Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phd)
    Do you think they will inform some of the applicants after christmas holidays like mid January for the late Feb interviews?
    I've no idea when they'll inform them, it's possible some won't be informed til after Christmas but I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    I really am so stressed. I've been panicking about all the science revision for Cambridge on monday, and then I have my UEA three days later, which is a completely different style. I'm feeling a breakdown guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Andrew_)
    I really am so stressed. I've been panicking about all the science revision for Cambridge on monday, and then I have my UEA three days later, which is a completely different style. I'm feeling a breakdown guys
    *hugs* You'll be fine. Cram for Cambridge until Monday. Then take half a day off and then cram for UEA. You'll have Christmas off, so you can recouperate then. Just keep holding on. =] And good luck for Monday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munim)
    *hugs* You'll be fine. Cram for Cambridge until Monday. Then take half a day off and then cram for UEA. You'll have Christmas off, so you can recouperate then. Just keep holding on. =] And good luck for Monday!
    I'm actually going to die. I need to cram all of a level science on Friday, and Saturday

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually going to die. I need to cram all of a level science on Friday, and Saturday
    Just don't panic too much and take loads of breaks! You don't want to break your brain before the interview! =S That wouldn't be good. Lol!

I think you'll be awesome, like you have been in the past when you've been threating like this. Remember the bio exams? And what did you get in unifying concepts? 120/120 was it? Hmm.. And you were worried?! Lol! I think this is one of those situations. I'm sure you give yourself less credit than you should.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    IMO, the UEA interview is more how you can apply what you know to the situation at hand. So you don't really need to cram and stress yourself out worrying that you are gonna forget it all. I assume you know the core concepts of most things anyhow. So just learn how to reflect and what they are looking for (I think they have a list on their website). I did one question completely off of the top of my head XD and still managed to be talking when I had to move.

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody got a rejection from UEA?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phd)
    Has anybody got a rejection from UEA?
    no one yet!

Don't lose hope for an interview, they interview till March apparently (although they claim only till the end of Feb)

ReputationRep:
    id love to get a uea interview, but if not im satisfied with what i have already

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Presidential)
    id love to get a uea interview, but if not im satisfied with what i have already
    what's that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phd)
    what's that?
    Hyms and Liverpool interviews

ReputationRep:
    Just checked my mail and noticed one from the admissions staff at UEA. My interview has been rearranged for either the 17th or the 18th of December!!!! It says that there were shortages on these two dates because of people rescheduling. I didn't really want to take a "risk" and say no so I've agreed to the 18th and sent them an e-mail. Oh well, I'm prepared for it and the earlier I get it over with the better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hygeia)
    I've no idea when they'll inform them, it's possible some won't be informed til after Christmas but I don't know.
    Do you have any idea how UEA set their interviews, like in several batches or randomly???

Really worried

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toby_ling)
    Just checked my mail and noticed one from the admissions staff at UEA. My interview has been rearranged for either the 17th or the 18th of December!!!! It says that there were shortages on these two dates because of people rescheduling. I didn't really want to take a "risk" and say no so I've agreed to the 18th and sent them an e-mail. Oh well, I'm prepared for it and the earlier I get it over with the better.

Afternoon, or morning?

ReputationRep:
    Afternoon, or morning?
    It didn't say when it was on the day. I think they were waiting for my initial agreement. So I'm expecting a confirmation of the time in the coming week.

When is yours btw?

Edit: Just realised you have it on the same day lol!! What time is yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medstar)
    Do you have any idea how UEA set their interviews, like in several batches or randomly???

Really worried
    It seems like they've been sending batches, but I can't say for certain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onebleach3)
    Anyone got any tips for UEA interview, I've read the Wiki information about it and looked at the example questions. I think looking through your personal statement and preparing for the generic questions is the first move. Anyone else got anything to add to this?
    From what i can remember of my interview last year
    There might be an ethical scenario which you have to discuss so be prepared for that (don't go in expecting to just talk about you/doctors)

Also the question that caught me out was about the amount of time a first year medical student will get in primary/secondary care setting at UEA!

ReputationRep:
    I'm scared guys. My Cambridge interview didn't go well, and now I'm worried about mucking up this Friday at UEA..

ReputationRep:
    I'm scared guys. My Cambridge interview didn't go well, and now I'm worried about mucking up this Friday at UEA..
    Remember that the UEA interview is very different from a Cambridge interview and expects completely different things from you so you can't compare them!

From my own experience, the more you dwell on errors in one, the more likely you are to muck up another so you've just got to try and put what happened today to the back of your mind and switch to thinking about how brilliantly you're going to do on Friday (think positive!). I'd had 3 rejections including 2 post interview before my UEA one and just had to try and completely forget about them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hygeia)
    Remember that the UEA interview is very different from a Cambridge interview and expects completely different things from you so you can't compare them!

From my own experience, the more you dwell on errors in one, the more likely you are to muck up another so you've just got to try and put what happened today to the back of your mind and switch to thinking about how brilliantly you're going to do on Friday (think positive!). I'd had 3 rejections including 2 post interview before my UEA one and just had to try and completely forget about them.

Yeah, very true. My mum just said I should use today as a warm up for Friday. Hopefully at UEA, they will be slightly more friendly and encouraging My cousin has warned me of someone Heyling? Should I be scared:eek:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 27, 2013

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.