Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girl having sex with 10 guys in a week is same as guy having 10 girls in one week? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Post Apocalypse)
    Have you ever considered that your experience is the exception?

Most women don't approach males. Go to any pub or club and you'll see that there's a difference. Men dont get ready for a night out and then sit around waiting for women to approach them. It just doesnt happen like that.

No - I'm saying a girl just has to look average or above, but for a man that isn't enough.

There have been multiple scientific studies to back up that the market is in the woman's favour.

E.g.:

"For instance, in response to the sex request, men indicated an average likelihood of 46, a whopping figure compared with women's average rating of just 4. "
    http://www.livescience.com/culture/0...ht-stands.html

"There was also a large gender difference in attitudes toward casual sex: Males had considerably more permissive attitudes (d =.81)"
    Oliver, Mary B., and Janet S. Hyde. "Gender Differences in Sexuality: A Meta-analysis." Psychological Bulletin 114.1 (1993): 29-51. Print.

"In every case, men preferred significantly larger numbers of sex partners than women"
    "Men were more likely than women to consent to sex after knowing a potential partner for time periods ranging from 1 hour to 2 years"
    "A diverse range of research findings lead converging support to the notion that men have a specialized psychology that leads them to consent to sex more quickly than women"
    Schmitt, D. P., Shackelford, T. K., & Buss, D. M. (2001). Are men really more 'oriented' toward short-term mating than women? A critical review of theory and research. Psychology, Evolution, and Gender, 3, 211-239.

"Gender differences are strikingly large for incidences of masturbation and for attitudes about sex in a casual, uncommitted relationship."
    Hyde, J. S. (2005). The gender similarities hypothesis. American Psychologist, 60(6), 581-92.

Women unwilling to admit promiscuity to researcher shock!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    Women unwilling to admit promiscuity to researcher shock!
    Did you even bother to read the research? The reality is the market is in a woman's favour.

You don't even need research to do it - just go outside and you'll see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellissima)
    morally, socially etc.

yes or no?
    I'd like to recommend the Linford Christie vs Camp Mates debate that was on this years "I'm a Celebrity... Get me out of here"... You will get a wide range of responses, from both males and females.

ReputationRep:
    Did you even bother to read the research? The reality is the market is in a woman's favour.

You don't even need research to do it - just go outside and you'll see.
    I do go outside. I go outside every day. More relevantly, I've been going to clubs since I was 16 years old. I must have been approached by hundreds of girls over the years. Some I turned down, some I chatted to, realised they were boring and then turned down, some I didn't turn down. I also know several perfectly attractive girls who hardly ever get chatted up. I see just as many average girls chatting up hot guys as average guys chatting up hot girls. TBH, the whole "chatting up" paradigm is about 20 years out of date. Only moronic wannabe players attempt to "chat girls up" nowadays.

Do the maths: every Friday night, X amount of straight 20somethings go out, and Y get laid. Unless there's one guy going round sleeping with 1,000 girls, then 50% are men and 50% are women. Both have made a conscious choice to have sex (hopefully). There are similar numbers of girls and guys around the clubs, so clearly the scoring success rate (Y/X) is equal for both sexes. How can this be indicative of anything other than a neutral market?

ReputationRep:
    Do the maths: every Friday night, X amount of straight 20somethings go out, and Y get laid. Unless there's one guy going round sleeping with 1,000 girls, then 50% are men and 50% are women. Both have made a conscious choice to have sex (hopefully). There are similar numbers of girls and guys around the clubs, so clearly the scoring success rate (Y/X) is equal for both sexes. How can this be indicative of anything other than a neutral market?
    Because more guys than girls want to have a one night stand, so there are more guys left behind without a (ONS)* partner (that wanted one)* than women (who wanted one)*.

* Edited for clarity

ReputationRep:
    I tell you what - read it again but with a "for example" rather than a "but" at the start of the second paragraph. That may have confused you. If you still don't get it, then nevermind. It wasn't really that important in the grand scheme of things.
    I think the mistake you're making is no-one is making a universal claim about such an abstract 'type' of action.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    I think the mistake you're making is no-one is making a universal claim about such an abstract 'type' of action.
    yeah, there were some people earlier (yesterday?) making that exact claim - that because sex involves one thing going inside another thing, that it can never be a completely "mutual" action. Thats where the whole stupid key and lock analogy comes from: using topology as the basis for morality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacktri)
    A guy that gets 10 girls in a week is a legend a girl on the other hand :s
    But then its a quadruple standard. If a gal is a virgin/inexperienced it is seen as virtuous, sweet and even sexy. If a guy is a virgin/inexperienced hes an inadequate/ugly/potential paedophile etc etc.
    Be honest how many ladies would want to go with a virgin?

ReputationRep:
    Because more guys than girls want to have a one night stand, so there are more guys left behind without a (ONS)* partner (that wanted one)* than women (who wanted one)*.

* Edited for clarity

I think what happens is this:

Attractive guy, attractive girl: both pull each other. 50/50 effort
    Ugly guy: goes after attractive girl. fails, complains to mates
    Ugly girl: Stands there scowling. Claims she wasn't interested anyway.

This gives the impression that more guys want sex than girls. That might be true from 15-19, but from 20+ its a different story.

ReputationRep:
    Morally, yes it's exactly the same. It's just as disgusting and sleazy if a girl sleeps with 10 people as if a guy did the same.

It will feel like doing a cavern or more likely don't feel anything at all, poor men.

ReputationRep:
      yeah, there were some people earlier (yesterday?) making that exact claim - that because sex involves one thing going inside another thing, that it can never be a completely "mutual" action. Thats where the whole stupid key and lock analogy comes from: using topology as the basis for morality.
      Surely it would have been far more relevant then to quote them, and not me, at least with that part of the post:confused:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by there's too much love)
      Surely it would have been far more relevant then to quote them, and not me, at least with that part of the post:confused:
      I thought that's what you were responding to and I was agreeing with you. The post you quoted said something similar.

ReputationRep:
      No.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by queenorivers)
      Again.. why? Not just the definitions but why it is wrong for one to do it and right for another to. Constructed argument please
      Simply because women are the subservient race

ReputationRep:
      If a key opens a lot of locks, it's a good key (innit?)

If a lock is opened by a lot of keys, it's a crappy lock.

ReputationRep:
      That's a bigger number of people than some people have in their whole lives.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by a daedalus)
      If a key opens a lot of locks, it's a good key (innit?)

If a lock is opened by a lot of keys, it's a crappy lock.
      Good one, I'm amazed no-one came up with this before on this thread.

ReputationRep:
      The girl is being used, whereas the lads are using. Thus, both genders play a different role which means the girl is not the same as the guy having sex so many times in a week. The girl is being used senseless, whereas the guy is using the girls sensless. Big difference which must be noted.

ReputationRep:
      Yes the same. Very trashy behaviour.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 12, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.