Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why does everyone hate the BNP? im not an indigeonous brit... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twl)
    That's what they always say. If it was true the whole world would have been atheist a long time ago.
    Who always says that? I have never heard anyone else say that the popularity of Atheism has very little to do with the birth rates of British Atheists.

Neither am I sure why you seem to believe that if my statement was true then the whole world would be atheist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesman13)
    if christians become atheists and we become an atheist country we wont forget our countrys roots, still celebrate xmas and british history. becoming an atheist is a sign of progression and advancement. if it becomes muslim, not though conversion but by immigration, it will be going either backwards or horizontal and in addition to that, britain will have its unique character completely changed
    this still makes no sense though; On the one hand, you say atheism is the sign of progress, yet that progress is essentially throwing away the religious principles of which england was built around (through time it has deteriorated ofc)- yet whilst doing the same thing, albeit with a different religion whichactually shares many christian principles, it is regression.

the arguement that if we celebrate xmas, 'cultural roots are remembered' is a false one. This is because an increasing number of british families dont really go to church anymore, and that christmas has lost is religious virtues. No longer is about the birth of christ, what it actually means historically and what it teaches; rather it has manifested into an opportunity for companies to sell their products and brand it as happiness. Christmas will never not be celebrated for the reason that companies profit so much from it. You must ask yourself why the sabbath isn't really recognised, and easter is recognised much less than christmas. the latter has taken a new meaning and been moulded into a corporate, rather than religious or historical holiday.

if you actually believe your 'culture' will collapse under Islam, you are mistaken. English culture died a long time ago, thanks to the forces of market capitalism. and its not restricted to the west either- it is much more evident in places like dubai and qatar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de_monies)
    In Muslim county's, Christians and atheists still celebrate Christmas. I don't see your point. In Dubai, alcohol is sold to any one who isn't a Muslim
    How easy is it to change your legal status from Muslim in Dubai? I disagree with any laws that treat people of different religions differently. It should be up to the individual whether they follow the rules of their religion, it shouldn't be the state's job to enforce it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteveDhalai)
    Lol at how your sig says "R.I.P Michael Jackson... I love you <3" indicating you're a Michael Jackson fan, one of the biggest helper of the needy to have ever lived, someone who didn't have a racist bone in his body and constantly worked to try and get people to live in harmony and you just came out with that.

I found that quite funny tbh
    I am not being racist though. I am simply stating that the radical muslims are causing a problem because they dont agree with the western society. All they need to so is to go back to their homes whereby there will be no problems. I did not say all muslims are! so you havent made a point sorry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twl)
    That's what they always say. If it was true the whole world would have been atheist a long time ago.
    I'm not sure this argument makes any sense whatsoever. It is possible to be born in a religious household and become atheist, as I did. The respective birth rates of atheists and christians has no bearing on the future secularity of our country.

You also said science and atheism aren't linked. True, they aren't one and the same, but there's definitely a link between having a scientific background and being athiest:

http://www.freethoughtpedia.com/wiki...ts_and_atheism

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CWallace91)
    I'm not sure this argument makes any sense whatsoever. It is possible to be born in a religious household and become atheist, as I did. The respective birth rates of atheists and christians has no bearing on the future secularity of our country.

You also said science and atheism aren't linked. True, they aren't one and the same, but there's definitely a link between having a scientific background and being athiest:

Well, there's also links between Science and religion. Starting from the renaissance period, Christianity became pro Science. In Islam, Islam and science have always gone together("the scholar's ink is more sacred than a martyr's blood")

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Science
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_and_science
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...sm_and_science

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clumsy_Chemist)
    I bet you £5 that nobody gets cleansed (Y)
    lol. Is that it? Considering I'm owed £1 million by the EDL leader, Ill donate £100,000 lol You can't say fairer than 10%-Not to mention he now owes £1 million to thousand's of Muslims worldwide

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CWallace91)

It is also possible to be born in an atheist household and become Christian, as I did.

Issac Newton was a Christian; 'nuff said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de_monies)
    Well, there's also links between Science and religion. Starting from the renaissance period, Christianity became pro Science. In Islam, Islam and science have always gone together("the scholar's ink is more sacred than a martyr's blood")

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Science
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_and_science
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...sm_and_science
    I would agree that religions that hold the world is "created" are more pro science than atheism. For the simple reason that if you believe in a "created world" you start out looking for order in the world. Whereas, if you believe in a world that is kind of random, you don't have a clue what you're looking for, as you believe there is no essential order in the world; you just stop looking, and you don't try to discover anything.

Good comment.

However, if I'm honest I would say I'm skeptical that Islam is pro science considering that in the modern world the Islamic regions are not very progressive when it comes to science, and that the most influential philosophers who happened to be Muslim existed in regions (e.g. Maghreb, Spain and Afghanistan) where Islam was weakest as a political force.

ReputationRep:
    Well their immigration policy is reasonable for the current climate. I mean the problem is European migration which is quite bad, since the europeans take money from the country, and take the money back home. Which logically isn't a good idea. I mean some policies have worked to reduce this money, random taxes like on polish beer and foods. This ensures more money stays in this country.

