Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hippysnake)
    JoFo Self Catered is called the Coppice, and from what I've seen, it's mostly those who've taken a gap year .
    There are other places- other converted houses such as The Beeches, Whighton and Trerouse. There are also a few spaces in the pavillions. In my experience, the houses do tend to be filled with gap year students- I lived at The Beeches for two years in years 2 and 3 and had friends who lived there in my first year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QI Elf)
    There are other places- other converted houses such as The Beeches, Whighton and Trerouse. There are also a few spaces in the pavillions. In my experience, the houses do tend to be filled with gap year students- I lived at The Beeches for two years in years 2 and 3 and had friends who lived there in my first year.
    Yup, I'm in Treroose next year, and have found one other person who'll be in there too. We're both gap year students.

ReputationRep:
    How long after you become unconditional do they usually give you an offer for accommodation as I've been waiting since Wed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QI Elf)
    Yeah, I've seen a few other around, but as a whole, they're relatively rare, if you're opting for self-catered you're much more likely to end up in Bowder Court.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astrum)
    How long after you become unconditional do they usually give you an offer for accommodation as I've been waiting since Wed?
    I have been waiting 20 days and counting......... apparently there is a backlog.

Makes you wonder why they bother opening the application system in March.......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigV)
    I have been waiting 20 days and counting......... apparently there is a backlog.

Makes you wonder why they bother opening the application system in March.......

haha , today is 23rd dy for me :P

ReputationRep:
    This is in no way good.

ReputationRep:
    I got into Freemen Common. I have 3 days to accept or decline. Any help?

ReputationRep:
    Basically went to the open day/accommodation tour today and the leaflets they were handing out with hall prices are about £250 off the real accommodation prices for this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayups)
    I got into Freemen Common. I have 3 days to accept or decline. Any help?
    Well it's very close to the university and Morrisons. Why not accept it?

(Original post by Wezzler)
    Basically went to the open day/accommodation tour today and the leaflets they were handing out with hall prices are about £250 off the real accommodation prices for this year.
    Above or below?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Well it's very close to the university and Morrisons. Why not accept it?

Above or below?
    Below, so that was a nice surprise when I got home :/

ReputationRep:
    I heard Freeman Common has 10 people sharing one bathroom. That doesn't seem like an ideal situation

ReputationRep:
    I heard Freeman Common has 10 people sharing one bathroom. That doesn't seem like an ideal situation
    No not really ideal (if true)...

Then again Freeman Common is right on top of the Uni, where as Oadby is 40mins walk away....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigV)
    No not really ideal (if true)...

Then again Freeman Common is right on top of the Uni, where as Oadby is 40mins walk away....
    Freemen's is a bit grimy and full of people from the People's Republic. Oadby would be and was my preference for first year.

ReputationRep:
    Well that can't be true. If 6 or more people are in one house/block by law there needs to be a second bathroom.

(Original post by Wezzler)
    Below, so that was a nice surprise when I got home :/
    You should email the accomodation people to ask. Seems a bit wrong. Find out which one is right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Well that can't be true. If 6 or more people are in one house/block by law there needs to be a second bathroom.

You should email the accomodation people to ask. Seems a bit wrong. Find out which one is right.
    No it is right, it's just at the open day they were stupidly handing out accommodation booklets with the 2010/2011 prices not the 2011/12 for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    Freeman common is packed with students for People's Republic? I dont think thats cool because I'm Canadian. Only got this one offer and if i decline it I dont wanna live like 40 minutes away....decisions decision...so hard

ReputationRep:
    Avoid putting Digby down at all in your choices, as listing it gives them grounds to place you there....and you don't want that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jfqwerty)
    any idea what accommodation in oadby is likely to be free for insurance candidates, i'm thinking catered en suites/premium singles are more likely to be free than the self catered alternatives. thanks.
    That sounds about right.

There were a few spaces in Mary Gee too, but it's Mary Gee :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soph Soph)
    That sounds about right.

There were a few spaces in Mary Gee too, but it's Mary Gee :afraid:
    What's wrong with Mary Gee? From the people who lived there I've heard nothing but good things about it. And walking to Oadby via Mary Gee is a pleasant walk.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.