(Original post by Amodeus)
    Cambridge
    Harvard
    Oxford
    Yale
    MIT

(Original post by dn013)
    False. Nice wishful thinking though.
    Agreed with dn013 completely on this one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manic_fuzz)
    Harvard
    Yale
    Brown
    Princeton
    i can't think of anymore
    can't i just say Ivy League?
    haha this

ReputationRep:
    Ucla, unc, michigan state, kentucky, duke

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam0311)
    This is a credited response.

Sure you might have 4 years of fame amongst your family by getting an english degree from yale. But once you graduate with that worthless degree, and your family realizes that it has zero employability you will be shamed for not doing a science subject at Cambridge.
    You can also do a science degree at Yale.

I fail to see your point, other than attacking arts degrees, and this thread is about something else.

ReputationRep:
    Harvard
    Yale
    MIT
    Stanford
    Berkeley

(Also thinking Princeton, but I'm only allowed 5)

ReputationRep:
    Harvard
    Yale
    MIT
    Princeton
    Brown

But Stanford, Duke, NYU, Colombia too because I watch too much American TV...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    You can also do a science degree at Yale.

I fail to see your point, other than attacking arts degrees, and this thread is about something else.
    If you had followed the discussion. He said that it would be better to do an arts degree at HYP than any other degree at Oxbridge.

ReputationRep:
    If you had followed the discussion. He said that it would be better to do an arts degree at HYP than any other degree at Oxbridge.
    my bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theiantomywanda)
    The first five I think of are:
    Harvard, Yale, Princeton, MIT and Stanford
    This sounds about right to me.

ReputationRep:
    But your evidence is based on your own subjective opinions - just as you know/have seen many arts graduates with no jobs, I've seen plenty who have an arts degree from HYP (i.e. English, History, Classics etc) land jobs on Wall Street for example - where aside from trading and quant jobs, very little math skills are required and the brand-name of HPY is enough to secure an arts major a job.

The same goes MC's to an even greater degree, as they're even bigger prestige whores for HYP and accept even more arts graduates - just look at McKinsey and Bains intake this year for example.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchild007)
    But your evidence is based on your own subjective opinions.
    Yours as well.

I've seen plenty who have an arts degree from HYP (i.e. English, History, Classics etc) land jobs on Wall Street for example - where aside from trading and quant jobs, very little math skills are required and the brand-name of HPY is enough to secure an arts major a job.
    No evidence on this either buddy. Look if you were arguing an Econ grad from Harvard vs. an Econ grad from Cambridge...we can talk. But if you are arguing a classic major at Yale vs. an Econ grad from Cambridge, you're delusional in your thought process.

The same goes MC's to an even greater degree, as they're even bigger prestige whores for HYP and accept even more arts graduates - just look at McKinsey and Bains intake this year for example.
    Source that the London offices of these MC's will take HYP arts grads over Cambridge econ/math/science grads.

ReputationRep:
    Harvard
    Yale
    Princeton
    Stanford
    Brown

ReputationRep:
    No evidence on this either buddy. Look if you were arguing an Econ grad from Harvard vs. an Econ grad from Cambridge...we can talk. But if you are arguing a classic major at Yale vs. an Econ grad from Cambridge, you're delusional in your thought process.

Source that the London offices of these MC's will take HYP arts grads over Cambridge econ/math/science grads.
    Likewise, if you are so intent on seeing sources, I would love to see some for either of your 2 statements above. But of course, your reply will no doubt be "I'm right and you must therefore be delusional", based on what is subjective evidence.

Provide substantive evidence and I shall wholeheartedly concede, but until you don't, stop making statements which are wholly subjective in nature or calling anything else but your thoughts "delusional" :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Just out of curiosity, are you really stating that HYP art grads have a better shot than Oxbridge Maths/econ/Physics grads?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annoying-Mouse)
    Just out of curiosity, are you really stating that HYP art grads have a better shot than Oxbridge Maths/econ/Physics grads?
    Not only that, he's 110% convinced of it. Good luck trying to prove him otherwise. I sure as hell couldn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annoying-Mouse)
    I'm not saying they are - no where did I say that. I'm merely saying you cannot also say that the latter have a better shot than the former (from your post), unless you care to provide evidence to back that claim up.

Advocating one over the other is equally as moronic frankly, regardless of what side you are on.

ReputationRep:
    Not only that, he's 110% convinced of it. Good luck trying to prove him otherwise. I sure as hell couldn't.
    Thank you for putting words in my mouth - the classic sign of a failed argument on your part, having to distort others argument. Well done on the effort there young one :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    HARVARD....thats it ha

ReputationRep:
    Yale
    Harvard
    MIT
    Princeton
    Berkeley

ReputationRep:
    I'm not saying they are - no where did I say that. I'm merely saying you cannot also say that the latter have a better shot than the former (from your post), unless you care to provide evidence to back that claim up.

Advocating one over the other is equally as moronic frankly, regardless of what side you are on.
    Thought as such. But, wouldn't you agree generally science/econ grads are more favourable than art grads? I do agree with you though that a HYP grad will probably get a job over a Oxbridge (any major) grad given the current preference for home students and discrimination against international.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.