Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2011 Graduate Entry Medicine Applicants - Interviews, Offers etc. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaRoar)
    I've got my interview there tomorrow and I've been a nervous wreck today so you have no idea how happy your post has just made me, thank you!

Did they say when they're expecting to let you know by?
    Really, you don't need to worry...its the nicest interview ever. The best thing you can do is relax and be yourself!

Oh and there is a tiny written exercise BUT its ok its not for use this time apparently they are just testing whether it is a good indicator.

They said we would know in the next few weeks. Someone said they have their interview on 24th their so I guess it will be after that.

Let me know how it goes

ReputationRep:
    i just had an email from warwick asking consent to swap data with barts by next week..what does this mean??
    btw i do have an interview at barts 18th feb

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carr-Agger)
    i just had an email from warwick asking consent to swap data with barts by next week..what does this mean??
    It means they'd consider you based on your Barts interview, rather than doing the whole process again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apotoftea)
    *Cambridge 4 year - unsuccessful
    *SGUL GEP - missed GAMSAT cut off so unsuccessful
    *Notts GEP - see above
    *Soton BM4 - acknowledged and waiting :s

Pretty much accepted the fact that I'll be applying for 2012 entry
    would you mind sharing your qualifications/work experience with me?
    cambridge is where i would like to do GEM in the future so i want to know as much as possible about being successful

ReputationRep:
    Warwick interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamuelDeakins)
    would you mind sharing your qualifications/work experience with me?
    cambridge is where i would like to do GEM in the future so i want to know as much as possible about being successful
    With regards to my Cambridge application, my A-levels were awful which I think was probably the first marker of a rejection. That and my statement for their application was pretty rushed (a last min app as I had run out of options). I've got a Master's in History.

I know a number of people who were rejected last year with Firsts, straight As at A-level etc. I believe they're quite hot on the whole deal - lots of work experience, academics and the two personal statements.

Seham has an offer for the Cambridge GEM so she might be worth contacting

Also, FWIW, the Cam GEP is still very much a traditional course and it needs researching fully. I wouldn't choose it just so you can go and study at Cambridge. Think about whether you want to be doing the first year of their Science degrees or getting clinical/patient contact from the start In a way, I'm glad I never had to make a decision over studying there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Happy Insomniac)
    It means they'd consider you based on your Barts interview, rather than doing the whole process again.
    ok so is that basically a warwick interview

ReputationRep:
    ok so is that basically a warwick interview
    Pretty much. They do the information-sharing thing, so you essentially have two interviews in one (in that Barts forwards your interview scores to Warwick and they use them as if they'd interviewed you themselves).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apotoftea)
    With regards to my Cambridge application, my A-levels were awful which I think was probably the first marker of a rejection. That and my statement for their application was pretty rushed (a last min app as I had run out of options). I've got a Master's in History.

I know a number of people who were rejected last year with Firsts, straight As at A-level etc. I believe they're quite hot on the whole deal - lots of work experience, academics and the two personal statements.

Seham has an offer for the Cambridge GEM so she might be worth contacting

Also, FWIW, the Cam GEP is still very much a traditional course and it needs researching fully. I wouldn't choose it just so you can go and study at Cambridge. Think about whether you want to be doing the first year of their Science degrees or getting clinical/patient contact from the start In a way, I'm glad I never had to make a decision over studying there.

thanks very much for sharing that
    Im still in my first year of an undergrad degree at the moment so I guess I have plenty of time to research different courses etc :P

Good luck with your medicine career

ReputationRep:
    Hi Im a little late to the party here but I figured I'd lurked about long enough that I should probably post....

My applications are:
    KCL - Interviewed 12/1/11
    Warwick - Interview 23/3/11
    Leicester - Acknowledged

Cant believe I've even got this far to be honest
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Warwick interview :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Yay Seham, congrats!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dremily)
    Hey,
    I am checking spam too Still nothing! Weird....I might email them tomorrow.
    Do it, try calling them as well. I had a letter saying the same as the email as well yesterday, so about a week later...

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone who had a GEP interview at King's how they thought it went?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seham)
    Warwick interview :woo:
    Congrats! How did you hear?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Happy Insomniac)
    Yay Seham, congrats!
    Thanks

(Original post by medicine2011)
    Congrats! How did you hear?
    Thanks... e-mail.

ReputationRep:
    Had Newcastle and Durham this week.

Absolutely hammered Durham, could only have gone slightly better imo.

Got drilled at Newcastle. Got three ethical scenarios and two questions about NHS funding, they played bad cop, not-so bad cop with me and the bad cop completely smashed me and questioned everything I had written and said.

Conversely, someone I know from uni who also browses this forum (though he doesn't know who I am here, so if he sees this, it'll be a giveaway) said he had really nice people and they were just asking questions about him and stuff.

I also said something really condescending by accident at the end of my interview and had to quickly change the subject in order to make up for it and hoped the other guy would forget.

I need the offer from Newcastle, so badly. Which I don't see happening going on how much I was grilled. Don't think I'll getting an offer though. It seemed okay when I came out of the interview, but the more I think, the worse it gets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gandz)
    Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone who had a GEP interview at King's how they thought it went?
    Yeah I did, it was good! The interviewers were nice, it was quite a relaxed atmosphere with most of them... The time seemed to go by so quick though.
    None of the things they asked were things I'd prepared for, but I found I had fairly organic responses anyway. It was a good experience, fingers crossed I get an offer

Did you interview for it too?

ReputationRep:
    Warwick haven't contacted me. Freaking out.

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask your UKCAT score?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.