Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Any girls like muscular guys anymore? Watch

ReputationRep:
    haters gonna hate

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._5037233_n.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Actually they weren't going on about tanks or just body builders. Do you really find that photo of Christian Bale attractive?? Really? Of course you don't. Toned is the same as muscular because how can you be toned without muscle? :facepalm:
    Because on a lot of toned people, you can't always see the muscle very clearly. Everyone has muscle. I did also say that a small amount of muscle is acceptable. Six packs and 'pecs' (manboobs) are not.

Also, you've ignored my point about how other men are attractive too...muscle doesn't make someone more attractive usually. The face is where it's at.

ReputationRep:
    Nah. Lots of muscles don't really do much for me. It's nice if they're somewhat toned (like you'd get if you cycled regularly or something), but I'm not too fussy about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peggyb.)
    exactly! my friend and I call these guys "lean meat", and they're the perfect inbetween.
    Lean meat lol.

But I agree, tall and thin (lean) with some tone is (Y)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Because on a lot of toned people, you can't always see the muscle very clearly. Everyone has muscle. I did also say that a small amount of muscle is acceptable. Six packs and 'pecs' (manboobs) are not.

Also, you've ignored my point about how other men are attractive too...muscle doesn't make someone more attractive usually. The face is where it's at.
    Those guys have pecs and the 2nd guy has a vague six pack. I think what you mean is you don't like well defined muscle, but do still like muscle.
    As for your last comment, science would disagree with you, and as you are not a professor, I'll take their word over yours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Those guys have pecs and the 2nd guy has a vague six pack. I think what you mean is you don't like well defined muscle, but do still like muscle.
    As for your last comment, science would disagree with you, and as you are not a professor, I'll take their word over yours
    The second one isn't as attractive as the others though. Yeah I'd agree that I don't like well defined muscle at all.

Lmao, so a professor knows what everyone in the world finds attractive? I think I personally would know what I like. Whilst those toned guys are attractive, you can have non-toned guys that are equally attractive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    The second one isn't as attractive as the others though. Yeah I'd agree that I don't like well defined muscle at all.

Lmao, so a professor knows what everyone in the world finds attractive? I think I personally would know what I like. Whilst those toned guys are attractive, you can have non-toned guys that are equally attractive.
    :facepalm:
    All I'm going to say is if you actually were secure with yourself, you'd want the best, and some weed is not the best, ergo you should like muscle. If you don't, you're a freak & that's what the science would say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Well neither are particularly attractive...what about a 'normal' guy, one who isn't particularly fat, muscly or skinny, just average?
    Aww c'mon, you must be joking. You know exactly which one you'd pick if you had the choice lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Well neither are particularly attractive...what about a 'normal' guy, one who isn't particularly fat, muscly or skinny, just average?
    Nice one on avoiding the question.
    :troll:
    :goaway:

ReputationRep:
    http://images2.fanpop.com/images/pho...73-500-367.jpg

Absolutely average your just going for the face there.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_wb8bAl1P-N...opless+guy.jpg

or

http://lh3.google.com/kenneththestud...auger%2025.jpg

?

ReputationRep:
    I thought I did, because I work out a lot myself - but my boyfriend isn't muscly and I still find him extremely attractive. He's not skinny, he's not fat, might be on the "podgy" side, but i wouldn't change the way he looked for the world. I've also had a skinny boyfriend which I found attractive, so my conclusion is that it's all about the personality and the way you hold yourself.

ReputationRep:
    I have the one muscle where it counts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    All I'm going to say is if you actually were secure with yourself, you'd want the best, and some weed is not the best, ergo you should like muscle. If you don't, you're a freak & that's what the science would say.
    I'm perfectly secure with myself, in fact, some would say I'm quite conceited (I would disagree, confidence =/= being conceited but hey), and to me, muscle doesn't mean the best. It's not really 'being a freak' to find different things attractive, as we all have different preferences.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    Aww c'mon, you must be joking. You know exactly which one you'd pick if you had the choice lol
    I'm not, I'm just not a huge fan of muscles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    I'm perfectly secure with myself, in fact, some would say I'm quite conceited (I would disagree, confidence =/= being conceited but hey), and to me, muscle doesn't mean the best. It's not really 'being a freak' to find different things attractive, as we all have different preferences.
    No no, it IS being a freak not liking muscle. Don't like the title go take it up with the profs & docs who wrote the papers on attraction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    No no, it IS being a freak not liking muscle. Don't like the title go take it up with the profs & docs who wrote the papers on attraction.
    Get off her back for not liking muscles more, God.

So you ALWAYS find say, a large breasted woman more attractive than a small breasted woman?

I'll take Keira Knightly then, and you can have Michelle McManus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Not really, and I doubt professors call people 'freaks'. People value different things in life, and people find different things attractive. I've never been a sports fanatic and have never found super sporty/active guys attractive. Also, there are several theories on attraction, nothing is set in stone. There are also exceptions to every rule, like some men liking abnormally small or large boobs, for example.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, the ones that don't tend to be fighting natural attraction as they're insecure and don't want a guy that can get it elsewhere. Funny how it tends to be girls on a student forum (who tend to study hard, not be fun, intellectualize sex and not get the hot boys) who want a tubby guy or a skinny girl. How often do you see a hot, attractive, confident girl whose ideal guy is skinny or tubby lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mann18)
    Get off her back for not liking muscles more, God.

So you ALWAYS find say, a large breasted woman more attractive than a small breasted woman?

I'll take Keira Knightly then, and you can have Michelle McManus.
    Hahaha, I don't get what his problem is?

YOU MUST LIKE MUSCLES OR YOU'RE ALL STRANGE FREAKS OF NATURE AND MUST DIE. :fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Not really, and I doubt professors call people 'freaks'. People value different things in life, and people find different things attractive. I've never been a sports fanatic and have never found super sporty/active guys attractive. Also, there are several theories on attraction, nothing is set in stone. There are also exceptions to every rule, like some men liking abnormally small or large boobs, for example.
    That's probably because you are worried that they won't be on call to spend time with you, or you don't want a guy with the confidence that comes with being a good sports player.

If you saw a top flight muscly rugby player naked, you'd say you wouldn't get attracted to him 'in your head', but you'd be getting moist.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 26, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.