Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My ticket still hasn't arrived, grr.

ReputationRep:
    What time do people tend to arrive on the Thursday?

Anyone driving up from the south, avoid trying to get onto the A1(M) from the M25...I'm not sure about clockwise, but anti-clockwise from junction 25 is hell, major roadworks, I think some junctions closed off, I was stuck in traffic for nearly 3 hours between J26 and J25 when I went up to Download the other week. Gave up when I reached J25 and turned off to find an alternate route, which actually took me via Knebworth. This time I'll turn off at J27 and go up the M11 it'll add a few more miles to the journey but should be a lot quicker.

ReputationRep:
    Ridiculously excited, been a couple of years since my last festival. Next task - make the flag for our camp.

ReputationRep:
    Boyfriend's dad is insisting on driving us there :facepalm: I don't think he realises what he's letting himself in for...
    I was perfectly happy getting the train, but nooooo.

(Original post by hobo06)
    What time do people tend to arrive on the Thursday?
    Website says the campsite doesn't open until 3pm on Thursday. Can't see much point getting there earlier than that, to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelbones)
    Boyfriend's dad is insisting on driving us there :facepalm: I don't think he realises what he's letting himself in for...
    I was perfectly happy getting the train, but nooooo.

Website says the campsite doesn't open until 3pm on Thursday. Can't see much point getting there earlier than that, to be honest.
    Yeh I saw that...but there'll be a lot of people queuing before then. Don't want to end up camped right on a pathway somewhere because everyone else got there earlier

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I saw that...but there'll be a lot of people queuing before then. Don't want to end up camped right on a pathway somewhere because everyone else got there earlier
    I'm going to be stuck finding a little space somewhere on Friday morning anyways :dontknow:
    If worst comes to worst, I'll take my top off and persuade some nice young men to let me share their tent so I don't have to put mine up.

Just kidding. Maybe.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be stuck finding a little space somewhere on Friday morning anyways :dontknow:
    If worst comes to worst, I'll take my top off and persuade some nice young men to let me share their tent so I don't have to put mine up.

Just kidding. Maybe.
    I'll let you know where I'm camped! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'll let you know where I'm camped! :p:
    I might take you up on it

The friends who I thought were going now might not be. Oh my gooood. (They were doing the rep thing and haven't sold anywhere near enough). Damn.

ReputationRep:
    I might take you up on it

The friends who I thought were going now might not be. Oh my gooood. (They were doing the rep thing and haven't sold anywhere near enough). Damn.
    Provided you don't mind guys dressed in morphsuits/bunny girl/fairy outfits, you're more than welcome to join us...if you dress up too even better :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Provided you don't mind guys dressed in morphsuits/bunny girl/fairy outfits, you're more than welcome to join us...if you dress up too even better :awesome:
    Bunny girl guys :sexface:

At the moment I have a cowboy hat.... but this will be expanded upon tomorrow because there's a sale on at the local fancy dress shop

ReputationRep:
    Bunny girl guys :sexface:

At the moment I have a cowboy hat.... but this will be expanded upon tomorrow because there's a sale on at the local fancy dress shop
    Spoiler:
    Show

If it's pink you'll fit right in, just need fairy wings, pink tutu and tights/leg warmers and that's our fairy outfit

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

If it's pink you'll fit right in, just need fairy wings, pink tutu and tights/leg warmers and that's our fairy outfit
    Jesus, that's great :laugh:

I'll try my best to find a pink tutu or something.

ReputationRep:
    Jesus, that's great :laugh:

I'll try my best to find a pink tutu or something.
    I'm the one at the back :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    I'm the one at the back :sexface:
    Nice nipples you got there :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Nice nipples you got there :sexface:
    Why thank you!
    That's from Download festival, I don't recall the moments most of the photos were taken...god knows how many random people have photos of me where I was stopped for photos around the festival. Probably some disturbing sights...(I won't post the photo of me standing on top of my car moonying )

ReputationRep:
    Why thank you!
    That's from Download festival, I don't recall the moments most of the photos were taken...god knows how many random people have photos of me where I was stopped for photos around the festival. Probably some disturbing sights...(I won't post the photo of me standing on top of my car moonying )
    I'm sure you'll have many more such photos by the end of Sonisphere!

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you'll have many more such photos by the end of Sonisphere!
    No doubt

ReputationRep:
    Me and 4 other friends spontaneously decided Sonisphere was an absolute essential addition to our summer after we all had such an awesome time together at Download this year.. bought my ticket on Monday via the Rock Radio Live package, where you get a 4 day Soni ticket as a 'free gift'.. except the whole package was only £99. WINNING.

In the words of Rebecca Black, WE WE WE SO EXCITED. Especially for the lulz that is Richard Cheese :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Superhero theme on the Friday people, make sure you got your costumes :p:
    I'm not sure how to turn any of my costumes into a superhero...the best I've got so far is to use my tuxedo morphsuit and be James Bond, not really super, but it's the closest so far without having to spend more money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucyyy)
    Me and 4 other friends spontaneously decided Sonisphere was an absolute essential addition to our summer after we all had such an awesome time together at Download this year.. bought my ticket on Monday via the Rock Radio Live package, where you get a 4 day Soni ticket as a 'free gift'.. except the whole package was only £99. WINNING.

In the words of Rebecca Black, WE WE WE SO EXCITED. Especially for the lulz that is Richard Cheese :sexface:
    And Bill Bailey!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.