm not around don't worry. Take care everyone :hugs:
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
can't take this.
gooner1991
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Why am I so cursed?
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by gooner1991)
Why am I so cursed?
why are we all?

If I don't do something soon I'm going to od. got all the pills in front of me, only thing is sadly I know it won't kill me, this drug I can take up to 2000mg and it still won't kill me, I just want to be knocked out a bit, I don't want to feel anymore I wish I was dead but I can't even do that right. Take it or not?
gooner1991
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
why are we all?

If I don't do something soon I'm going to od. got all the pills in front of me, only thing is sadly I know it won't kill me, this drug I can take up to 2000mg and it still won't kill me, I just want to be knocked out a bit, I don't want to feel anymore I wish I was dead but I can't even do that right. Take it or not?
Please don't do it.PM me if you want to talk.Your posts are worrying me.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
why are we all?

Hey,

Please don't OD, it probably won't kill you, and it will just make the situation worse. I'm sure you know this really. Is it the voices again, or are you just feeling really bad?

You didn't succeed at uni the last two times because you were ill, not because you were a failure. You can get through all this, but you're going to need help, and I really think that you need to discuss things with the disability officer at your uni before term starts. They just want to help you, there's no need to feel bad about anything. :hugs:

I'm going to PM you my msn address in case you want to talk about anything, but please put the pills away, that isn't the answer to anything.

:hugs:
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Thanks jonathan, I really don't know what to do. It's the voices mainly, but I feel really bad; they're outside my window watching, but think I'm asleep so I'm ok now but so worried they might come in I don't want to be here anymore.

Uni I dont know, I don't see myself there I see myself dead that's all the future is. I hate talking to people so dont want to see the disability officer.

gah i feel like such a drama queen, im sorry guys.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Thanks jonathan, I really don't know what to do. It's the voices mainly, but I feel really bad; they're outside my window watching, but think I'm asleep so I'm ok now but so worried they might come in I don't want to be here anymore.

Uni I dont know, I don't see myself there I see myself dead that's all the future is. I hate talking to people so dont want to see the disability officer.

gah i feel like such a drama queen, im sorry guys.
There's no need to apologise. :hugs:

People at uni are there to help - they understand that it's sometimes hard to talk, and they should take that into account. Could a parent / medical helper talk to them first, to make it a bit easier?

:hugs: You're in my thoughts. :hugs:
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
thanks :hugs: how would i get in contact with these people? i guess i could get someone to go with me that would be better.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
thanks :hugs: how would i get in contact with these people? i guess i could get someone to go with me that would be better.
Are you still at Southampton? If so, have a look at this link http://www.soton.ac.uk/studentsuppor...ity/index.html

All uni's should have a similar page on their website, giving details of how to contact the relevant people.

:hugs:
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm not but i'll type the same thing in google for my uni and have a look. Thanks jonathan. I can take one of the early intervention team people with me maybe. Feeling a bit better atm, probably won't od tonight.thanks :hugs: How're you?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (316)
37.44%
No - but I will (66)
7.82%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.35%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (400)
47.39%

Watched Threads