Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get like 40 something for fridge question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vxa1314)
    It's NOT a spring though. Gravity isn't ELASTIC. What the ****.
    so true. ocr were insane on this paper man. i dont know how they think they can pull a stunt like this with only making one past paper available. its hardly fair on the students....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OceanFlanker)
    Yhh i never knew They had killowatt hours in Newtonain england :L
    Newtonian england?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey)
    Did anyone get like 40 something for fridge question
    £1.41 for 0.07 KW on for 168 hours (a week) @12p per kWh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fudgezilla)
    so true. ocr were insane on this paper man. i dont know how they think they can pull a stunt like this with only making one past paper available. its hardly fair on the students....
    TY someone who agrees.

Next they're going to say the Sun ****ing pulls back so the tide pushes back down what the ****.

Or they're going to say the Sun's gravitational pull on the tides is bigger than the Moon's gravitational pull on the tides. -.-

// Holy shiz, I do M2. I wish ****ing Physics would stop ****ing sticking stupid Chemistry bits n bobs in just to make the syllabus bigger? =.= Physics has finally lost it's pride what the ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In the looney bin)
    £1.41 for 0.07 KW on for 168 hours (a week) @12p per kWh
    Yes, me and the rest of my school got this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sc0307)
    amplitude for the harbour question?

surely it was 18m cos that was the maximum depth?
    the water only went from 13m to 18m so amplitude is 2.5m

ReputationRep:
    Fpr the tide question, the last part. I wrote d= Acos(wt) with the A and w values
    I also wrote d=Asin(wt) with the values

I wonder....

ReputationRep:
    There was one question on how to get a satellite into a smaller orbit. I said it's possible if the speed of the satellite is reduced.

Did anyone else get something similar?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sulexk)
    Fpr the tide question, the last part. I wrote d= Acos(wt) with the A and w values
    I also wrote d=Asin(wt) with the values

I wonder....
    x = Acos(2pift)

d = Acos(2pift) + k

-.-

There's that minimum value aswell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FruitsPunchSamurai)
    The question on calculating the momentum of the air was confusing. Did it want momentum for the whole 5 seconds of air? Or just for 1 second? I worked both out, but wrote the answer for 5.
    That stumped me too for a bit - but about 3 mins before the end i spotted it said "this" mass of air, so the 5 secs one is right!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone remember the number of marks for the kwh question?

Was it one mark for the question: Define the Kilowatt hour?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FruitsPunchSamurai)
    There was one question on how to get a satellite into a smaller orbit. I said it's possible if the speed of the satellite is reduced.

Did anyone else get something similar?
    I said exert a gas from the thrusters from the satellite then when the satellite exerts a force on the gas, the gas will exert an equal and opposite force to the satellite and therefore cause a decelerating force.

// I was actually thinking more about why the satellite would go FASTER if it's closer. Then realised that the force of the gravitational field strength decreases if it's further away so the speed would decrease if it's further away! WOW I'm such a nerd LOL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mir3a)
    Kilowatt hour isn't even in our syllabus, and wasn't related to Newtonian world, why was it even there?
    They put it in under synoptic content - they did a similar thing with chemistry b. Though i wouldn't expect them to do a synoptic question that blatantly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sulexk)
    Anyone remember the number of marks for the kwh question?

Was it one mark for the question: Define the Kilowatt hour?
    was only two i remember because i got £5000 somehow :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kooper)
    They put it in under synoptic content - they did a similar thing with chemistry b. Though i wouldn't expect them to do a synoptic question that blatantly.
    I hated the question in AS so I kind of remembered the ****ty definition for it

// What the **** was Boyle's law doing in there. Why the **** are they called Boyle's, Charlie's and Jolly's what the ****. They need to get rid of these ****ty names. Revision guides make it seem like a joke so you don't bother remembering the names of the laws what the ****. They're not even famous.

All those 3 **** did was take the ideal gas equation and mess around with it what the **** and they get their own law? =.=

ReputationRep:
    Paper anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Well, for starters while kWh is not on the syllabus, it does STATE that all previous knowledge is assumed
    The helicopter I also really enjoyed! I wasted too much time proving it in two ways though :/ ah well

And the tide does illustrate simple harmonic motion! Not only springs do (I mean a woodwind instrument is a prime example). As long as acceleration is directly proportional to displacement, and is always directed towards the mean it shows simple harmonic motion. Not just springs.

Plus the laws have names for a reason - they were credited to the scientist that came up with them. And they are not hard to state in words or learn! Like we call the Boltzmann constant just that, or Newton's three laws.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pianofluteftw)
    Well, for starters while kWh is not on the syllabus, it does STATE that all previous knowledge is assumed (Gave me a nice easy few marks!)

The amplitude was indeed 2.5, and I put the displacement being x=2.5cos(2pif)t + 13 (I think f was 1.22x10^-5) and wrote a note to the examiner saying it must be from the maximum or minimum.

And the tide does illustrate simple harmonic motion! Not only springs do (I mean a woodwind instrument is a prime example). As long as acceleration is directly proportional to displacement, and is always directed towards the mean it shows simple harmonic motion. Not just springs.

And the satelite one was easy, just equate gravitational force to centripetal force and rearrange having cancelled the small 'm's and the radius.

Bit of a weird paper but none of it hard... or is it just me that thought that? Plus we'd done both Jan and June '10 past papers and specimen and it wasn't really any harder and all on syllabus?

How the **** is your 2pift outside of the brackets. What the ****.

I did the exact same thing for assuming A was 5 and it worked out fine for low and high tide -.-

ReputationRep:
    the question were u had to describe differences between displacement and amplitude and frequency and angular frequency was stupid and hard :/

wot do u guys think full UMS is likely too be? 53,54,55?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.