Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gozatron)
    Anyone who has been rejected. Decline Cambridge on UCAS before they can say unsuccessful. Feels good man.
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    Who needs Cambridge anyway! No room for David, huh? Fine! I'll go build my university, with blackjack and hookers. In fact, forget the university and the blackjack. Ahh, screw the whole thing, I'll just go to Durham!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gozatron)
    Anyone who has been rejected. Decline Cambridge on UCAS before they can say unsuccessful. Feels good man.
    You shouldnt do that lol cause they might (i know extremely unlikely) make a mistake and u could quickly firm it lol, ive heard this has happened b4. )

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, just wanted to wish you all the best of luck for your university outcomes. I applied to Queens' English last year and was rejected so if any of feel the need to vent or something along those lines feel free to PM me as I know how awful it feels. I also now study at York which a few of you seem to have offers from, so any questions feel free.

Good Luck and smash those exams because Cambridge or not AAA/ A*A*A* on your exam certificates still makes you feel amazing about yourself.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Attention Applicant Game Users

Even though I need to hear from one more person, I have been able to work out who the winner is.

We have a two way tie. The two winners are:

8. Farhan.Hanif93

l4ith
    Goldfishy
    Jonnyboy1993
    Schnecke

LukethePianoMan

14. broadwayrachel

cpdavis
    l4ith
    Lyam

shannon14
    Doughnuts!!!

Although Lukethepianoman hasn't heard yet, I worked out that the only way that Farhan.Hanif93 would have won over broadwayrachel is if LukethePianoMan got an offer, so I have decided that we should have a 2 way tie for the outcome.

All game users who are number 1-11 should give pos rep to Farhan.Hanif93, which you can get to his profile by this link

All game users who are number 12-21 should give pos rep to broadwayrachel, which you can get to his profile by this link

Well done for everyone who participated and wish you the best of luck for the future!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aa1993)
    Got Rejected oh well I'll accept Southampton's Unconditional offer, but apply to Cambridge next year (for 2012) while studying at Southampton first year. I already have the equivalents of A*A*A and Im only 17.. and my personal statement got me unconditional offers within 2 weeks.
    I may have lost the battle, but I haven't lost the war.
    Southampton want AAA and so having A*A*A or equivalent means that they'll automatically give you an unconditional even if you had a personal statement with just your name on it.

Spoiler:
    Show

Got an offer from Southampton within 5 days of applying

ReputationRep:
    hi. i hope all of you get some good offers, Oxbridge is very competitive and theres only so many seats. Good luck in your search for your university. Never give up and all the best for your future. I sincerely mean it .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aa1993)
    Got Rejected oh well I'll accept Southampton's Unconditional offer, but apply to Cambridge next year (for 2012) while studying at Southampton first year. I already have the equivalents of A*A*A and Im only 17.. and my personal statement got me unconditional offers within 2 weeks.
    I may have lost the battle, but I haven't lost the war.
    You would have to apply for a different course then and need very strong support from a Southampton tutor.

ReputationRep:
    anyone received feedback yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveGBG)
    Who needs Cambridge anyway! No room for David, huh? Fine! I'll go build my university, with blackjack and hookers. In fact, forget the university and the blackjack. Ahh, screw the whole thing, I'll just go to Durham!
    Nice Futurama reference .

ReputationRep:
    Not rejected, but I've been pooled by Robinson for PPS.
    Given that its been 5 days already of swimming in this damned "POOL", looks like I'm gonna get a nice fat rejection my way soon, I've given up on optimism!

Oh well, maybe it's a blessing in disguise seeing as LSE are consistently the strongest department in the UK for International Relations/Politics and Social Sciences alone too, Cambridge can go and suck on that :P

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who has been rejected, just remember Cambridge isn't the be all and end all. Sure, the tutorial system is great as is the intercollegiate structure for some people, but you can do just as well (if not better!) at whatever university you go to. Having the Cambridge "brandname" isn't everything in life, as I've come to realise =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveGBG)
    Aww, why'd you give up on the first idea? I was totally in for blackjack!

ReputationRep:
    Well, it's finally come up on UCAS. Lol at triple rejection: letter, then email, now UCAS :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got feedback yet? Got mine today and it feels like being rejected all over again
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by safwaansh)
    Has anyone got feedback yet? Got mine today and it feels like being rejected all over again
    What did they say? Sorry to hear that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    What did they say? Sorry to hear that
    Says that they feel that I won't b able to cope with first year undergraduate studyand that my responses to questions were generalised
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by safwaansh)
    Says that they feel that I won't b able to cope with first year undergraduate studyand that my responses to questions were generalised
    At least they were honest with you. Now go and prove them wrong at a great uni :P

ReputationRep:
    They updated my track today on my birthday... Cheers Cambridge!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheebs1201)
    They updated my track today on my birthday... Cheers Cambridge!
    Ivor rejected on my birthday! First thing after I Wpke up I got the Email then hours later the letter came through

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.