Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Confessions of a gamer: Your worst ethically questionable behaviour in computer games Watch

ReputationRep:
    Well I mostly play Animal Crossing so obviously nothing too depraved to do, but I do sometimes dig holes around my 'friends' so they can't walk anywhere.

Pretty sick huh?

Hmm. :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    I think my lowest point was mind tricking Zaalbar to kill Mission in Knights of the Old Republic.

I remember reading about one of the developers saying they'd put it in as a really extreme act and they didn't think any gamer would be depraved enough to have him do it.

:cry2:.

ReputationRep:
    Well generally I play the goody two shoes in games, and while playing Deus Ex 3 recently I did feel regret that after hacking a robot, I accidentally set it on a room full of Belltower guards I was trying to clear using a Stun gun, only for the robot to kill them all. But I did gleefully hack a turret at another point and turn it on the soldiers who had originally set it up.

I suppose the only other thing I can say that is really amoral I used to do in a game is walking up to enemies in that were on last stand and making it pointedly clear that 'I'm going to stab you now and I want you to know it'.

ReputationRep:
    on cod4, in hardcore search and destroy, using rocket launcher at start to kill every1 on your own team...

ReputationRep:
    Counter Strike 1.6...flash bang own team mates while they are shooting at the other team :O (friendly fire has to be off for this to work).

ReputationRep:
    I play regularly on Europa Universalis III, I secretly make alliances with multiple people, instigate wars and end up remaining neutral before kicking ass, then I take their territories to grind materials and use their citizens for slaves.

ReputationRep:
    Killing the mothers of my children on fable. I had around 3-4 wife's in every city. Whenever I entered a city they would invariably meet each other and have arguments. I got tired of this so just killed them all and paid my fine to the guard for murder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lightburns)
    Age of Empires 2 - used a monk to convert half a dozen troops, walled them in a "prison" and left them there. Their own people promptly arrived and shot them all, and they were unable to get out. Muahahah!

Age of Mythology didn't have locks on the gates, which saddened me.
    Ooh- I did something similar!

In Age of Mythology, I made 4 walls in a square and surrounded the walls with towers and put man-eating plants on the inside (the carnivoras). Then I used the Shifting Sands godpower to transport a group of enemies into the enclosure!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I punched the turtle at the beginning of Crysis in the head...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wenger16)
    on cod4, in hardcore search and destroy, using rocket launcher at start to kill every1 on your own team...
    So you are a *******?

ReputationRep:
    Blowing up the town in Fallout is pretty damn questionable ethically. I think the worst games for ethics are RTS's though. Think about it. You often build second rate units just to spam the enemy or use them as distractions or fodder. Some also allow you to use suicide weapons and lets not forget when you hit the popcap and start 'deleting' people. My god RTS's are evil.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ed_jnr)
    A classic guilty pleasure was removing the ladder from the swimming pool in Sims and letting my Sims drown to death in their expensive swimming pool.

Top of my list would be removing part of the track on an incline on a launched coaster on Rollercoaster Tycoon. There's nothing more satisfying than watching 40 of your paying guests being flung high into the air before exploding on impact.
    Not as evil as removing the chain lift on a rollercoaster and waiting for a train to come down the drop, right into the back of the other one. BANG! Thats 80 people dead.

ReputationRep:
    I accepted the money from O'Malley in Deus Ex

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeylawson)
    Not as evil as removing the chain lift on a rollercoaster and waiting for a train to come down the drop, right into the back of the other one. BANG! Thats 80 people dead.
    Hahaha never did that, i've obviously missed out.

I just remembered making a short vertical freefall ride and increasing the speed to maximum. They went flying in the air and on the way back down exploded on impact with the ride.

I once created a prison camp by cornering off a queue, using the scenery to turn it into a confined prison space and using the hook tool to manually place as many as my guests in there as possible. It was a human zoo of sorts for my other guests to enjoy.

Come to think of it, Rollercoaster Tycoon was a really sadistic game.

ReputationRep:
    Most of the campaign/solo evil that I've done has already been mentioned, but another evil I love to do sometimes is winding people on multiplayer - this vid wasn't by me, but it's the kind of thing I'm talkign about

ReputationRep:
    I played Battlefield 2....on console.

ReputationRep:
    Purposely startling witches on Left 4 Dead 2, purely to annoy my boyfriend
    And drown my visitors on Rollercoaster Tycoon by digging holes and putting water at one end and watching them walk into it and die. Or just picking them up and putting them in water
    And kill the sims
    And the sims dogs
    And trapping visitors in my dinosaur park on Jurassic Park Operation Genesis and watching them be brutally savaged by Allosaurus

Such a bad person.

ReputationRep:
    My favorite song atm is Nicola Roberts - Dance to the beat of my drum. So catchy once you've heard it once! x

Sorry this is not meant to be here. Wrong thread.. :/

ReputationRep:
    Arranging people I killed into sexual positions in Hitman/Metal Gear Solid.

Stealing items in Streets of Rage, when a teammate needs them more.

...And you will know me by the trail of dead, in Just Cause 2. Usually dangling by their crotch from something highly explosive. Cannot wait for Saints Row 3.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 9, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.