Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The*Doctor's*Rose)
    This is the same girl with blonde hair and standing up:

Just type her name into google
    Think she's 'fat' now?
    I'm not sure whether you're expecting yes or no, so I'm gonna say yes?

ReputationRep:
    I'd make sure she'd lose some extra body weight :wink2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by my_username_was_taken)
    So as long as you're happy with looking fat and like you lack discipline and don't mind having nasty side effects and costing the NHS a fortune, you should carry on.

Besides, there are plenty of insecure men who can't get thin, good looking girls and have to settle for someone who is "curvy" so I guess society needs people like you. No doubt they pretend they like "curvy" to justify their poor game.

:rolleyes:Have a great day.
    aarrgggg!! shut up shut up shut up!! ....please!

It's not all as black and white as what you say.
    The world isn't as simple as that.

I understand how SpiritedAway feels, and I'm glad she feels happy as she is. Because I've done things such as that before....in the past I used to starve myself and I would avoid anywhere where food was involved...and hated eating in public...because I feared people would think "eek...why are you eating?...you're fat" I was chubby back then...but mainly due to girl teen years...where you have puppy fat...and you just need to grow into your skin.
    I luckily learnt from all that....and just like SpiritedAway ...I'm happy with how I look now....and life is just so good.

Life is much,much more than everything we see!!
    I'm sorry that you havn't realised that yet.

You don't have to be thin to be good looking!!

I feel like this whole thread is such a delusion!!!!
    Truth is the media is a massive contradiction.....sometimes it says one thing...the next another....and one reason why the media want to highlight the idea of "fat" being the cause of disrupting the nhs system is because it is a huge distraction....
    People believe anything they hear nowadays...especially if it means blaming somebody that isn't them. What about all those underage drinkers?? they too cause trouble for the nhs!!
    However....it could be the media's way of distracting us of the reality that the nhs is a muddled up system as it is....instead of blaming the system they blame something they can't easily control ...people.

SO....I think you should open your mind a bit more....stop swallowing everything the government tell you.

Also....clothing sizes aren't what tell you how healthy/unhealthy you are...
    it's not such a simple thing to pinpoint.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dnumberwang)
    I'm not sure whether you're expecting yes or no, so I'm gonna say yes?
    Well then i think it's quite sad tbh. She's a lot prettier than these 'skinny' girls around, and her figure is fine. She looks radiant.

ReputationRep:
    Well then i think it's quite sad tbh. She's a lot prettier than these 'skinny' girls around, and her figure is fine. She looks radiant.
    I just find naturally skinny girls more attractive (within reason), I hope that's not weird

ReputationRep:
    This is the same girl with blonde hair and standing up:

Just type her name into google
    Think she's 'fat' now?
    yeah, yeah she is

she's even worse than the pic in the OP, definitely shopped.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, this was worth making a thread about.

ReputationRep:
    disgusting. If you have stomach rolls your fat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple_starlight)

I understand how SpiritedAway feels, and I'm glad she feels happy as she is. Because I've done things such as that before....in the past I used to starve myself and I would avoid anywhere where food was involved...and hated eating in public...because I feared people would think "eek...why are you eating?...you're fat" I was chubby back then...but mainly due to girl teen years...where you have puppy fat...and you just need to grow into your skin.
    I luckily learnt from all that....and just like SpiritedAway ...I'm happy with how I look now....and life is just so good.

Truth is the media is a massive contradiction.....sometimes it says one thing...the next another....and one reason why the media want to highlight the idea of "fat" being the cause of disrupting the nhs system is because it is a huge distraction....
    People believe anything they hear nowadays...especially if it means blaming somebody that isn't them. What about all those underage drinkers?? they too cause trouble for the nhs!!
    However....it could be the media's way of distracting us of the reality that the nhs is a muddled up system as it is....instead of blaming the system they blame something they can't easily control ...people.

SO....I think you should open your mind a bit more....stop swallowing everything the government tell you.

