Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelski786)
    EXACTLY:yep:
    Add to this: Prophet pbuh passed away in her leap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mackeroo)
    Lmaoooo! If someone makes a video about it on youtube it must be true!

Get over yourself. I pity you.
    are you an idiot? The video makes citations and gives sources, which you can verify for yourself.

Has wikipedia given you citations and sources of the claim?

Thats the difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Nebula)
    But he ragged her senseless when she was nine.
    People like you know nothing seriously. You look at something at believe it straight away. The reason is becuase you want to latch onto anything you can so you can express your islamophobia.

Have you actually looked into and read these hadiths or are you a sheep who just follows?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CombineHarvester)
    This is incorrect. Paedophilia definitely exists in the animal kingdom, off the top of my head it's very common in bonobos for instance.
    You'd be interested to know that suicide bombing also exists in the animal kingdom

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carpent...Exploding_ants
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Globitermes_sulphureus

ReputationRep:
    People like you know nothing seriously. You look at something at believe it straight away. The reason is becuase you want to latch onto anything you can so you can express your islamophobia.

Have you actually looked into and read these hadiths or are you a sheep who just follows?
    I'm sorry, you're the one the takes an ancient book of lies and fear mongering as the divine word of the almighty, and I'm the sheep?

When exactly did the person defending a paedophile take the high road?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    No when she grew up, why did she dedicate her self to Islam to become a reputed scholar. Surely had she felt that she was molested she would've abhorred the Prophet for what he did and instead went into a life of seclusion or even more would've criticized him?

And it wasn't Prophet Mohammed who thought it was fine, she was offered to him by her parents. And it was her mother that made the offer inconjunction with her father.

If indeed the marriage of Aisha was something which was despicable even at that time and in that culture, this fact would never have been recorded for posterity and all efforts to conceal or cloud it would have been undertaken.

But the fact that this hadith had reached us after it was recorded centuries ago and to all the Muslim generations in between proved that the marriage was culturally and morally acceptable and the fact is also that the Muslim community at that time remained unshakened in its faith in his Prophethood and the message which he had brought bear testimony to this assertion.

And the fact that she had spoken so dearly of the Prophet was indicative of the innocence of the marriage and of the impeccable character of her husband .She could have unleashed a vengeful attack against him by attributing to him words or deeds of horrendous nature if indeed she was a victim of his supposed lust, destroying both the Prophet and Islam.

No sexual abuse victim would ever spoke positively of her attacker, much less becoming a channel that promote love and understanding of him and the message which he had brought."
    People can absolutely become attached to people that abuse them, especially if they don't know any different and their parents have told them it's normal.
    Ad you have implied yourself, it wasn't seen as dispicable at the time, as it isn't in many Islamic countries today either...so there would be no reason to 'cover it up.'

I'm not going to post again on this thread because I'm not passionate enough about the subject. I don't reall care if people want to believe in religion, but cannot stand people trying to push it down other people's throats.
    It's really not worth the effort to argue about something written in a book centuries ago, which may or may not be true.

ReputationRep:
    On the point of suicide bombings, it was the japanese who brought suicide bombings into the middle east. Suicide bombings were used in ww2 aswell.

ReputationRep:
    People can absolutely become attached to people
    that abuse themespecially if they don't know any different and their parents have told them it's normal
    Well surely after her parents died she would've been exposed to reality of her plight by those around and closest to her? This clearly wasn't the case and I disagree with your idea that people can become attached to something that brings harms to them.

Ad you have implied yourself, it wasn't seen as dispicable at the time, as it isn't in many Islamic countries today either...so there would be no reason to 'cover it up.'
    It was perfectly legal to marry a 10 year old 150 years ago in the United States, besides the age of consent in Japan for instance is 13.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Nebula)
    I'm sorry, you're the one the takes an ancient book of lies and fear mongering as the divine word of the almighty, and I'm the sheep?

When exactly did the person defending a paedophile take the high road?

lol u really are an idiot. You make the claim he was a paedophile using an ancient hadith which has shown to be inaccurate. OWNED

ReputationRep:
    People can absolutely become attached to people that abuse them, especially if they don't know any different and their parents have told them it's normal.

I'm not going to post again on this thread because I'm not passionate enough about the subject. I don't reall care if people want to believe in religion, but cannot stand people trying to push it down other people's throats.
    It's really not worth the effort to argue about something written in a book centuries ago, which may or may not be true.
    so why the hell do you make the claim he was a paedophile on a hadith written centruies ago?

ReputationRep:
    are you an idiot? The video makes citations and gives sources, which you can verify for yourself.

Has wikipedia given you citations and sources of the claim?

Thats the difference.
    I suggest that in the future you do some research before making any false claims. Wikipedia does make citations and gives sources.

It's not like it's some book that somebody wrote because an angel told them to...oh wait that's the Qur'an!

ReputationRep:
    so why the hell do you make the claim he was a paedophile on a hadith written centruies ago?
    Because he was :p:

ReputationRep:
    Just to annoy people like you.

ReputationRep:
    I suggest that in the future you do some research before making any false claims. Wikipedia does make citations and gives sources.

