Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Complete this statement....'I can't get a girlfriend/boyfriend because...' Watch

ReputationRep:
    I can't get a girlfriend-boyfriend because I'm just not into hermaphrodites?

Really it's because I'm afraid of losing someone who I love again, and it feels like a betrayal to the one who I did love.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Have you ever seen what happens to those couples though? Because they certainly don't end up with a happy ending skipping into the sunset under a rainbow...
    Try beating their wives (or bullying them), divorce, cheating, taking their problems out on their children and so on...
    Anyone with such an extremely juvenile view on sex isn't ready to have a relationship, simple as that.
    Sorry but I am going to have to disagree. I know multiple couples who have been dating 30 years or more who didn't have sex before marriage who have no marital problems because their relationship was built on respect for themselves and for each other.

ReputationRep:
    because i am always put in the friend zone....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Have you ever seen what happens to those couples though? Because they certainly don't end up with a happy ending skipping into the sunset under a rainbow...
    Try beating their wives (or bullying them), divorce, cheating, taking their problems out on their children and so on...
    Anyone with such an extremely juvenile view on sex isn't ready to have a relationship, simple as that.
    and having sex prior to, solves that? and the others are holding hands under a [email protected]?

ReputationRep:
    I wish I was a dork/socially awkward/ugly/fat/unable to talk to guys as it would give me a reason. However, this is not the case. ******* men.

ReputationRep:
    I can't get a girlfriend because, technically, I already have one.

Technically.

ReputationRep:
    because right now im watching a video of seananners playing call of duty on youtube???

ReputationRep:
    I can't get a girldfriend because ...... I already have one !

ReputationRep:
    becuase guys just don't seem to see me that way...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .sarah)
    I can't get a girlfriend-boyfriend because I'm just not into hermaphrodites?

Really it's difficult because I'm afraid to fall in love because the one person I've ever truely loved died very suddenly, and liking anyone else feels like a betrayal.
    Deeep.

ReputationRep:
    Because I have too high standards after letting my great white buffalo get away..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Sorry but I am going to have to disagree. I know multiple couples who have been dating 30 years or more who didn't have sex before marriage who have no marital problems because their relationship was built on respect for themselves and for each other.
    Being totally honest, most evangelical groups are so warped under the cloud of religious fanaticism that they don't see the problems in relationships & think everything is a-okay when in fact that is not the case with many evangelical marriages (from personal experience). Instead they just see a 'happy church going couple' and never see what is happening behind closed doors.

Also look at it like this: Anyone who is a fanatic is not a balanced person. Someone who is not balanced surely cannot be trusted to have a healthy relationship when they cannot even look after themselves. So when you mix two unbalanced people together, that is hardly going to balance out the scales, it's just going to tip it. But the problems are usually never aired due to the shame that would be brought down upon them by the church community, leaving them in a catch-22 situation. ****ing terrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    I can't get a girlfriend because, technically, I already have one.

Technically.
    only you can see her right?

no but seriously, do elaborate...

ReputationRep:
    I am very shallow.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Being totally honest, most evangelical groups are so warped under the cloud of religious fanaticism that they don't see the problems in relationships & think everything is a-okay when in fact that is not the case with many evangelical marriages (from personal experience). Instead they just see a 'happy church going couple' and never see what is happening behind closed doors.

Also look at it like this: Anyone who is a fanatic is not a balanced person. Someone who is not balanced surely cannot be trusted to have a healthy relationship when they cannot even look after themselves. So when you mix two unbalanced people together, that is hardly going to balance out the scales, it's just going to tip it. But the problems are usually never aired due to the shame that would be brought down upon them by the church community, leaving them in a catch-22 situation. ****ing terrible.
    You don't have to be a fanatic to be religious. *facepalm*

And actually you do know when people are having problems. I don't know what Church you've been to, but it's a very different experience to mine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by f1re)
    and having sex prior to, solves that? and the others are holding hands under a [email protected]?
    Yes, not directly because of the sex, but because they are more mature and therefore respect one another more.

(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    You don't have to be a fanatic to be religious. *facepalm*

And actually you do know when people are having problems. I don't know what Church you've been to, but it's a very different experience to mine.
    Nice strawman - I never said that. However when you let religion interfere with a sensible course of action, that is fanaticism.
    fa·nat·i·cism (f-nt-szm)
    n.
    Excessive, irrational zeal.

Not sleeping with someone until marriage is completely irrational and exceptionally immature. As I said it goes against what relationship counselors would suggest. Ergo, you are a religious fanatic (evangelical right?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    only you can see her right?

no but seriously, do elaborate...
    We're 'on a break'.

ReputationRep:
    I can't get a girlfriend because I don't want any :cool:, too much hassle for me.

I prefer solitude.:nopity:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alpha_Male)
    Sorry, this place cracks me up....I just wondered why exactly everyone is having so many problems getting a boyfriend or girlfriend?

So yeh, complete the statement....'I can't get a girlfriend/boyfriend because.....'

I just wanna see what's stopping you lot from getting someone. I bet it comes down to a lack of confidence, being scared of rejection, or just being a socially awkard dork etc.

Hopefully I can make you see that these excuses are just excuses and that you can get someone if you believe in yourself a bit more.
    i can't get a girlfriend because her best friend is a ******** who hates the living daylights out of me for no reason. plus i made that up as i'm actually a coward who is scared of rejection

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    We're 'on a break'.
    I see...and you were not the one to "propose" this?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 12, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.