Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What’s something you know you do differently than most people? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by funkeymonkey:))
    i can write with both my hands
    You're ambidextrous? *jealous*

I have enough trouble writing with just one of mine

ReputationRep:
    I have to cover every part of toast with butter, none of this just covering the middle lark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by un-besito)
    I count weird things - like when I'm walking a long way, I count every step i'm taking. And sometimes count the number of letters in words that people are saying and put them into groups of like 2 or 3, and get annoyed if one or two are left over at the end because it's not the right number of letters to be able to group them by that number...
    So this thread is turning into not what people do differently to others, just weird things that people do that no one else does! :lol:
    I do this...

ReputationRep:
    Whenever someone touches my hair, shoulders or something I always then feel like I have to do the same to see what they felt. I don't know why, but I try and wait until they're not looking!
    I never step on cracks in the pavement but then a lot of people are the same I think.
    Lots of strange number things like having the volume on a prime, square or triangle number or skipping steps to make sure the total isn't a multiple of 3. Don't ask why :P

ReputationRep:
    sometimes i click my fingers when walking down the street that's about it

ReputationRep:
    romance :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MovingOn)
    Well, as part of my OCD I don't touch door handles in public. I'll use my feet, elbows or at worst gloved hands to manouvere my way around!
    this
    and am left handed and i love adaptation movies, ie never let me down and shutter island

ReputationRep:
    My flatmates well took the piss out of me when I ate beans "on" toast.

For me, it's beans ASIDE toast, can't stand soggy toast. This is apparently weird.

(Original post by J4M1ExIRE)
      Ta me i mo chonai in ait galanta darb ainm Eire ag an bhomaite agus is brea liom e - I live in a lovely place called Ireland at the minute and i love it

Its my second language btw and i couldn't speak a word before i came to secondary school

Are their any irish translators on the internet lool ?

ReputationRep:
      I sellotape my phone to my head during conversations.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Lewroll)
      Its probably a regional thing. When i saw people saying it on here i thought it was really strange. Are you in south england? Maybe its a london/south thing to say 'asked' and all the northerners say 'arsed'. Doesnt even make sense, 'cant be asked' makes more sense to me
      i'm a northerner and everyone i know says arsed, so think you might be right about the regional thing!
      and it does make sense, it's like when people say get your arse in gear; meaning get motivated. i can't be arsed - i can't be bothered. most shoddy attempt at explaining my point ever

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by AnHuman)
      I sellotape my phone to my head during conversations.
      Seriously? :rofl:

ReputationRep:
      prefer odd numbers to even numbers lol

ReputationRep:
      Glad to hear I'm not the only person to use my cutlery the wrong way round

(Original post by berryripple)
        Seriously? :rofl:
        lol i thought that as well

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Doyle&TheFourFathers)
        the way i finger my bass
        ... Innuendo? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
        When I'm eating using my knife, I use my left hand to scrape the food onto the fork, but then when I'm cutting up pieces of food I swap my knife to my right hand

ReputationRep:
        I pronounce "room" as sort of like "rhum".
        I live in Yorkshire, so this gets me quite a lot of grief... what's that parable about removing the log from your own accent before you try to remove the splinter from your neighbour's, or something like that? :P

ReputationRep:
        I use chopsticks with my left hand. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
        This might sound a bit silly but.. my house is quite old and we don't have a single bathroom upstairs. Instead we have a toilet in one room and a bathroom in the other. The toilet is old school with the cistern and flush quite high up. Ever since I can remember, I have to open the door before I can flush the toilet. I think it may stem from the fact that flushing is loud and I may have been afraid of the noise when I was younger.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      Useful resources
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.