Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why is everyone getting a blackberry? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Andriod the best Mobile OS of there and it will continue to improve. I have friends who all have blackberry's , after research and what not, you'll find the hardware is bloody shiiiiit and so is the software... The main feature of a blackberry is BBM which the main the reason people are getting them. Personally I have HTC desire HD which bloody great.

ReputationRep:
    I used to have a Nokia, but my dad got a new Blackberry and gave me his old one to try out. It's convenient, actually, sheep or no sheep. Also, I hate Apple, so **** iPhones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilzoldier)
    Its so annoying, virtually everyone in my school has a blackberry, whats the point? Wheres the diversity if everyone has the same bloody brand of phone and Its not even that good.

Why are so many people starting to get Blackberrys?, Is it because its good? or Is it just a social trend thing?

I would like to hear people's opinions on this.
    Kalaberry is in fashion.

ReputationRep:
    I went from an iPhone 3G to a Blackberry Curve. HATED it, it was clunky and not very user friendly in my opinion. Am now having a passionate love affair with an iPhone 4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilzoldier)
    Its so annoying, virtually everyone in my school has a blackberry, whats the point? Wheres the diversity if everyone has the same bloody brand of phone and Its not even that good.

Why are so many people starting to get Blackberrys?, Is it because its good? or Is it just a social trend thing?

I would like to hear people's opinions on this.
    I think there is a bit of everything here. There is peer imitation, there is "fashion," but this does not mean that everybody must follow the crowd.

Technically some models of Blackberry are actually good, some others are not. In pure technological terms, instead of a Blackberry, I would go for an Android-based phone, like Samsung Galaxy S or a Win7 based phone, because they are likely to have more longevity.

ReputationRep:
    This might just be a coincidence BUT

are they reliable? because time and time again I see a status on Facebook from someone complaining that their BB has broke and such.

It's just another fashion thing though, like those stupid ugg boots and such, and because they're not genuinely interested in the phone for anything else rather than phoning, texting and music they don't really understand what other phones have to offer to see that an iphone is better or even their own phone, so it's basically a "get what everyone else gets and what looks the nicest" kinda thing

My cousin started with an android, then a BB, THEN an Iphone, she said the IPhone is the best, and I'm gonna agree with her because I've had mine for a year and a half and never looked back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ocarinaoftime)
    This might just be a coincidence BUT

are they reliable? because time and time again I see a status on Facebook from someone complaining that their BB has broke and such.

My cousin started with an android, then a BB, THEN an Iphone, she said the IPhone is the best, and I'm gonna agree with her because I've had mine for a year and a half and never looked back.

I don't think you can compare Andriod to BB or Iphone , well maybe you compare to BB... Firstly Andriod is not a mobile phone it's an OS , secondly there are hundreds of handset running android each with every different spec. I personally think HTC Desire HD is much better phone than Iphone 4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Menakshelatte)
    because they're sheeps&follow fashion.

Iphone is way better.
    Awesome post unless you were serious!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mabdullah8)
    Andriod the best Mobile OS of there and it will continue to improve. I have friends who all have blackberry's , after research and what not, you'll find the hardware is bloody shiiiiit and so is the software... The main feature of a blackberry is BBM which the main the reason people are getting them. Personally I have HTC desire HD which bloody great.
    I don't like android, but your point on the hardware and software being **** is true.
    my cousin has one and the trackpad thing is terrible, hardly works and isn't remotely responsive same for a few of my friends.

ReputationRep:

It raised a smile so thought I'd post it here

The iPhone one isn't really funny...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Stig)

It raised a smile so thought I'd post it here

The iPhone one isn't really funny...
    Lies it's hilarious

The Android one on the other hand ...

ReputationRep:
    Because they cannot see that a Iphone 4 is better.

ReputationRep:
    Using a blackberry feels so outdated. The software and OS is closer to a 3310 than Android or any of the other compatitors. Feels like a time machine... Ew.

ReputationRep:
    Goin Queen Mary dis year im frm east london add me BB PIN: 236049AF
    Every1's getting BB because its a all in one phone. Messaging, IM, Social Networking, Browsing, Games and applications. Everyone uses Blackberry Messenger these days nd facebook and pingchat which also works on the bb

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I have a low-end Blackberry because I'm on a SIM-only contract, so it was going to cost me virtually the same amount no matter what handset I bought, therefore I got an unlocked refurbished returned Blackberry (essentially exactly the same as a new one, just a fraction of the price).

Yes, I could have bought an iPhone, but I don't like using touchscreens because I'm a careless typist :P

ReputationRep:
    blackberry messenger ftw

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.