Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hmm this thread has been quite :holmes: everyone must be studying or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticSkills)
    Yes, I work during the day so I can only focus on class assignments after I get home. Sometimes I even have to put Turkish study aside. I am around though

ReputationRep:
    i have two 5,000 words essay to complete! I don't even no what I am doing..just going crazy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zebracolors)
    Nah its not a huge deal

If he comes over I would give him a big hos geldiniz! America; come for the sights, stay for the hugley expensive prices!

saka!

Seriously Ramocito If you comes I hope you get to have some fun while you are here.
    I'm sure he will.
    (Is America more expensive than London? I thought it was the other way round :confused: )

And about tunaydin, what tense is that? presuming that -y and -din are suffixes of course.
    Erm, let me get back to you on this one. I don't want to give you wrong information. :top:

negative, why would anyone even want me to sing :confused: my voice is horrible
    I can think of a few reasons.

No something like this I reckon

Spoiler:
    Show
    http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/08_02/uncalbertDM1308_468x376.jpg
    Aww he has a white beard?

Sorry, I haven't been that great of a deputy.

I've been busy and Ramocito won't be posting till at least Thursday I think.

(Original post by G_S)
    i have two 5,000 words essay to complete! I don't even no what I am doing..just going crazy!
    Good luck!

Allah zihin acikligi versin. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I work during the day so I can only focus on class assignments after I get home. Sometimes I even have to put Turkish study aside. I am around though
    sucks, you work near enough 24/7 then ugh I don't think I want to do a masters after this course. I just want to get a job and start working so much stuff I want/need to buy. I've been studying for 15-17 years I think it's time to call it quits after this year haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollywoodbudgie)
    I can think of a few reasons.
    O rly? like what :confused:

Aww he has a white beard?
    Nah he's a typical old cypriot bald head etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G_S)
    not 1 but two, Allah yardimcin olsun use plenty of references

off topic, I forgot to put all the quotes in one box

ahhh bu kafam benim

ReputationRep:
    O rly? like what :confused:
    To embarrass you? Because he wanted to test to see if you'd make a good partner to go onto X Factor with him? :dontknow:

Nah he's a typical old cypriot bald head etc
    Really? I thought most Turkish Cypriot old men looked like this:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Joking. I'm a Kibrisli too and no, that wasn't a photo of my grandad.

ReputationRep:
    To embarrass you? Because he wanted to test to see if you'd make a good partner to go onto X Factor with him? :dontknow:
    hmm perhaps, but I think it was because no one else talked to him people always thought he was weird lol he killed the Ahmet Kaya and Selda Bagcan songs which was funny because he thought he had a good voice

Really? I thought most Turkish Cypriot old men looked like this:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Joking. I'm a Kibrisli too and no, that wasn't a photo of my grandad.
    Negative they look mainly like this imo well that's what it's like in the village back home

Spoiler:
    Show
    http://weeklycoitus.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/old-man.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Negative they look mainly like this imo well that's what it's like in the village back home

Spoiler:
    Show
    http://weeklycoitus.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/old-man.jpg
    Nah, he's too white for a general Cypriot, (though I tend to find a lot of people from the Baf regions look European).
    Are you fom Cyprus? :holmes:

I'm from Lefke & Baf.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, he's too white for a general Cypriot, (though I tend to find a lot of people from the Baf regions look European).
    Are you fom Cyprus? :holmes:

I'm from Lefke & Baf.
    Yep, Im cypriot but half my dads from Turkey guess that means im a 'Garasakal' haha. You're right in some regions such as Baf people look a lot more European. There's quite a few blonde/pale people near Magusa as well.

ReputationRep:
    Hey people hope ur all doing well. I just about managed to understand what I need to do for one essay but the other I have no idea!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yep, Im cypriot but half my dads from Turkey guess that means im a 'Garasakal' haha. You're right in some regions such as Baf people look a lot more European. There's quite a few blonde/pale people near Magusa as well.
    Oh cool.
    Yer the 'garasakal' term... how disrespectful.

(Original post by G_S)
    Hey people hope ur all doing well. I just about managed to understand what I need to do for one essay but the other I have no idea!!!
    I feel like hitting this lab book across my head until the words of it fade off onto my head. :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G_S)
    I am at peace at least. GS, is there no one from your class you can ask? Are you permitted to ask the professor? perhaps for more information on the criteria if that is part of the issue?

And Chaotic

Insallah and I hope you can find successful work Do you have to wait until after your course to find employment? How does the proverb go?

Su akarken testiyi doldurmali. ("fill the pitcher while the water is flowing")Just wondering if you can at least find something temporary maybe.

hehe found some proverbs mentioned while taking some notes Turk notes in regards to wide tense verbs (-ir).

ReputationRep:
    I am at peace at least. GS, is there no one from your class you can ask? Are you permitted to ask the professor? perhaps for more information on the criteria if that is part of the issue?

And Chaotic

Insallah and I hope you can find successful work Do you have to wait until after your course to find employment? How does the proverb go?

Su akarken testiyi doldurmali. ("fill the pitcher while the water is flowing")Just wondering if you can at least find something temporary maybe.

hehe found some proverbs mentioned while taking some notes Turk notes in regards to wide tense verbs (-ir).
    Hi ya

I tend to help other people in the class no one seems to know what they are doing! so no one can help me Our lecturers are always sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooo busy!!! trying to get in touch with them is sooo stressful

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I'm so happy to see Turks on here!
    Ive been using the student forum to check exam solutions etc and just thought I'd do a bit of searching and found here !!

How's everyone doing??

Any plans for the summer?? - I seriously can't wait..

ReputationRep:
    Salaam all

Feel free to introduce yourself here...am not a Turk but Pakistani.

Any mancunians in the house????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by warrior-1)
    Salaam all

Feel free to introduce yourself here...am not a Turk but Pakistani.

Any mancunians in the house????
    I support Manchester United.

ReputationRep:
    I support Manchester United.
    Why??????

I support MAnchester CIty!!

Su akarken testiyi doldurmali. ("fill the pitcher while the water is flowing")
    There are some good ones, although the only one I can think of right now is "bos teneke cok ses yapar."/"an empty can makes a lot of noise."

(Original post by warrior-1)
    I support MAnchester CIty!!
    I prefer FC United of Manchester.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.