It's not like it's some book that somebody wrote because an angel told them to...oh wait that's the Qur'an!
    U dont understand. That source all of u keep talking about is inaccurate. There are many, many hadiths which contradict it.
    Why do u believe that ONE over the many others which state different.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Mahyor)
    In that case, religious people should drop the claim that we get our morals from religion.
    Yes they should and no religion should force their belief's down anothers throat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Yes they should and no religion should force their belief's down anothers throat.
    I completely agree.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    Well surely after her parents died she would've been exposed to reality of her plight by those around and closest to her? This clearly wasn't the case and I disagree with your idea that people can become attached to something that brings harms to them.
    Never heard of Stockholm syndrome? An extreme example but still.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadowman786)
    Afaik, Aishah (RA), was 6 when she married but 9 (and menstruating) when the marriage was consumated. Islamically, girls become women and boys become men when they hit puberty, and therefore, the full range of Islamic rules now include them.

As for 'paedophilia', you can find countless examples, even here in the West, the bastion of freedom and democracy that marrying children was allowed, possibly even encouraged. I don't think it makes a difference at that moment in time because of social acceptance, much like the hunting and burning of 'witches' in the West. We might not accept it now, but it was socially acceptable then.

As for why would the Prophet (pbuh) marry the child of a man who was already fully committed to him. Well, in the West, did the Royal Families not marry to strengthen bonds, relationships and strategic alliances? And even if it was for the simple fact that the Prophet (pbuh) did in fact love her (as he did), she was of womanly age when the marriage was consumated, according to Islam. I know this is hard for people to accept and understand but the Prophet (pbuh) was not following 20th/21st century law when this marriage took place...trying to apply a recent law retroactively makes you look far sillier than the people who accept that it was the laws and social acceptance of that time period.

Last but not least. OP. Stupid topic and I really wish Muslims would stop trying to apologise or defend our faith. We don't have to. We believe in Allah and as far as I'm concerned, only what Allah thinks of me matters. These people who disagree have no affect on my life whatsoever...if someone is genuinely interested in Islam and asks you for advice or information, then as a Muslim, speak with them, debate with them, tell them the truth. But don't make stupid threads, designed to apologise for our faith.

And one final point - suicide bombers. Allah knows best, but afaik, all suicide bombers achieve...is suicide, a crime for which Allah will never forgive you. Suicide bombings (from an Islamic perspective) are a last gasp military action for a specific military purpose. i.e, suicide bombings in wartime, in say Iraq/Afghanistan/Palestine, for a specific military objective is legitimate (such as being the only way to destroy a supply depot that is crucial to your enemies). Suicide bombings on civilian targets is not legitimate at all, and anyone who believes it is, or believes it is representative of Islam is misguided.
    Man, I triple ditto this one.

This is a perfect note for me to end this thread on.

ReputationRep:
    You base your views on an inaccurate hadith. Why do you believe that hadith over the others? Many hadiths in the same Bhulkari books contradict this? So, give me a reason why you believe that one and not the others?
    I find you to be incredibly boring.

You are the worst of people, whereby you don't consider other peoples comments but instead blindly spout what little knowledge you have attained, using somebody else's evidence and theory and passing it off as your own.

Most of all...answer me this. Whether Aisha (RA) was 6, 9 or 20 at the age of her marriage, how exactly does that affect your practicing of Islam and indeed, how does it affect any part of Islamic law?

Does the age of Aisha (RA) have any practical relevance to our lives, except to defend Rasoolullah (SAW) from people that it's not worth spending time on and who don't even know who she is.

Frankly, this entire thread has been pointless and you...do nothing worthy for Islam, except concentrate on fuelling debate on the most useless of subjects, with no practical relevance to Islam or to your own Imaan.

IF you had started a thread entitled 'The beauty of Islam' or 'The proof of God' and provided compelling, thoughtful evidence for an intriguing subject and a useful debate, then you would have achieved something honorable. As it is, you've achieved a thread in which people have come to insult the Prophet, make useless comments on something they don't care about and in which you have shown yourself to have next to no debating skills whatsoever. Congratulations.

This is the last time I will grace this useless thread.

Goodbye!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadowman786)
    I find you to be incredibly boring.

You are the worst of people, whereby you don't consider other peoples comments but instead blindly spout what little knowledge you have attained, using somebody else's evidence and theory and passing it off as your own.

Most of all...answer me this. Whether Aisha (RA) was 6, 9 or 20 at the age of her marriage, how exactly does that affect your practicing of Islam and indeed, how does it affect any part of Islamic law?

Does the age of Aisha (RA) have any practical relevance to our lives, except to defend Rasoolullah (SAW) from people that it's not worth spending time on and who don't even know who she is.

Frankly, this entire thread has been pointless and you...do nothing worthy for Islam, except concentrate on fuelling debate on the most useless of subjects, with no practical relevance to Islam or to your own Imaan.

IF you had started a thread entitled 'The beauty of Islam' or 'The proof of God' and provided compelling, thoughtful evidence for an intriguing subject and a useful debate, then you would have achieved something honorable. As it is, you've achieved a thread in which people have come to insult the Prophet, make useless comments on something they don't care about and in which you have shown yourself to have next to no debating skills whatsoever. Congratulations.

This is the last time I will grace this useless thread.

Goodbye!
    Passed of others theory as my own? Show me one example? I got my evidence from the video and provided a link?

Are we not allowed to discuss our history?

I also think you misunderstood why I made this thread. I was showing that the hadith muslims and non-muslims use to state Aeishas age is inaccurate and showed not be trusted. I was also trying to explain to another poster that every hadith in the Bukhari hadiths are not accurate as some people were saying.

I don't consider other people's points? Can you show me one example?

Would making a thread of beauty of Islam not have people coming here and bashing Islam?

You shouldn't have spent time writing your post because it is basically a waste of space.Congratualtions!

Poll
Do you have a role model?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.