Though immigration as a whole is a benefit to society. The baby boomers are soon to be pensioners. We CANNOT handle a crisis like that, millions of people claiming pensions at once, we have an aging society, and British women have on avarage 1.6 children. So the rise in immigration is a good tactic because we can select who we bring into the country (the richest and smartest). This benefits everyone as their contributions to the country far exceed their costs, escpecially monetry wise.

Therefore immigration as a whole isn't such a bad thing due to a potential economic collapse if we were to stop immigration. Though i'd support immigration with all my heart if they install tougher regulations, (the point system) Although they have this in place, i think even europeaners need to be a part of this process. So we get the best of the best in the world. Or if we have a lack of supply of a certain workforce we can bring in supplies of these workers from other countries.

Forgot to relate this to the BNP -

The BNP's manifesto indicates that they want to abolish any kind of immigration and ''bribe'' people of ethicicity to move back to their homelands. Which quite frankly is disgusting. On a more personal basis (speaking as 1/2 white 1/2 pakistani), I think anyone who votes for the BNP who hasn't read their manifesto is a complete racist.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with many of there policys, it is time to stop being ruled by the rest of europe and claim the country back for ourselves. The BNP would still let in those who would benfot society so the really intelligent, students, sportsmen etc would all still be able to come here it would just stop loads of polish comeing over, working for below the minimum wage and sending it home to poland.

The BNP also support free tuition fees for the british who are studying proper subjects so they may even attract some of the lib dems votes at the next election.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wildrover)
    I agree with many of there policys, it is time to stop being ruled by the rest of europe and claim the country back for ourselves. The BNP would still let in those who would benfot society so the really intelligent, students, sportsmen etc would all still be able to come here it would just stop loads of polish comeing over, working for below the minimum wage and sending it home to poland.

The BNP also support free tuition fees for the british who are studying proper subjects so they may even attract some of the lib dems votes at the next election.
    Economically and politically the BNP's policies make no sense. Unless you are North Korea, you cannot live in complete isolation from the rest of the world and need allies. The BNP's anti-immigrant stand would hurt them as businesses would pull out (they are already not very happy with the Tory cap), links with emerging economies would be harmed and eventually cut-off and there would be no money to fund any of their half-thought out castle-in-the-air policies. They do not want autonomy, they want a white-only Britain.

ReputationRep:
    It is a tempory ban, except people who will geniuenly offer britain something. They realise there needs to be some immigration but it is currently far too high, britain is over crowded and the borderes need closeing untill the level reaches a suitable number.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twl)
    I would agree that religions that hold the world is "created" are more pro science than atheism. For the simple reason that if you believe in a "created world" you start out looking for order in the world. Whereas, if you believe in a world that is kind of random, you don't have a clue what you're looking for, as you believe there is no essential order in the world; you just stop looking, and you don't try to discover anything.
    Am I understanding this right? You think religions that disagree with one of the most widely accepted scientific theories (widely accepted meaning there's tons of evidence for it), are more "pro-science" than ones that agree with it? Basically you're saying religions that disagree with science are pro-science. That makes no sense.

(Original post by Barksy)
    I have a very large multicultural group of friends, and even my Asian mates hate the scumbags that let their image down. I wish it was the minority who were aggressive, but from past experience that's clearly not the case. Why do you think there's no-go areas in many Cities such as mine, Leicester, Brum etc? Because THEY are often the racist ones and won't tolerate a white person in they're little territory. Pathetic.
    The BNP would encourage your friends to deport, and permit discrimination against them, despite their views. Do you want that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benammieh)
    I am not being racist though. I am simply stating that the radical muslims are causing a problem because they dont agree with the western society. All they need to so is to go back to their homes whereby there will be no problems. I did not say all muslims are! so you havent made a point sorry!
    Their homes are usually in the UK. If you are suggesting they move to other nations, surely there will be more problems, since in many Middle Eastern nations, radical Islam is not tolerated by their governments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    Am I understanding this right? You think religions that disagree with one of the most widely accepted scientific theories (widely accepted meaning there's tons of evidence for it), are more "pro-science" than ones that agree with it? Basically you're saying religions that disagree with science are pro-science. That makes no sense.
    No.

I'm saying evolutionary theory and all successful science presupposes a created world, it's just rarely acknowledged as such. The laws of evolution have been "uncovered" like a magician whipping a napkin off a top hat to reveal a rabbit. If evolution is real, like a rabbit, it is part of a creation.

Biblical Creationism is the story of creation, not a scientific theory, and it doesn't pretend to be a scientific theory.

ReputationRep:
    Its disgusting how people justify supporting the BNP because of their veiws on stopping immigration.

YES every major party agrees on cutting down immigration, and thats what the Tories are doing because labour was too self-concious about their image to do it themselves

BUT the BNP are a conpletely different thing. They beleive in WHITE SUPREMECY and only uses excuses like immigration to fire up the public support.

Thats why only the ignorant vote for them! My parents were really pissed at the immigration problem but they didnt vote BNP because they're just Nazis in disguise XD

Gutted for you "i'm not racist but...." people lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twl)
    No.

I'm saying evolutionary theory and all successful science presupposes a created world, it's just rarely acknowledged as such..
    How?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzern)
    I agree with BNPs stance on immigration and so do many immigrants, our cultural identity is being destroyed, yes there are benefits to having mass immigration, I dont hate people due to their race but immigration has to be stopped.
    How is our cultural identity being destroyed?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 7, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.