(Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    And what are we talking about?
    accommodation email

I want one :stomp:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    accommodation email

I haven't got one either, but apparently it's not first-come-first-served.

Have some people got them already?

ReputationRep:
    accommodation email

:jumphug:

Don't worry, we're all waiting :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayshah31)

Don't worry, we're all waiting :o:
    :hugs:

Slow imperial makes me sad

I haven't got one either, but apparently it's not first-come-first-served.

Have some people got them already?
    I don't know anyone who has one but then at my school I think I am going to be the only one going to Imperial

ReputationRep:
    I don't know anyone who has one but then at my school I think I am going to be the only one going to Imperial
    Same.... after biochem kid decided to go to Bristol :p:

Should be soon anyway.

Know where you're applying?

ReputationRep:
    Same.... after biochem kid decided to go to Bristol :p:

Should be soon anyway.

Know where you're applying?
    Nope my policy of not looking still stands until I get the email :p:
    I don't have the booklet and not a huge fan of how it is laid out online so not bothered yet :p:

ReputationRep:

Slow imperial makes me sad

Me too

ReputationRep:
    Nope my policy of not looking still stands until I get the email :p:
    I don't have the booklet and not a huge fan of how it is laid out online so not bothered yet :p:
    Imperial are terrible with communications - really makes you wonder what the student support there is like, if it is even existent.

Anyway, I'm going to go and buy my teachers some stuff now, before I leave school. Catch you later.

ReputationRep:
    Imperial are terrible with communications - really makes you wonder what the student support there is like, if it is even existent.

Anyway, I'm going to go and buy my teachers some stuff now, before I leave school. Catch you later.

It took them over a month to reply to my query...

Oh well I am sure it will sort itself out :p:

Oh have fun. We tried to discover my chem teachers favourite gin for that purpose but failed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lostphotobooth)
    Just checked the first page, I'm not bold :eek:

Please bold me :yep:

That's for biochemistry by the way
    Aaah...I'm sorry! Just done it...sorry lol, I've been a little remiss in my duties as of late. Lets blame it on my lack of M3 doing abilities :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

what do you mean by student support?

ReputationRep:
    Student support, when on-site is great (well it has been for me). If you've any difficulties with academic subjects, there's a large number of peope within your department you can talk to, such as the administrative staff, your personal tutor and the departments senior tutor.

If you've any technical difficulties, there's a big, friendly ICT department that can help you repair damaged computers, recover corrupted files etc, or give you tips on improving the speed of your computer.

Pastoral care can also be taken care of by the union, and the chaplaincy, as well as your personal tutor again, and other students. Everyone here always seems to be willing to listen to you and help, even some of the more stricter-seeming staff members. They know that uni life is hectic, and that nearly all students need help at some point.

The problem is that people only remember when the college staff hasn't come up trumps for them, and forget when the college does do things right, so a lot of people may think the registry/accommodation section rubbish. However that said, interdepartmental communcation is terrible is some cases, and they can take a long time to get something done wrong, but they've got big jobs to do, so it's not completely their fault.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mithra)
    Oh my. Last minute or what? :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    Oh my. Last minute or what? :p:
    Just a bit :p:.

ReputationRep:
    Just a bit :p:.
    Still, at least you're decided now (as am I :w00t:). By the by, I never properly thanked you for those questions, so thanks. :yy: I keep meaning to send you an email back, but everything's been so hectic with me recently I haven't really had chance to remember. :sad:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    Still, at least you're decided now (as am I :w00t:). By the by, I never properly thanked you for those questions, so thanks. :yy: I keep meaning to send you an email back, but everything's been so hectic with me recently I haven't really had chance to remember. :sad:
    No problem . Thank you for the very nice rep :p:.

ReputationRep:
    No problem . Thank you for the very nice rep :p:.
    I put a lot of thought into that. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Still not email .....

ReputationRep:
    Still not email .....

Once again ...

Me neither :sad:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 26, 2010
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.