9.32%
    France Grand Slam
    3.39%
    Italy Title
    1.69%
    Italy Grand Slam
    4.24%

ReputationRep:
    Wales, another woeful performance. We are getting very lucky lately. Italy deserved to win that game, and would have if they had had better luck with the kicking. Very frustrating time to be a Welsh supporter with the WC coming up, but at least we got the win...

Fairdoos to the English. Played another solid game and put away the French, they were the better side at the end of the day. *grumbles*

And Scotland again.... they are so bloody frustrating to watch! 'Nuff said I think. Stupid mistakes and bad communication leading to some simple Irish tries, and again a try-less game from them. They are going to get butchered in Twickenham. Only reason they kept in the game today was because of Irish indiscipline. Come on you Scots, make me eat my words in two weeks' time!

ReputationRep:
    Really disappointed by Ireland today. Sure, we won, but it was by the skin of our teeth again and we gave away so many damn penalties. We were lucky to win at the end. We need to get a handle on our discipline and how to catch balls, as well, god damnit. However, I am now a new convert of Reddan's, seeing how much fast balls he was playing out there today. Really impressed me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    Really disappointed by Ireland today. Sure, we won, but it was by the skin of our teeth again and we gave away so many damn penalties. We were lucky to win at the end. We need to get a handle on our discipline and how to catch balls, as well, god damnit. However, I am now a new convert of Reddan's, seeing how much fast balls he was playing out there today. Really impressed me.
    Do you still think Ireland will "crush" England?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    Do you still think Ireland will "crush" England?
    Course. Home advantage; England's wonderful ability to choke in all things sporting. It's in the bag, man. Hehe.

Now the posturing is done, I reckon it'll be a close game but England will win. They're on form and playing beautifully. Can't find much fault with them, though like yon other girl is saying, that could be their downfall.

ReputationRep:
    I just don't know what to say about Scotland. Always the same i guess - so much promise but fail to deliver when it really matters.

We were only kept in the game due to Ireland's indiscipline and Chris Paterson's boot. Think the occasion got to Jackson, as i didn't think his kicking game was any good. Could tell the centre partnership hadn't played together before and the scrums were a mess (weren't helped by Nigel Owen though). Poor defence work for all the tries and until the last 10 mins, going forward wasn't all that much better. I fear a thrashing at Twickenham and sadly think Italy might also beat us.

As a Scot, it pains me to say that it will probably be an English Grandslam! Gutted. I'm gonna want to smash the tv in when i see Inverdale and Guscott's smug faces. Sigh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dreamyeyed)
    the scrums were a mess (weren't helped by Nigel Owen though).
    And I quote 'Get closer please, closer, CLOSER! Come closer or it will be a free kick' :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna want to smash the tv in when i see Inverdale and Guscott's smug faces. Sigh.
    This. Massively this. Ugh.

Ireland were far from clinical again today. D'Arcy was invisible, but at least that's a step up from woeful. O'Brien played pretty darned well though, and that was O'Connell's best game since his injury return too.

Why we didn't play as well as we did vs. France going forward I'll never know, we just weren't really dominating the contact area. Perhaps the French defence is even worse than what we've been saying it is.

Still, 3 tries and a win I suppose. Bring on the Welshies!

ReputationRep:
    the scrums were a mess (weren't helped by Nigel Owen though).
    I can imagine Brian Moore would have a few choice words to say about the scrums that took place in that particular match.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    This. Massively this. Ugh.

Ireland were far from clinical again today. D'Arcy was invisible, but at least that's a step up from woeful. O'Brien played pretty darned well though, and that was O'Connell's best game since his injury return too.

Why we didn't play as well as we did vs. France going forward I'll never know, we just weren't really dominating the contact area. Perhaps the French defence is even worse than what we've been saying it is.

Still, 3 tries and a win I suppose. Bring on the Welshies!
    Please, please beat the Welsh. That is all I ask of Ireland.

ReputationRep:
    Please, please beat the Welsh. That is all I ask of Ireland.
    This....1000 times over.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like my prediction was right!

ReputationRep:
    I'm so ****ing over the moon that Italy won. They were absolutely brilliant and I hope they can continue their form next week and into the world cup.

ReputationRep:
    Over the moon for Italy! They deserve it so much! I'm not even that bothered that it means that Scotland will almost certainly be wooden spoon losers again.

Delighted for Nick Mallet. You can really see how much it means to him.

Gotta wonder what is gonna be said in France about Lievremont though.

ReputationRep:
    Really impressed with that last game, being a Rugby League supporter i usually get really frustrated halfway through games. But Italy and France at times played some good stuff.

Looking forward to the Wales Ireland game now.

ReputationRep:
    Chuffed for Italy. Highly annoyed that i was unable to stream basically the entire game due to the fact that my connection was ****ing up every 20 seconds with the stream for some reason so barely saw about 5 minutes of the game all the way through. But huge win, and really pleased for them. It's taken them a while, but Mallet has finally made Italy into a force to be reckoned with. Just a shame they messed up at Twickenham. Maybe a sign that home support is crucial as they have pushed the Irish and Welsh so close at home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    Chuffed for Italy. Highly annoyed that i was unable to stream basically the entire game due to the fact that my connection was ****ing up every 20 seconds with the stream for some reason so barely saw about 5 minutes of the game all the way through. But huge win, and really pleased for them. It's taken them a while, but Mallet has finally made Italy into a force to be reckoned with. Just a shame they messed up at Twickenham. Maybe a sign that home support is crucial as they have pushed the Irish and Welsh so close at home.
    I agree that home support is crucial. Italian rugby fans are some of the most passionate in the sport so it must be such a huge boost in confidence playing infront of them.

ReputationRep:
    Now that O'Gara has been replaced with Sexton, are they allowed to bring O'Gara back on later?

ReputationRep:
    I'm fuming Wales got awarded that try.

Rugby law 19.2 (d) means it shouldn't have been awarded.

ReputationRep:
    I'm fuming Wales got awarded that try.

Rugby law 19.2 (d) means it shouldn't have been awarded.
    Its about time we have had some luck tbh. We've been on the other side of decisions so much, we deserve one to go our way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    Its about time we have had some luck tbh. We've been on the other side of decisions so much, we deserve one to go our way.
    Not when it clearly states that what happened was against the rules. There are dubious ref decisions and then there are wrong ones. This is wrong and it's in black and white as proof.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.