Thats because you were lazy and rather daft. Anyone with any sense knows the key to losing weight healthily is a balanced diet and regular exercise. Funny all the people in great shape do this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dnumberwang)
    I just find naturally skinny girls more attractive (within reason), I hope that's not weird
    We're all attracted to different things
    fair dos

ReputationRep:
    get a life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple_starlight)

:rofl: Look up cognitive dissonance as I can't be bothered explaining.

Also I agree with what the previous guy who quoted you said:

Thats because you were lazy and rather daft. Anyone with any sense knows the key to losing weight healthily is a balanced diet and regular exercise. Funny all the people in great shape do this

Not hard is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by philistine)
    You can't make claims about having, let's be honest here; a world class figure, then get sand in your vagina when asked for verification. If I went into a thread about muscles being 'disgusting', then proceeded to state I had twenty inch arms, a thirty-two inch waist and massive pecs, claiming I looked like a mortal adonis-- I wouldn't be posting pics, because it wouldn't be true.

Of course you were insecure about being short. You are a woman. Women are insecure. Ergo, you are insecure.
    It's not 'world class', I'm not claiming to be a goddess, I'm just saying you can be curvy without being fat.

Lol I used to be. I'm not insecure anymore. I know I'm not perfect, but I'm perfectly happy with myself and I think that I look pretty good. Again, not claiming to be stunning or whatever, just that I'm happy with how I look.

You can't generalise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smiling...Rain)
    And if she's making a career as a plus size model, the industry must accept this too.
    Fatties have money, someone has to sell clothes to them. God knows we don't want them to be naked.

It's up to her if she wants to be that way, but it's a bid odd to claim that's a 'natural' woman; you don't get that way without a fairly sedentary lifestyle and a whole lotta M&S pastries.

ReputationRep:
    So you don't care that they cost the tax payer millions of pounds of treatment of preventable illnesses, when the money is taken away from people who need the treatment due to something like cancer, yet their drugs may get refused due to the cost!

As long as they're happy right?:rolleyes:

Being a drain on the state is fine I guess. As long as those dole scroungers are happy, that's ok is it?:rolleyes:
    Not all fat people get ill, actually. Yes, they have higher risks, as do smokers. So do I have a right to forcibly take their cigarettes and stub them out? Or deny them treatment? Also, you have to be pretty huge before you start to get ill.

Lol I'm very right wing and against benefit scroungers, but let's not get into that here. That's a different debate.

Assuming these fat people pay their taxes, they are entitled to treatment, as they pay for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wtfCharlie)
    To me it matters because the magazine is promoting an unhealthy lifestyle, I wouldn't want her in a magazine anymore than an anorexic supermodel, why can't we have some normal HEALTHY women??
    Personally, I think we should have everyone. Short women, tall women, fat women, skinny women, average women, etc. And all body shapes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Not all fat people get ill, actually. Yes, they have higher risks, as do smokers. So do I have a right to forcibly take their cigarettes and stub them out? Or deny them treatment? Also, you have to be pretty huge before you start to get ill.

Lol I'm very right wing and against benefit scroungers, but let's not get into that here. That's a different debate.

Assuming these fat people pay their taxes, they are entitled to treatment, as they pay for it.
    Did I say all do? No..Not all smokers get ill also, but it doesn't mean it's ok to do... Fail argument is fail.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure it's been said before but no, she's not fat. She is curvy. I don't think it's about how big you are but how you carry it. i think she carries it quite well. I'm a short arse and if I put weight on I look like a real chubster cos mine all goes to my belly.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing gets TSR all het up like a 'fatties' thread :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Did I say all do? No..Not all smokers get ill also, but it doesn't mean it's ok to do... Fail argument is fail.
    ...And you've totally disregarded all my other points.

Everything has risks. As long as people pay for the services (through taxes in this case), and they're not hurting anyone else, let them live how they want to live.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.