The Student Room Group

Girl having sex with 10 guys in a week is same as guy having 10 girls in one week?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jacktri
A guy that gets 10 girls in a week is a legend a girl on the other hand :s

But then its a quadruple standard. If a gal is a virgin/inexperienced it is seen as virtuous, sweet and even sexy. If a guy is a virgin/inexperienced hes an inadequate/ugly/potential paedophile etc etc.
Be honest how many ladies would want to go with a virgin?
Reply 201
Original post by Post Apocalypse
Because more guys than girls want to have a one night stand, so there are more guys left behind without a (ONS)* partner (that wanted one)* than women (who wanted one)*.

* Edited for clarity

I think what happens is this:

Attractive guy, attractive girl: both pull each other. 50/50 effort
Ugly guy: goes after attractive girl. fails, complains to mates
Ugly girl: Stands there scowling. Claims she wasn't interested anyway.

This gives the impression that more guys want sex than girls. That might be true from 15-19, but from 20+ its a different story.
Morally, yes it's exactly the same. It's just as disgusting and sleazy if a girl sleeps with 10 people as if a guy did the same.
It will feel like doing a cavern or more likely don't feel anything at all, poor men.
Reply 204
I thought that's what you were responding to and I was agreeing with you. The post you quoted said something similar.
No.
Original post by queenorivers
Again.. why? Not just the definitions but why it is wrong for one to do it and right for another to. Constructed argument please :smile:

Simply because women are the subservient race
(edited 13 years ago)
If a key opens a lot of locks, it's a good key (innit?)

If a lock is opened by a lot of keys, it's a crappy lock.
That's a bigger number of people than some people have in their whole lives.
Reply 209
Original post by a daedalus
If a key opens a lot of locks, it's a good key (innit?)

If a lock is opened by a lot of keys, it's a crappy lock.

Good one, I'm amazed no-one came up with this before on this thread.
The girl is being used, whereas the lads are using. Thus, both genders play a different role which means the girl is not the same as the guy having sex so many times in a week. The girl is being used senseless, whereas the guy is using the girls sensless. Big difference which must be noted.
Yes the same. Very trashy behaviour.
Reply 212
Course its the same...unless you're sexist
Reply 213
Original post by Peace0fM1nd
The girl is being used, whereas the lads are using. Thus, both genders play a different role which means the girl is not the same as the guy having sex so many times in a week. The girl is being used senseless, whereas the guy is using the girls sensless. Big difference which must be noted.

What if all 10 guys are in love with this girl and hoping for a relationship and she just wants casual sex? Isnt she then using them?
Original post by ferdi.g
Right, I agree with quite a few of the above posters and will do my best to formulate an argument that is satisfactory to you.

Let me say in advance that I am neither happy nor do I approve of the following, but that is how things are imo.

Guys are generally less sensitive than girls. Therefore, guys often have the capacity to detach emotion AS WELL AS opinion from sex (meaning that guys can have sex with a girl they have no feelings for and they can lower their standards to a certain degree).

Now this is not the case with girls as far as I see (surely there are exceptions, but I'm generalising here).

Furthermore, it has long been "tradition" that the guy approaches the girl first (this is now changing, but one can still see a certain preservation of that tradition in today's society). This is why guys usually by drinks for girls, make the first move etc.

As a result, a guy usually has to 'hunt' and 'work' in order to get sexual intercourse from a girl. A girl on the other hand just has to 'wait' for a guy to approach her.

As there are usually less attractive girls (let's say at a club) than there are guys (regardless of their looks), one girl can be approached by numerous guys on a night out.

It is at this point that a girl needn't do anything but 'play along' with what the guy has to offer. Given the aforementioned circumstances, girls tend to be in a controlling/superior position and have the upper hand.

This is why we consider (be it true or false, right or wrong, good or bad) in today's society, that a man has to put more effort into getting a girl.

Sleeping with 10 people in a week would usually be considered slutty no matter who is concerned, however, given the effort that a man has to invest to only get sex ONCE, it is considered a great/impressive achievement to get 10 girls in a week.

In both cases the individuals are 'slutty' or slags BUT in the guy's case, the achievement and effort overshadows the slutty aspect of it.

That's why guys are playa's and girls slags (in this context) :biggrin:

Great explannation and actually makes sense :biggrin:. Would you be the "player" or the "slut" in the hypothetical sit?
Equally disgusting and trashy.
Original post by Peace0fM1nd

Er, how do you know? Girls can use guys just as much as guys use girls.
One is a master key, the other is a faulty lock.

And that metaphor is relevant to sex since it is hard for a guy to get sex but easy for a girl. Studies have been done were an attractive guy asked random girls for sex and an attractive girl asked random guys for sex. The girls all said no, over 90% of the guys said yes.

Similarly a master key is tough to make while a faulty lock is easy to make.
(edited 13 years ago)
I'm going to go ahead and END this argument, with the help of my friend Jim Jeffries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvavPJtSIUM

It's ****ing EASY to be a slut. It's ****ing HARD to be a stud.

Case closed.
Women are the ones who can actually get pregnant though. It's their bodies who have to go through it all and men could just walk away before a child is even born. I've also heard that it's much easier for women to catch STIs. Think it's because the male's semen can go way up high where it can't be cleaned out, whereas it's more difficult for a female's secretions to go up the male's urethra. Little graphic but I hope you see my point.

It may not make much sense when you look at it, but sometimes we just have a deep down belief or feeling of whether something is respectful or not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending