The Student Room Group

OCR A2 Economics - F585 Global Economy - Case Study Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by king101
Do you think i would get the marks for saying for the firsy one;
With the restrictions put in place i means goverment expenditure is reduced when in times of reccesion to prevent them from borrowing for current expenditure..which prevents crowding out and hence does not raise the cost of interest rates meaning economic stability is promoted since lower interest rates and lower cost of investment hence promoting economic stability then i wrote like even when in a boom prevebts goverment spending surpluses....

for second point.. i put down like reduce goverment exp meana budget deficit reduce meaning national debt reduce hence fdi hence emploument greater investmeny hence promote economic development....

Also for the q about different between budget deficit and national debt what you put down? I wrote national debt is an accumulation of all budgrt deficits and hence how much the goverment owes as a result of borrowing..and a budget deficit where goverment except nditure exceeding tax receipts funded by borrowing therfore the national debts.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You haven't really explained how economic stability is promoted. I mean economic stability is the avoidance of the volatility of key macro variables in order to reduce uncertainty and promote investment.

Yes interest rates don't go up, but you haven't explained how that means there won't be volatile stimulants of AD, thus inflation employment and growth are kept stable. THAT will promote stability.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iP
Reply 201
Wow, grade boundaries estimate?
Original post by Jsavidge
Wow, grade boundaries estimate?

Grade Bounderies will be as normal:

43 marks out of 60 to achieve 80 UMS (an A)
Reply 203
hi guys am i right in saying that budget deficit is the difference between government spending and total revenue.

Plz reply quickly this is really bugging me
Original post by rber
hi guys am i right in saying that budget deficit is the difference between government spending and total revenue.

Plz reply quickly this is really bugging me

Yes but the total revenue is only counted from tax receipts, so total revenue is right but tax receipts is more specific as the budget deficit does not include revenue from aid etc.
Reply 205
Original post by mastereconomist
Yes but the total revenue is only counted from tax receipts, so total revenue is right but tax receipts is more specific as the budget deficit does not include revenue from aid etc.

thankyou for your reply, so does that mean i will get 2 marks
Yes you will, i am only being pedantic for your benefit for future general knowledge. Nothing wrong with being too right.
Reply 207
Original post by mastereconomist
Yes you will, i am only being pedantic for your benefit for future general knowledge. Nothing wrong with being too right.

Shouldnt it be goverment expenditure exeeding tax receipts? Btw are u a student or eco teacher?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by king101
Shouldnt it be goverment expenditure exeeding tax receipts? Btw are u a student or eco teacher?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am just a Upper sixth Economics Student at a Comprehensive school.
And yes a Government Deficit is when Government Spending exceeds Revenue gained from tax receipts.
Did anyone find the questions were worded really poorly in this paper? I found that some of them were really vague or unclear..
Reply 211
see you in the summer!
'HiGh_ScHoOl.
;41311733']Did anyone find the questions were worded really poorly in this paper? I found that some of them were really vague or unclear..

Yes i agree with you, I had to read the questions several times to grasp what they were after, so just make sure your answers answered the question, the best way to do this is to start your sentence with the question so you are referring to it directly.
The last question said "most effective way" just seen it! What's likely to be the cap for just writing about FDI?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
The Cap will be 8 marks max, unfortunately they do not allow over half marks of the question (9marks) if the questions has not be answered correctly.
Teacher reckons 14 and she marks the papers

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Well chose who you want to believe, tell me what result you get then we will see who was right (me). I know you would like to believe the teacher more, as this works in you favour but unfortunately they have to put a limit on what you can get when the question hasnt been addressed properly, and no way can you get 14 (75% of marks) by not mentioning the pros and cons of other policies that promote development other than FDI.

Sorry but you will be lucky to get 10 marks. Im sure your teacher is just trying to reassure you and give you confidence.
Reply 217
I'm just about to start this course...we have already got a past paper to look at! Bit confused as to how to answer the last two part question- there's a part i) and ii)....do you write separate essays for the two or combine both elements in one long essay? thank you!! :smile:
Reply 218
Got a B - 74 ums . Very happy with my Grade in especially this hardest exam

What did everyone else get?
Reply 219
72 ums :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending